PDA

View Full Version : Brett Lawrie needs to stop chirping and start producing

Arkadium
05-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Brett Lawrie ‏@blawrie13 7m
All u people who chirp when things don't go good have never done anything in pro sport .. Ever .. So shut ur mouths #LetsGetThisThingg #jays

He of all people on this team needs to stop talking and start producing.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Brett Lawrie needs to shut his mouth. WTF do these guys expect? They play in pro sports and people play good money to watch them perform. If you can't perform then you should be subject to ridicule, plain and simple. That's how the world works. If you can't perform at a job, then you have to deal with what comes with that.

I really wish the Jays organization would try to put a stop to these guys tweeting. Some of them are really too stupid to be doing this.

CHRIS
05-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Is spelling "Thingg" with two "g"s a hip new thing that I'm too old to understand, or just a rage-induced typo? I'd like to know so as to stay relevant with my kidds.

HERPDERP
05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
If you're gonna punish Lawrie you're gonna have to punish Bautista too. Both of them are pretty whiny on twitter and pretty easy to troll and get a response.

Unfortunately Jay Stenhouse and the rest of the front office have sat idly by ever since they started these twitter tirades and done nothing. Don't expect anything to come out of it.

I trust you if Lawrie was not Canadian he would get a bad rap from Jays fans and be labeled a headcase.

o2cui2i
05-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Brett Lawrie needs to shut his mouth. WTF do these guys expect? They play in pro sports and people play good money to watch them perform. If you can't perform then you should be subject to ridicule, plain and simple. That's how the world works. If you can't perform at a job, then you have to deal with what comes with that.

I really wish the Jays organization would try to put a stop to these guys tweeting. Some of them are really too stupid to be doing this.

Jays have a lot of mental midgets.

Dude
05-09-2013, 02:33 PM
If he was Cuban like Yunel he would definitely get run out of town pretty quickly.

Haha Brett's on another level though, usually in a good way. I'm on the side of the fence that thinks he just needs to mature, regardless of nationality I don;t see him being run of town(You were probably exaggerating, I know). I wouldn't label him a detrimental head case yet since I notices he's trying to play more reserved since his first few games. Broken record time, his timings way off at the plate which I wanna see him improve soon.

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Haha, what an idiot. It's a cheap distraction that JP also loves to use. Apparently none of us are ever allowed to comment on the game because we didn't make the major leagues. What a joke.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Bingo. More than everything else, they really just embarrass themselves.

It's a slap in the face of the organization and the fanbase that support this team. I really couldn't care less what these guys think or say, but I can see why many fans would be upset by this. It's just counterproductive to the marketing this team does do and I don't know why the organization can't see this.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Right, it's just like yelling back at a fan during a game.

Fans have invested in the team, they can be as critical as they wish. You are being paid to do a job.

Exactly. Imagine if you work with clients and then they say something upsetting to you. Are you going to tell the the shut their mouths even though their money is what supports your business?

I can understand standing up to people who go well beyond what is acceptable, but general heckling is pretty normal for sports.

Dude
05-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I dunno maybe I'm wrong though hehe

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
It's a slap in the face of the organization and the fanbase that support this team. I really couldn't care less what these guys think or say, but I can see why many fans would be upset by this. It's just counterproductive to the marketing this team does do and I don't know why the organization can't see this.

It's not really counterproductive to the team's marketing when the team is actively promoting the player's twitter accounts. The organization is as much a part of the problem as the players are.

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 02:45 PM
"you guys have never played pro sports, so you can't have an opinion. Come to the games and pay our salaries though please!"

By the same logic, they should be saying the same thing to anyone from the media because they have also never done anything in pro sports ever.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Maybe they really don't care about fans who don't blindly support the team unquestionably? Kinda like how they blew off Baseball Prospectus.

If that is true then they are dumber than I thought. People will eventually move on if pushed far enough. Considering baseball takes a backseat to hockey in this city, its pretty idiotic that the organization lets this happen. This team may already be in danger of seeing a significant drop in attendance with their record and hot heads like Lawrie are not helping this.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 02:53 PM
It's not really counterproductive to the team's marketing when the team is actively promoting the player's twitter accounts. The organization is as much a part of the problem as the players are.

It is counterproductive when the team says "hey go here" and then Lawrie or whoever spits on them when they get there. A lot of it kind of makes this organization look incompetent and unable to handle their players.

Olerud363
05-09-2013, 03:45 PM
This is actually a good point. And in a larger context. There is something wrong with this organization. It does just a terrible job at establishing major leaguers.

0. Unknown draft pick.
1. Minor league hot shot
2. Major Leaguer with questions.
3. Major Leaguer with single successful season.
4. Major leaguer with multi year run of success.

When is the last time we got anybody to 4?? Delgado?? Halladay I guesse if we include pitchers. Nowadays we don;'t even get anyone to 3. Last guy we got to stage 3. was Lind. Romero I suppose when we include pitchers.

Typically in the J.P. era guys would get to 3. and then regress back to 2 (Lind, Hill, Wells, Rios)... but now we can't even get anyone to stage 3. (Rasmus, Lawrie, Snider, Thames, Cooper).

G-Snarls
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
If Lawrie were on the Yankees, he'd be an all-star every year. "

-

Or he would have been kicked to the curb already

Metallijay
05-09-2013, 03:49 PM
This is actually a good point. And in a larger context. There is something wrong with this organization. It does just a terrible job at establishing major leaguers.

0. Unknown draft pick.
1. Minor league hot shot

When is the last time we got anybody to 4?? Delgado?? Halladay I guesse if we include pitchers. Nowadays we don;'t even get anyone to 3. Last guy we got to stage 3. was Lind. Romero I suppose when we include pitchers.

Typically in the J.P. era guys would get to 3. and then regress back to 2 (Lind, Hill, Wells, Rios)... but now we can't even get anyone to stage 3. (Rasmus, Lawrie, Snider, Thames, Cooper).

This, developing talent is the single biggest issue with this org, we need a new delgado.

G-Snarls
05-09-2013, 03:51 PM
This, developing talent is the single biggest issue with this org, we need a new delgado.

I worry that D'Arnaud was going to be the closest thing to it.

o2cui2i
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM

0. Unknown draft pick.
1. Minor league hot shot

maybe when they stop drafting guys that are great athletes, but shitty ball players and only go after guys who can already play baseball. they have not been able to develop the athletic high school kids into anything.

their player projection model is flawed.

GD
05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
What kind of fucking tool says "chirp?"

Metallijay
05-09-2013, 04:30 PM
What kind of fucking tool says "chirp?"

Internet warriors.

GD
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Internet warriors.

As JPA says #keyboardwarriors, lol.

JFD
05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
yeah Brett, that'll get people to stop chirping.. LMAO

what a child

this guy has a lot to learn about life... and baseball

Olerud363
05-09-2013, 05:03 PM

I would be happy with just a good regular who is OK from year to year,, and doesn't do anything (Hill, Wells) so insulting that he needs to be traded for nothing or basically released on Waivers (Rios)

A multi-year regular who doesn't implode into seasons so bad that he needs a "fresh start". Really. Have we had that since Green and Delgado??

Wells no he imploded.... Snider didn't develop... Lind 1 good year and imploded.... Hill imploded...,. Rios same... Hinske traded after he imploded? Jose Cruz? Released before 30.

Bautista and EE could be in the middle of multiple good years, but if "miracle at 29" is our development strategy can we atleast call up Nerych and Laroche??

Metallijay
05-09-2013, 05:11 PM
The Jays have a long history of guys having one good year then tanking, Wells, Rios, Lind, Hill. Except hill regained some form after he left and rios as a bit this year. This org is really bad at developing talent, not since delgado have we developed anyone really. It's why this team has struggles since the 90's.

GD
05-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Hill's the one guy I wonder about. He was an all-star level player, then wasn't, then goes to Arizona and is back to being one. We messed him up.

#FDM and a slight improvement in ballpark situation (I'd assume AZ's park factor and park BABIP is higher than RC's) is my guess. He wasn't going to regain his former abilities here so I'm not sad about the move. Did we get compensation for KJ?

Boy, though, Hill would look SO much better than Izturis or Boni out there every day.

JaysAllMighty
05-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Lawrie after being disciplined: " I would do exactly the same thing over again! "

Cement Head Lawrie. So much talent without any brains. Real shame.

wilko
05-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Sports are all about social media now. If you don't "connect" with the public in some way you're an old fart. Most of these guys are lucky to get out of high school, what do you expect they are going to say when you throw a phone in their hands with a Twitter account? You're not going to get any profound quotes that's for sure.

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 07:11 PM
What happened with BP that you are all talking about?

GeorgiaPeach
05-09-2013, 07:24 PM
He of all people on this team needs to stop talking and start producing.

He needs to learn to not to showboat and shut his mouth when the Jays are getting fucking smashed.

G-Snarls
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
What happened with BP that you are all talking about?

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-bluejays&tid=90585

GeorgiaPeach
05-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Haha, what an idiot. It's a cheap distraction that JP also loves to use. Apparently none of us are ever allowed to comment on the game because we didn't make the major leagues. What a joke.

He said Pro sport.....not the majors.

GeorgiaPeach
05-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Maybe they really don't care about fans who don't blindly support the team unquestionably? Kinda like how they blew off Baseball Prospectus.

The majority of the fanbase is sketchy at best and always will be. And even if the Org. were to do something to lose the fans, they could easily snare an entire different group back whenever they wanted.

Oh, the difficulty of pleasing non-baseball fans.

GeorgiaPeach
05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
If that is true then they are dumber than I thought. People will eventually move on if pushed far enough. Considering baseball takes a backseat to hockey in this city, its pretty idiotic that the organization lets this happen. This team may already be in danger of seeing a significant drop in attendance with their record and hot heads like Lawrie are not helping this.

Casual fans are easily persuaded and if ticked off and they leave, it wouldn't take much to do something different or build hope and they'd all be back.

GeorgiaPeach
05-09-2013, 07:50 PM
this guy has a lot to learn about life... and baseball

Its this generation of late teens and early 20 somethings right now. Generation Entitlement.

HERPDERP
05-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Lawrie directly responds here:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2013/05/09/blue_jays_brett_lawrie_wants_people_who_havent_pla yed_pro_ball_to_shut_ur_mouths.html

GD
05-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Lawrie directly responds here:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2013/05/09/blue_jays_brett_lawrie_wants_people_who_havent_pla yed_pro_ball_to_shut_ur_mouths.html

Not that it matters, but Lawrie isn't even remotely literate.

dineke
05-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Lol Lawrie's a badass. Fuck Zaun.

Olerud363
05-09-2013, 08:05 PM
#FDM and a slight improvement in ballpark situation (I'd assume AZ's park factor and park BABIP is higher than RC's) is my guess. He wasn't going to regain his former abilities here so I'm not sad about the move. Did we get compensation for KJ?

Boy, though, Hill would look SO much better than Izturis or Boni out there every day.

KJ would look better then them as well.

GD
05-09-2013, 08:09 PM
KJ would look better then them as well.

I don't think KJ sustains this hot start either

Olerud363
05-09-2013, 08:14 PM
And I don't think we got anything for KJ. We gave him arb after 2011 I think... and he accepted?? Then after 2012 you needed to give him a 12 million dollar offer. We did not obviously.

baseball ref has AZs multi year park factor at 105, and Rogers center at 103. Slight difference but not huge.

Hill had a better home spilt in 2012... so some guys argue it was the park. But it wasn't. I couldn't find his Toronto splits from 2011 (bbref has them mixed with Arizona) but in 2010 he had about a .600 ops on the road, .700 in Rogers center. In 2012 it was around .830 road and ,930 home. Exactly the same difference... so you can't say it's the stadium. #FDM... or in this organization make him a coach or "consultant".

G-Snarls
05-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Lol Lawrie's a badass. Fuck Zaun.

Baseball analyst Gregg Zaun chimed in about Lawrie’s tweet on Thursday, suggesting on Sportsnet 590 The Fan radio that Lawrie should delete his Twitter account

Lawrie, however, plans to do no such thing, defiantly tweeting at the former Jays catcher: “@greggzaun I should get off twitter? .. I’ll do wat I want actually .. #TakeCareNow.”

Lawrie also deleted that tweet after posting it.

Olerud363
05-09-2013, 09:51 PM
He's not that far off his career numbers. And actually he's allready had a couple seasons of .850 ops. So I'm not sure why he wouldn't be able to maintain it.

He might not. But it's no different then what he did for the whole year in 2010 or 2007. He's only 31.

Olerud363
05-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I think people were saying the same about Aaron Hill after he left and started hot with Arizona. Why not once the guys get demurphed they often hit pretty well.

Jonzo
05-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Baseball analyst Gregg Zaun chimed in about Lawrie’s tweet on Thursday, suggesting on Sportsnet 590 The Fan radio that Lawrie should delete his Twitter account

Lawrie, however, plans to do no such thing, defiantly tweeting at the former Jays catcher: “@greggzaun I should get off twitter? .. I’ll do wat I want actually .. #TakeCareNow.”

"Ill do what I want actually"..lol that's something I used to say.....when I was 12...to my parents.

ElNik2013
05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Turns out that all those stories about Lawrie's attitude weren't all bs afterall. Not saying they shouldn't have made the trade, but it looks like he doesn't realize he's hitting .160 or something like that. He's looking like the 3b version of Johnny Mac.

Nox
05-09-2013, 10:42 PM
This guy is a fucking idiot.

Does this team have any likeable players? Edwin, RA I guess are a couple.

TheHurl
05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
This guy is a fucking idiot.

Does this team have any likeable players? Edwin, RA I guess are a couple.

but so many that leave the ladies soaking their seats.

Pete_7
05-09-2013, 10:45 PM
If he doesn't want to see negative stuff he should delete his twitter page. Problem solved

dineke
05-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is about his tweet.

JFD
05-09-2013, 10:49 PM
but so many that leave the ladies soaking their seats.

they leave AA soaking his seat too

havok24
05-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Man if you aren't a Jays fan, it must be really easy to dislike this team.

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 11:14 PM
He said Pro sport.....not the majors.

Yeah, because it is really reasonable for all the fans in a stadium and the sports media to have made the minor leagues or some other pro sport. It's such a cheap distraction. He also deleted the tweet.

JFD
05-09-2013, 11:17 PM

I would love this team if I was a fan of another team

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 11:19 PM

The fact that he is actually listening to the radio is scary. He is so obsessed with himself that he is spending more time following what others are saying about him than working on his baseball skills.

TheHurl
05-09-2013, 11:20 PM
they leave AA soaking his seat too

that's just tzaziki

GD
05-09-2013, 11:21 PM

As a Jays fan, it's really easy to dislike this team.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Lawrie is a moron, plain and simple. He needs to shut his mouth.

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 11:23 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is about his tweet.

Have you done anything in pro sports? If not, I don't know why you are on a baseball forum commenting on the game. What do you know?

dineke
05-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Have you done anything in pro sports? If not, I don't know why you are on a baseball forum commenting on the game. What do you know?

He's just telling the people who are taunting him on twitter to get lost. When there's MLB players doing much worse shit like driving drunk I don't see what the big deal his tweet is.

havok24
05-09-2013, 11:28 PM
As a Jays fan, it's really easy to dislike this team.

lol yeah good point. I can't stand these guys myself.

Arkadium
05-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Lawrie is a moron, plain and simple. He needs to shut his mouth.

I think he's an egomaniac more than anything else.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 11:30 PM
He's just telling the people who are taunting him on twitter to get lost. When there's MLB players doing much worse shit like driving drunk I don't see what the big deal his tweet is.

Still doesn't discount the fact that he is a raging idiot.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I think he's an egomaniac more than anything else.

I just wish he would keep his mouth shut. For someone who has been a liability with the bat, he should probably lay low, not bring more attention to himself.

dineke
05-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Still doesn't discount the fact that he is a raging idiot.

I dunno... I guess after seeing him throw a helmet at an ump last year, a douchey tweet doesn't seem so bad to me.

GD
05-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I dunno... I guess after seeing him throw a helmet at an ump last year, a douchey tweet doesn't seem so bad to me.

Agreed, plenty of people are douchebags on twitter.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I dunno... I guess after seeing him throw a helmet at an ump last year, a douchey tweet doesn't seem so bad.

Obviously not as bad as that. It just really magnifies his stupidity is all.

ErrorcebiaPassedBall
05-09-2013, 11:35 PM

There's no way thousands of people on twitter are going to just get lost. He doesn't seem to want that anyways since he claims that it "fuels his fire." The guy is just a head case.

Chappy
05-09-2013, 11:36 PM
There's no way thousands of people on twitter are going to just get lost. He doesn't seem to want that anyways since he claims that it "fuels his fire." The guy is just a head case.

It would be better if he were a headcase that could hit like Manny.

Arkadium
05-09-2013, 11:37 PM
I just wish he would keep his mouth shut. For someone who has been a liability with the bat, he should probably lay low, not bring more attention to himself.

I think that's where people think he's "stupid" because he doesn't know when to shut up and lay low. But is it really stupidity or arrogance?

dineke
05-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Obviously not as bad as that. It just really magnifies his stupidity is all.

Dude's got eminem lyrics tattooed on his arms. His stupidity is out there in full display.

ElNik2013
05-09-2013, 11:41 PM

If only he would catch fire and start hitting, but it ain't happening. He does lead the league in fist pumps so there's that.

GD
05-09-2013, 11:41 PM
It would be better if he were a headcase that could hit like Manny.

At least he can play defense.

Chappy
05-10-2013, 12:04 AM
I think that's where people think he's "stupid" because he doesn't know when to shut up and lay low. But is it really stupidity or arrogance?

The arrogance is probably fueled by stupidity.

Chappy
05-10-2013, 12:05 AM
At least he can play defense.

Yup and a pleasure to watch at that. Just needs to let his play do that talking. #YoungandtooStupidtoUseTwitter