PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Morrow not in Boston yet

GD
05-10-2013, 07:36 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/toronto-blue-jays-brandon-morrow-back-neck-spasms/

Sigh...

dineke
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
So all of their starters have been hurt except for the one that I wish would get hurt...

JaysZee
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/toronto-blue-jays-brandon-morrow-back-neck-spasms/

Sigh...

How can things possibly be any worse

GD
05-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Lol @ the "Is this rock bottom?" thread.

G-Snarls
05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
@SNBarryDavis: Morrow says he can throw but wouldn't be affective. Says he plans to start Wed. That would make Jenkins your starter Sunday. #bluejays

G-Snarls
05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Barry Davis can't spell

dineke
05-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Barry Davis can't spell

Squirrels can't spell.

Metallijay
05-11-2013, 12:12 PM
lol, shea hillenbrand cursed the jays before be left. This explains all of this. Something has to sacrifice a virgin guys.

dineke
05-11-2013, 12:13 PM
lol, shea hillenbrand cursed the jays before be left. This explains all of this. Something has to sacrifice a virgin guys.

The fuck are you smoking?

Metallijay
05-11-2013, 12:14 PM
The fuck are you smoking?
It was a joke, lighten up francis.

Metallijay
05-11-2013, 12:14 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3643d2.jpg

Great flick.

Anemic0ffense
05-11-2013, 12:15 PM
@SNBarryDavis: Morrow says he can throw but wouldn't be affective. Says he plans to start Wed. That would make Jenkins your starter Sunday. #bluejays

They are clearly just mailing it in at this point

dineke
05-11-2013, 12:16 PM
It was a joke, lighten up francis.

Jokes are supposed to be funny?

Metallijay
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Jokes are supposed to be funny?

Then why even respond? Just ignore and post what you want to? You a forum police wannbe? The INTERNETZ Serious business for dineke.

dineke
05-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Then why even respond? Just ignore and post what you want to? You a forum police wannbe? The INTERNETZ Serious business for dineke.

Your post made absolute no sense so I was asking you if you're smoking something. I hope you are.

ElNik2013
05-11-2013, 12:24 PM
They are clearly just mailing it in at this point

Thing is, I felt this way since the beginning of the year with all the "it's early" shoulder-shrugging. Clearly they were not ready for the season, their pitchers were not stretched out and were pitching in minor league games one week before the season began and hitters were not playing on the road. Gibbons/AA's deferring to vetrins bit them in the behind, too hands-off.

Anyway, let's hope Buehrle puts togeter some QS and someone trades for him, even with a partly subsidized contract.

G-Snarls
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
What a gong show

And GordieDougie is right, we're nowhere near rock bottom yet...

Metallijay
05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Your post made absolute no sense so I was asking you if you're smoking something. I hope you are.

It made a lot of sense, ever hear of appeasing the god by making sacrifice? DUH, it's been around in fiction for hundreds of years, it was a joke, you did not have the IQ to understand move on. I bet your a real hit at parties.

ElNik2013
05-11-2013, 12:42 PM
The thing is, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Reyes, JJ and Morrow are injured. We knew RR had a horrible year last year, then had surgery and was bad all spring. Happ is bad luck, but he wasn't that good anyway. Basically, AA shouldn't be allowed to use injuries as an excuse, he had to know what he was acquiring.

I'm pretty indifferent at this point. I am now looking at guys that could be traded for prospects or salary relief. I also hope Christian Lopes gets promoted to A+, Andy Burns and Aaron Sanchez to AA and hopefully guys like Pillar, Nolin, Stroman, Jimenez and possibly Stilson make it to AAA at some point this year as well as Hutchison coming back and Gose's development. Maybe Goins can become a backup infielder. After that, hopefully Drabek and McGowan can become middle relievers and AA can trade some of the ML relievers to get something back. And we're only on May 11th!

dineke
05-11-2013, 12:44 PM
It made a lot of sense, ever hear of appeasing the god by making sacrifice? DUH, it's been around in fiction for hundreds of years, it was a joke, you did not have the IQ to understand move on. I bet your a real hit at parties.

I'm sorry if I don't understand what "Something has to sacrifice a virgin guys" means. I'll assume you meant "Someone has to sacrifice a virgin, guys"?

Haha I get it now, real funny. I'm sorry I'm such a dumdum.

G-Snarls
05-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Not surprisingly, Shi Davidi CAN spell:

baseballsss
05-11-2013, 01:10 PM
i don't understand what's up with these back/neck spasms. how can three players in a month go down with the same problem. seriously someone on the coaching staff is doing something wrong.

Metallijay
05-11-2013, 01:34 PM
It didn't make sense, hence dineke's and my posts.

It does unless you have limited knowledge. I've heard that joke stated numerous times over the years in movies, books, others.... It's pretty simple.

GD
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
What a gong show

And GordieDougie is right, we're nowhere near rock bottom yet...

I really don't like being right, lol.

It's why I don't do it often.

The thing is, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Reyes, JJ and Morrow are injured. We knew RR had a horrible year last year, then had surgery and was bad all spring. Happ is bad luck, but he wasn't that good anyway. Basically, AA shouldn't be allowed to use injuries as an excuse, he had to know what he was acquiring.

I'm pretty indifferent at this point. I am now looking at guys that could be traded for prospects or salary relief. I also hope Christian Lopes gets promoted to A+, Andy Burns and Aaron Sanchez to AA and hopefully guys like Pillar, Nolin, Stroman, Jimenez and possibly Stilson make it to AAA at some point this year as well as Hutchison coming back and Gose's development. Maybe Goins can become a backup infielder. After that, hopefully Drabek and McGowan can become middle relievers and AA can trade some of the ML relievers to get something back. And we're only on May 11th!

This is like best case scenario for us. All of this happening would be like winning the lottery.

GD
05-11-2013, 01:54 PM
It does unless you have limited knowledge. I've heard that joke stated numerous times over the years in movies, books, others.... It's pretty simple.

You mentioned sacrificing a virgin. Wouldn't that be suicide?

GD
05-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Someone should start a game where we guess who the next player to get hurt will be. Kinda like the first HR game.

I'm guessing next to go is Rasmus. Seems due for something bad.

baseballsss
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm guessing next to go is Rasmus. Seems due for something bad.

Bau or EE

Olerud363
05-11-2013, 02:13 PM

A serious sacrafice is needed. Don't need to kill anybody. But ceromonously fire Beeston, Gaston, Murphy, and half the scouts. Keep AA and Gibbons.

But AA has to do Jays talk twice a week. And apologize to every fan, be very curteous and humble and show that he is undergoing a transformative stage.

Then we have a week celebrating all that is Pat Gillick. An entire week. We also have days celebrating Yankees, Red Sox and Rays franchises. Which is strange in our home stadium. But we need to accept our inferiority to all these franchises... even Os as well. AA has to give a speech saying what is great about each of these franchises how they are beyond the jays and how in the future he will learn from them, respect them, and hope god willing to someday in the far future play them as equals, but acknowledge and take responsibility for the jays present inferiority.

We also have a day where Gibbons and Shea Hillenbrend shake hands at home plate. Gibbons will talk about past mistakes and Shea will get a coaching position (if he wants it) that may seem extreme but if there really is a curse of Shea how else would you reverse it??

GD
05-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Rasmus doesn't do stupid things and has no injury track record.

I bet JP will get railroaded and we'll have to bring up Thole.

Rasmus likes walls, broke something after we got him in 2011, and played through an injury last year.

I HOPE JP will get railroaded (preferably by Fielder) and we'll bring up Thole.

Olerud363
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM
11th!

Exactly. I had a guy tell me he liked the Jays moves but didn't draft any of these players because of injury risk. I asked him how could he like the moves if he wouldn't use those players for his fantasy team... he said "Oh I couldn't take the risk, I have some real money riding on this league." Then after thinking it over he realized he didn't like the moves after all. The point is anyway that AA made these moves that fantasy owners had concerns about... so like you said he can't use the injury excuse.