PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Central : Blair & Hayhurst

oakville69
05-11-2013, 11:21 PM
There is a radio show on Fan590 called Baseball Central with Jeff Blair & Dirk Hayhurst. The show is on at 11 am every weekday & is available on podcast.

I enjoy the banter between Blair & Hayhurst. Hayhurst likes to quote advanced stats. Blair is more "old school". It's nice to have a baseball specific show during the day.

Blair has a very good rapport with Gibby who is on the show almost everyday.

Anyone else listen to this show? Thoughts?

Arkadium
05-11-2013, 11:23 PM
I listen in my car everyday, better than listening to the Bobcat.

admin
05-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I don't like Blair anymore. He used to be so good, best Jays writer, breaking news, etc. Then I guess the audience needed meet his requirements, so he went down hill, then moved to hockey.

oakville69
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Blair & Hayhurst were arguing about Gibby's batting lineups on Monday. Should the Jays keep Jose in the 2 spot? JPA as cleanup hitter?

HERPDERP
05-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Blair & Hayhurst were arguing about Gibby's batting lineups on Monday. Should the Jays keep Jose in the 2 spot? JPA as cleanup hitter?

Klaw, everyone's favorite scout wrote awhile back wrote why your best hitter should be hitting 2 (but unfortunately it was insider)

However, that unfortunately results in Arencibia hitting clean-up which isn't all that great.

NJH
05-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Better than most baseball talk out of Toronto. Although Blair is an annoying, whiny buttface with a shrill voice, and Hayhurst unsuccessfully tries to play the statistically inclined, critical thinking devil's advocate (he's just not well versed enough - doesn't even grasp some of the most basic principles like babip).

So the show sucks but it's better than whatever else is out there.

Boxcar
05-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Blair's stammering is what gets me. It's no up and in podcast or anything.

Also, I'd put Adam Lind 2nd right now. Melky, Lind, Edwin, Bautista, Rasmus, Lawrie, etc.

NJH
05-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Anyone listen to that new BP podcast with Parks and what's his face?

Abomination
05-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Also, I'd put Adam Lind 2nd right now. Melky, Lind, Edwin, Bautista, Rasmus, Lawrie, etc.

I'm just happy Gibby is willing to try different things with the lineup (at least until the bats get going and/or Reyes returns). I think I'd swap EE and Bautista right now since Bautista is hotter (and Rasmus protecting him isn't much incentive to pitch to him atm), but it's not a big deal either way. I love the idea of Lind batting second, at least while he's having long at-bats and walking like he is right now.

Buster
05-27-2013, 04:05 PM
These guys are hitting their groove.

I PVR the show.