PDA

View Full Version : Yankees vs Indians Double Header.

jays4life19
05-13-2013, 01:29 PM
The Yankees lineup for today's first game is absolutely brutal . How is this team in first place?

Brett Gardner CF
Ichiro Suzuki LF
Robinson Cano 2B
Travis Hafner DH
Brennan Boesch RF
Chris Nelson 3B
Corban Joseph 1B
Chris Stewart C
Alberto Gonzalez SS

RHP David Phelps

LOL.

Really good chance the Indians take both games today....

Always nice to make up a full game - without playing.

Go Tribe Go!

jaysblue
05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
The Yankees have managed to find ways to pick up some solid veterans at low costs to plug into their lineups with all the injuries they've had. Always loved the Hafner pickup, since he could definitely take advantage of that short porch in right. Angels are mostly paying the entire contract of Vernon Wells, and he's definitely capable of putting up solid numbers like he did in 2010 at that ballpark. Lyle Overbay is having a good season as well. I don't know what to say really - Yankees just got lucky with all those pickups, because most of the time, maybe only one low risk move like those pans out.

Funny when the Jays picked up scrubs in years past who've had success, none of them provided any value. Really the Yankees have been extremely lucky with the production they've gotten out of Vernon Wells, Hafner and Overbay. Not saying they are bad players, but they've managed to all stay healthy and everything has gone right. They've had a lot of good luck to start the year nailing the Wells, Hafner and Overbay pickups.

Figgy1R22R
05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
So just to confirm.. Wells, Hafner and Overbay were solid pickups?

G-Snarls
05-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Wow game 1 has Indians up 1-0 after 7 shutout innings from Masterson. I'm glad it's not just the Jays that he can dominate like that.

jays4life19
05-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I think the Yankees atrocious lineup may be helping just a bit.

Would really love to see the jays pick up a full game.

G-Snarls
05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Would really love to see the jays pick up a full game.

Wow that would be sweet.

And the Red Sox are really struggling, have lost 8 of their last 10

The problem in this division is there's always another pesky team. Rays and Orioles are both playing well right now.

Abomination
05-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Both teams getting fantastic starts. Worse thing in the world is to have to go to the pen early in the first game of a double header. I'd kind of like to see this game get tied up and go deep into extras though (as long as the tribe win), tucker out the Yanks pen really good.

bzapple
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Funny when the Jays picked up scrubs in years past who've had success, none of them provided any value. Really the Yankees have been extremely lucky with the production they've gotten out of Vernon Wells, Hafner and Overbay. Not saying they are bad players, but they've managed to all stay healthy and everything has gone right. They've had a lot of good luck to start the year nailing the Wells, Hafner and Overbay pickups.

This is reminding me a lot of 2011 when their rotation looked like it was going to be terrible behind Sabathia, and then they somehow ended up getting decent seasons out of Bartolo Colon and Freddy Garcia. Seems like no matter how many holes they have to start the year, things will just break right for them and the team remains as competitive as they are every year.

Atothe
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
This is reminding me a lot of 2011 when their rotation looked like it was going to be terrible behind Sabathia, and then they somehow ended up getting decent seasons out of Bartolo Colon and Freddy Garcia. Seems like no matter how many holes they have to start the year, things will just break right for them and the team remains as competitive as they are every year.

Steinbrenners and their Vadoo magic, DAMN YOU HAL!

jays4life19
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
3 more outs for the win....

jaysblue
05-13-2013, 02:26 PM
From what they've all done in the first month and a half of the season, they've been solid pickups and short term replacements till guys like Tex, Granderson etc get back. I can't believe I'd be saying that in the middle of May, that all 3 have been solid, though thats the truth. It's really rare that a team would strike gold on three questionable players like that, though the Yankees sure have so far.

jaysblue
05-13-2013, 02:30 PM

+1

Exactly. The Yankees got decent years out of vets like Colon and Garcia (both pitchers who were on the downhill). Same with Wells, Overbay, and Hafner. They've been extremely lucky that all those 3 guys have panned out so far. Rarely happens. We've seen the Jays try to pick up players in the past like Kevin Mench, Brad Wilkerson, Shannon Stewart, and they've all stunk.

I'm sure Mark DeRosa would be having an All-Star year (2006-2008 version) if the Yankees signed him lol. Also, Ramon Ortiz would likely have a decent year haha. Crazy!

jays4life19
05-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Yankees 5 game winning streak is done!

Jays 9 games back.

Chance to be 8.5 in a few hours...

P2F
05-13-2013, 02:35 PM
And there's the first loss of the day for the Yankees. Hopefully the Indians can go 2-for-2.

Abomination
05-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Going to be cheering for the Tribe for sure. Hard to see a patient Yankees team losing to a pitcher that makes this year's Romero look like a control expert though.

G-Snarls
05-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Complete game shutout for Masterson

Nice

Let's make it two!!!

G-Snarls
05-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Who is this Nuno the Yanks are starting for game 2???

Hopefully he gets beat up

G-Snarls
05-13-2013, 02:56 PM
ESPN can answer the question I guess:

-

Who is Vidal Nuno

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-yorkyankees&id=54683&city=newyork

Abomination
05-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Poor Bauer there. That ball probably should have been a double play. No outs on the play AND he gets his foot stomped on while reaching for the ball. At least he's throwing strikes.

GD
05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Corban Joseph is solid

jays4life19
05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Corban Joseph is solid

Not at 1st base though...

torontofan
05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Not sure how Cleveland isn't hitting Nuno. He has had trouble throwing strikes all game, sitting at 88mph, and isn't keeping the ball down.

Abomination
05-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Not sure how Cleveland isn't hitting Nuno. He has had trouble throwing strikes all game, sitting at 88mph, and isn't keeping the ball down.

Hard to believe a Yankee team has 1) THAT kind of starting lineup and 2) is actually winning with that lineup.

jays4life19
05-13-2013, 05:25 PM
So much for that......

GeorgiaPeach
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM
My god!!!! People from this forum watch other teams.

Caper
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Hard to believe a Yankee team has 1) THAT kind of starting lineup and 2) is actually winning with that lineup.

Honestly... it makes me think, on one can know anything about baseball.

G-Snarls
05-13-2013, 05:42 PM
7-0

Bahhh

Stupid over performing Yankees