PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread: May 14, 2013. Toronto 10 - 6 Giants

fatcowxlive
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
The bats were on fire tonight! Bautista and Melky combined for 6/8 night with 2 walks, 2 RBI and 2 run scored and the Jays set a season high 18 hit performance against Zito and co!

Scoring Plays:

Bottom of the 1st:
Jays score (Jays lead 1-0): Edwin Encarnacion singles in Melky Cabrera
Jays score (Jays lead 3-0): DeRosa singles to center, Bautista scores and Edwin Encarnacion plates on an error charged to Angel Pagan (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27108549&c_id=mlb)
Jays score (Jays lead 4-0): Rasmus pulls a single to right scoring Derosa from second
Jays score (Jays lead 5-0): Emilio Bonifacio singles to center, Izturis scores
Jays score (Jays lead 6-0): Melky Cabrera singles to left plating Rasmus (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27109005&c_id=mlb)

Top of the 2nd:
Giants score (Jays lead 6-1): Nick Noonan singles to right, Pence just beats Bautista's throw to the plate (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27109671&c_id=mlb)

Top of the 4th:
Giants score (Jays lead 6-2): Brandon Belt hits a solo homer to center field (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27111677&c_id=mlb)

Bottom of the 6th:
Jays score (Jays lead 7-2): Encarnacion doubles with two men on, Bautista to 3B and Melky Cabrera scores
Jays score (Jays lead 8-2): Adam Lind singles on a ground ball deflected by the pitcher, Bautista scores
Jays score (Jays lead 9-2): Brett Lawrie doubles to right, Encarnacion scores (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27115187&c_id=mlb)

Bottom of the 7th:
Jays score (Jays lead 10-2): Melky Cabrera doubles to right, Bonifacio scores from 1st

Top of the 8th:
Giants score (Jays lead 10-3): Brandon Belt doubles off the left field wall, Hunter Pence scores (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27117007&c_id=mlb)

Top of the 9th:
Giants score (Jays lead 10-6): Pablo Sandoval hits a 3 run jack off of Brad Lincoln, Andres Torres and Marco Scutaro plate

Box Scores:
http://i.imgur.com/km0GMrv.png
http://i.imgur.com/Te0n7Ep.png

digiblader
05-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Bet Lincoln gets optioned for an OF(Sierra?) after this outing.

Aristotles-Bumhole
05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Good to see we scored all those runs without the help of a hr

OtisNixonFan
05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Man this felt great. Crossing my fingers for the Melkman's MRI tomorrow. Great to see Bonifacio continue to contribute.

bzapple
05-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Solid approach from the bats tonight, but I hope they save some offense for tomorrow. Something tells me Ortiz isn't going to fluke his way into another 5 inning, 1 run outing.

G-Snarls
05-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Solid approach from the bats tonight, but I hope they save some offense for tomorrow. Something tells me Ortiz isn't going to fluke his way into another 5 inning, 1 run outing.

Xactly

Chappy
05-14-2013, 10:45 PM

It might be one of those games we need to offense to take control of early.

Caper
05-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Peter from St. Catharines live on the blue jays talk.... lots of important stuff to say..... like Blair's new book.

magits
05-14-2013, 10:49 PM
I thought Dickey was actually really good tonight. His knuckler was a bit harder, and his k's were up.

oakville69
05-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Bet Lincoln gets optioned for an OF(Sierra?) after this outing.

That would make sense if they want to give Melky a day 2 day rest or DL Melky & bring up Sierra.

Wilner said stroman may be with the team in June as a starter which I find interesting.

oakville69
05-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Man this felt great. Crossing my fingers for the Melkman's MRI tomorrow. Great to see Bonifacio continue to contribute.

Yes. Bonifacio has come around with the bat the last few games. I still don't trust him in the OF or INF.

Arkadium
05-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Nice win boys!

LGBJ29
05-14-2013, 10:54 PM
That would make sense if they want to give Melky a day 2 day rest or DL Melky & bring up Sierra.

Wilner said stroman may be with the team in June as a starter which I find interesting.

purely opinion based

Chappy
05-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Wilner isn't really in the loop, it's pretty obvious. It's just opinion.

Caper
05-14-2013, 11:05 PM
purely opinion based

I think that is a pretty informed opinion... I can definitely see that happening.

o2cui2i
05-14-2013, 11:18 PM
we won and nothing else matters....

until first pitch tomorrow and then it's on again!

John_Havok
05-14-2013, 11:19 PM
My favourite part of this game was the complete "wtf were you doing?" Look that gibbons had after maicer was thrown out stealing 3rd.

o2cui2i
05-14-2013, 11:21 PM
My favourite part of this game was the complete "wtf were you doing?" Look that gibbons had after maicer was thrown out stealing 3rd.

I'd like to know what the answer to "did you go on your own?" that Gibbons asked him was. no way Izturis has the green light.

o2cui2i
05-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Not really, Stroman has been stretched out in extended ST....and he's to join the rotation with the Cats in a few days, he's an option as a starter as will be McGowan. This was the Jays plan all along. They said it in the off-season.

there will be a hard on alert when stroman starts lighting things up. electric personality with electric stuff. he and Lawrie in the same dugout will be interesting.

GD
05-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Stroman's slider is fap-worthy, and his FB is pretty damn sweet as well.

SAAviour
05-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Good decision by AA to push morrow to the Yankees series, with off day Thursday we can burn the bullpen tommorow and sweep this mini series. 3 innings from our starter, then hand it to the pen.

Things are turning, I'm a little upset with myself for writing this season off...getting the feeling things could turn out alright!

o2cui2i
05-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Stroman's slider is fap-worthy, and his FB is pretty damn sweet as well.

he will be in jays jersey by the all star break if everything goes well getting him stretched out again. maybe they can trade JJ at the deadline if Stroman and Hutch can get into the rotation.

SirBJay
05-15-2013, 01:23 AM
melky is the best hitter on toronto, not a good message for children after the PEDs

Has anyone said you're an idiot yet?

EdelweissBouquet
05-15-2013, 03:21 AM
Why are you so negative ?

declan_44
05-15-2013, 05:45 AM
I was really pleased with jose today. I like to see him draw those walks and not always swing for the fences.

GD
05-15-2013, 07:31 AM
he will be in jays jersey by the all star break if everything goes well getting him stretched out again. maybe they can trade JJ at the deadline if Stroman and Hutch can get into the rotation.

This is probably my best case scenario. Hell, if we're still dealing with injuries, maybe Drabek and Nolin will be ready by then.

DAMN that would be a young rotation.

Has anyone said you're an idiot yet?

I have. Many, many times.

Figgy1R22R
05-15-2013, 08:35 AM
I wish we could just talk baseball and all get along.

HERPDERP
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
So it seems my pre-season prediction that DeRosa would rake was correct. The guy's wrist has fully healed and in ST he showed good pop. I think he certainly deserves more than a bench role - if anything, at least a platoon role. Moving forward we may see less of Boni/Izzy and more of DeRosa.

Lincoln continues to shit the bed, which is depressing cause last year he was NAILS for Pittsburgh. The guy has pretty nasty stuff but it seems his fastball is just straight. I'm thinking as soon as McGowan is ready Lincoln will go down. If Rogers continues to shit the bed too, I wonder if we'll see a guy like Stroman (if he doesn't get a rotation spot)

HERPDERP
05-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Relevant .gif on Zito's performance

http://gamereax.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/zitorasmus.gif

IBTrini
05-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Solid approach from the bats tonight...

It seems as if the Jays approach at the plate has changed over the last couple of games. Everyone is not trying to yank the ball over the fence and are actually going with where the pitch is being thrown - Pitches outside the plate are either being laid off (more patience) or being hit to the opposite field or up the middle. Is there a link where I can see this sort of information? Thanks.

IBTrini
05-15-2013, 09:16 AM
I thought Dickey was actually really good tonight. His knuckler was a bit harder, and his k's were up.

He had a good outing which was great to see. I think Dickey should start treating his nails with a nail hardener solution since his nails seem to be an important factor in the type of pitch he throws.

IBTrini
05-15-2013, 09:21 AM

I also laughed when I saw Gibbons expression - Just wish I could have read lips to know what was really said. Anyway, Gibbons would not blow-up for something like that during the game however I feel certain he would certainly address a move like that some time before the next game.

HERPDERP
05-15-2013, 09:24 AM
BTW, I heard that if you get an MRI you need to rest for a day or two. If Melky gets his today, that means he's out for tonight? I guess Boni can play..

JugglingPitches
05-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Great game last night...hopefully they can keep it going tonight. Not sure with Ortiz on the mound though...

IBTrini
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I was really pleased with jose today. I like to see him draw those walks and not always swing for the fences.

When he settles back into his patient role at the plate his presence will become even more valuable cuz he has protection behind him. Pitchers will come to him rather than try to get him to swing at anything outside the zone knowing not doing so will only lead to putting on a base-runner for Encarnacion.

ElNik2013
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Not really, Stroman has been stretched out in extended ST....and he's to join the rotation with the Cats in a few days, he's an option as a starter as will be McGowan. This was the Jays plan all along. They said it in the off-season.

Agreed on Stroman, not sure McGowan will be a starting option because he only pitched 1 inning on his debut. After being in EXST throughout April and even having pitched in ST with the Jays, don't you think he would've started the game? Regardless, great to see him pitching again, if he can start, then great, but he would also seem like a faptastic option out of the bullpen.

I would also add that Stilson isn't being mentioned as much as he should. He's been moved to the BP and this is where most saw him at the time he was drafted given his the injury concerns. So I think Stilson and Carreno replace Stroman in terms of being viewed as bullpen options with Stroman starting. If Nolin continues to progress and Stroman pitches well as a starter, then you add Hutchison and you may have 2-3 options for next year and possibly a couple of starts this year instead of the Ortizes of the world.

IBTrini
05-15-2013, 09:58 AM
I wish we could just talk baseball and all get along.

This is really tame compared to the previous board. I just hope people on this new board can put aside their inflated egos while responding with accurate information so new-comers can use this as an opportunity to become more baseball savvy. If something seems too silly they should try to just ignore it rather than get into pissing matches thereby hijacking threads or making the place become unbearable. Only time will tell so I am just hoping for the best.

HERPDERP
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
This is really tame compared to the previous board. I just hope people on this new board can put aside their inflated egos while responding with accurate information so new-comers can use this as an opportunity to become more baseball savvy. If something seems too silly they should try to just ignore it rather than get into pissing matches thereby hijacking threads or making the place become unbearable. Only time will tell so I am just hoping for the best.

tell that to ecjf, that guy is literally a gm

where the fuck is dinger anyways

eastcoastjaysfan
05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
tell that to ecjf, that guy is literally a gm

where the fuck is dinger anyways

lol What did I say that offended you

GD
05-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Why would one need to rest after an MRI? I had mine on my wrist and was completely fine.