PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Morrow

Arkadium
05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
What's the consensus with this guy? Will he ever put it all together? He was on the right path last year before he got injured. And of course we've all witnessed some of his stellar performances over the years.

Seems like he's throwing his FB over the middle and players are squaring it up. Not sure why it's taking him so long to realize he needs to keep his pitches down (and out of the zone)... sometimes it seems like he thinks he's invulnerable.

When he throws his off-speed stuff they seem to have a no chance.

Also is it a good or bad sign that Morrow went full-out rage mode in the dugout today?

Deadpool
05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
He has some very, very good pitches. He's got the potential to be a "Josh Johnson when not hurt or maybe AJ Burnett on a good day" kind of pitcher... He needs to put it together, and I don't think anyone here or anywhere else could possibly tell if he will ever put it together.

He's got the talent to be a top 5 pitcher in baseball... but we've not seen that over any extended period of time.

To answer your question, uhh... look over there! *runs off*

Metallijay
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
He is 30, he is what he is, an up and down, inconsistent from game to game. even inning to inning. He is not going to change now. It takes a lot more then good stuff to be a great pitcher, he doesn't have it.

Arkadium
05-23-2013, 10:22 PM
He has some very, very good pitches. He's got the potential to be a "Josh Johnson when not hurt or maybe AJ Burnett on a good day" kind of pitcher... He needs to put it together, and I don't think anyone here or anywhere else could possibly tell if he will ever put it together.

He's got the talent to be a top 5 pitcher in baseball... but we've not seen that over any extended period of time.

To answer your question, uhh... look over there! *runs off*

OK.

P.S.> Meet any more girls online lately?

Fearthedoc
I think we can all agree that whatever he is, he's well past the point of being any kind of liability. He's a pretty good bet to eclipse 3 wins each year, which adds surplus value given his annual salary.

Arkadium
He is 30, he is what he is, an up and down, inconsistent from game to game. even inning to inning. He is not going to change now. It takes a lot more then good stuff to be a great pitcher, he doesn't have it.

More or less true it seems.

bzapple
05-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Still think he's a solid 2/3 starter. Can't say the low strikeout rate isn't a little concerning, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with his stuff, just his command. I think at some point he'll have a stretch where he strings together three or four excellent starts in a row, and overall finish the year with a mid 3's ERA, and K/9 over 8.

Nothing is really going right with our starters right now but at this point I'm still willing to wait it out.

OtisNixonFan
05-23-2013, 10:27 PM
OK.

Better to meet a girl on the net then to not meet them at all. Show a bit of class.

Angrioter
05-23-2013, 10:28 PM

He's 28
He jus need to make some adjustments.

OtisNixonFan
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
He's 28

I think it's quite simple. He needs to pound the lower half, preferably while mixing in a healthy dose of junk to keep everyone honest. Whether he has the confidence and composure to do this, we'll see.

GD
05-23-2013, 10:34 PM
If he can remember how to get K's, he'll be fine.

Deadpool
05-23-2013, 11:37 PM
OK.

I have met many girls, both on and offline... They're uniformly terrible human beings, and in a just world they'd all be eliminated from the gene pool... But thanks for asking.

Deadpool
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
OK.

Also, if you'd like to continue to be a sarcastic little bitch, I'd be happy to meet you offline, and beat you to within an inch of your life. :)

GD
05-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Who needs women when baseball and delivered food exists?

That might have been ever so slightly sexist lol

Clownthopoulos
05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
morrow is bothering me, i always liked him up until now
hes 30 and not improving as well as hes owed 40mil
i think the league trade is bad for us now, because we wouldnt have given league that much money that we are burdened with morrow

also has BTS gone full troll?
aggravating misunderstood users
mods i think i ban is in place for him

Deadpool
05-24-2013, 12:00 AM

That might have been ever so slightly sexist lol

I think you got drawn into a conversation about which the context was unclear. Some jagoff is goading me over my ex and some who know me were supplying a measure of support. It's alright buddy, you seem like good people and eventually focus will be achieved by all

SAAviour
05-24-2013, 12:01 AM

Not sure what his age is, but I agree with this. He's been around long enough now that he is what he is. He might mix in one really good career year, but he'll likely frustrate us for the next few years.

Or he'll find his way to the Yankees and turn into roger Clemens.

Deadpool
05-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Not sure what his age is, but I agree with this. He's been around long enough now that he is what he is. He might mix in one really good career year, but he'll likely frustrate us for the next few years.

Or he'll find his way to the Yankees and turn into roger Clemens.

Yes... Steroids would help...

GD
05-24-2013, 12:05 AM
I think you got drawn into a conversation about which the context was unclear. Some jagoff is goading me over my ex and some who know me were supplying a measure of support. It's alright buddy, you seem like good people and eventually focus will be achieved by all

I read about what happened to you and made a poorly-thought-out joke to try and lighten the mood or something, probably not the smartest thing.

Deadpool
05-24-2013, 12:09 AM
I read about what happened to you and made a poorly-thought-out joke to try and lighten the mood or something, probably not the smartest thing.

It's alright man.. I'm drunk as fuck, so I'm probably not really reading anything properly at this point.

BlueJayWay
05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I've never really been on the Morrow train. Just something about him seems like he's always going to be too Jekyll and Hyde to be one of the top pitchers in the league.

Metallijay
05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
He's 28

Nah, he is who he is now, pitchers are not like hitters and they don't normally turn it around all of a sudden at near 30. He is what he always has been. Expecting more is futile.

kcjaysfan
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM

There's this activity called sex. It's quite rather enjoyable. You should look into it. :D

torontofan
05-24-2013, 12:03 PM

He is 28.

Metallijay
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
He is 28.

Irrelevant, point still stands. He is what he is at this point.

dineke
05-24-2013, 12:36 PM
There's this activity called sex. It's quite rather enjoyable. You should look into it. :D

Yep... but I wish you didn't have to cuddle after, and then see her in the morning.

Metallijay
05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Yep... but I wish you didn't have to cuddle after, and then see her in the morning.

lol, women, can't live with them, can't live without them. truest statement ever.

GD
05-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Irrelevant, point still stands. He is what he is at this point.

How the fuck is that irrelevant? And don't you think 3 very very good seasons in a row is more important data than a set of shitty starts?

Metallijay
05-24-2013, 01:51 PM
How the fuck is that irrelevant? And don't you think 3 very very good seasons in a row is more important data than a set of shitty starts?

You're clearly have zero baseball knowledge. Morrow is never going to be better then a .500 pitcher who is inconsistent, period. He has been in the league too long, he is at his peak, which has been middle of the rotation guy at best. Look at his career, it is who is is. if you want to put blinders on good for you. People with baseball know how know what you get with morrow.

By your logic only the good starts count and the bad ones don't? Baseball for dummies is not a place to learn baseball. He will never be consistent enough with his stuff to be any better then average.

Dude
05-24-2013, 01:57 PM
You're clearly have zero baseball knowledge. Morrow is never going to be better then a .500 pitcher who is inconsistent, period. He has been in the league too long, he is at his peak, which has been middle of the rotation guy at best. Look at his career, it is who is is. if you want to put blinders on good for you. People with baseball know how know what you get with morrow.

By your logic only the good starts count and the bad ones don't? Baseball for dummies is not a place to learn baseball. He will never be consistent enough with his stuff to be any better then average.

No he didn't just say that...

http://i.minus.com/iIF5akHyOBE80.gif

In all fairness he me did mention his last 3 seasons and you're making a lot of absolute statements there...mixed in with some insults.

kcjaysfan
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM

It's really not that bad. With my lady friend, the post-sex cuddles and waking up next to her often lead to more sex. And I'm definitely not going to complain when I wake up to her going down on me.

sachmo55
05-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Brandon Morrow just doesnt make sense anymore

K rates keep dropping but have his velocity is unchanged

I think Im going to having to resort to blaming JPA

Dude
05-24-2013, 02:12 PM

So brave.....

(I agree)

I wonder what the Jays starters say among themselves about JP. If there's a legit lack of trust or confidence. Or it could simply be a scapegoat for our starters inability to perform close to expectations. Aaannnnd then there's injuries.

Fearthedoc
05-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Can you guys stop hijacking this thread with Morrow discussion? Thank you. Okay back to women and sex we go.

dineke
05-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Can you guys stop hijacking this thread with Morrow discussion? Thank you. Okay back to women and sex we go.

Agreed... time to right the ship.

http://cbskroq2.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/listener-the-chloe-lamb.jpg

Boxcar
05-24-2013, 03:39 PM
you're clearly have zero baseball knowledge. Morrow is never going to be better then a .500 pitcher who is inconsistent, period. He has been in the league too long, he is at his peak, which has been middle of the rotation guy at best. Look at his career, it is who is is. If you want to put blinders on good for you. People with baseball know how know what you get with morrow.

fiev hoondred peetchur derp

Arkadium
05-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Also, if you'd like to continue to be a sarcastic little bitch, I'd be happy to meet you offline, and beat you to within an inch of your life. :)

I'm sure you would try and "beat me".... since you don't like girls now, I just figured that's the path you'd take. :O

P.S.> Not all girls are bitches!

GD
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM

You're a fascinating specimen. When you pass, we must study your brain.

When in doubt, blame Arencibia. It's fool proof.

GD
05-24-2013, 05:34 PM
P.S.> Not all girls are bitches!

Not all, just the majority.

Arkadium
05-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Not all, just the majority.

Yeah, probably... 60%... depending on your definition of "bitch"....

GD
05-24-2013, 05:46 PM

I'd put it at 70%.

dineke
05-24-2013, 06:09 PM

99% of everyone are either bitches or assholes, I'm in the 1%.

Metallijay
05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
fiev hoondred peetchur derp

Sure sign of lack of IQ and argument, resort to childish name calling.

Boxcar
05-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Sure sign of lack of IQ and argument, resort to childish name calling.

You're clearly have zero baseball knowledge.

I agree, it is a sure sign indeed. Good thing I didn't call you any names!

Jays
05-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Oops wrong thread. uh... go morrow

cesarb182
05-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Girls are good for 3 things: cooking, cleaning and VAGINAS!!!

CHRIS
05-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Let me guess, you're single.

wilko
05-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Let me guess, you're single.

He's smart.

dineke
05-24-2013, 11:28 PM

I'd rather order take-out.