Page 136 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,176 of 2965

Thread: The TV Show Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    So who watched the first episode of Pitch?
    What's her WAR?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 667 Posts
    So who watched the first episode of Pitch?
    I've already watched the whole first season. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wL..._channel=Pitch

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 43211234 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (09-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,084 Times in 6,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post
    I've already watched the whole first season. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wL..._channel=Pitch
    lol...asshole.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,046 Times in 5,020 Posts
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-sept-22-2016/

poop. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I'd turn it on and mute in the background if I had cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    lol...asshole.
    What? It had a beginning, middle and an end.

I'm pretty sure that trailer shows 90% of what happens in the season.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 43211234 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (09-23-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-sept-22-2016/

poop. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I'd turn it on and mute in the background if I had cable.
    Wait, why would FOX put it up against a big mid-week sports event like Thursday Night Football?

I guess maybe they wanted to air it on Mondays or Thursday as they are the only nights with some off-days in the MLB and had to choose to go against MNF or TNF.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post
    Wait, why would FOX put it up against a big mid-week sports event like Thursday Night Football?

I guess maybe they wanted to air it on Mondays or Thursday as they are the only nights with some off-days in the MLB and had to choose to go against MNF or TNF.
    Patriarchy. This show goes against their desired society.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,288 Times in 6,029 Posts
    Spoiler

They didn't show any hint of her taking an at bat, though that might be planned for future episodes (or not).

The actual pitching was really cheesy and predictable, she asked to leave her first start after throwing 10 pitches (all balls), multiple wild pitches saying she couldn't do it. Then after her start, everyone was questioning "Can she do it? Is she going to get sent down?". Of course, she didn't get sent down, and made her next start which started exactly like the first one. The catcher (portrayed as a dbag) came out to talk to her and give some inspiring speech, and after that she was suddenly able to throw strikes and made it through 7 or so innings. And all her pitches were straight as an arrow and 80-85 MPH.

There was also a side story line where it appeared like her dad was at her every game but it was just her imagination since they showed him dying in a car accident at the end of the episode when she was in high school.

I have no idea where they are going to take the show from here.

Also I watched the first episode here after it aired. Make sure you have adblock http://vidto.me/b1mbb1nelylk.html

Thanks
    Spoiler

They didn't show any hint of her taking an at bat, though that might be planned for future episodes (or not).

The actual pitching was really cheesy and predictable, she asked to leave her first start after throwing 10 pitches (all balls), multiple wild pitches saying she couldn't do it. Then after her start, everyone was questioning "Can she do it? Is she going to get sent down?". Of course, she didn't get sent down, and made her next start which started exactly like the first one. The catcher (portrayed as a dbag) came out to talk to her and give some inspiring speech, and after that she was suddenly able to throw strikes and made it through 7 or so innings. And all her pitches were straight as an arrow and 80-85 MPH.

There was also a side story line where it appeared like her dad was at her every game but it was just her imagination since they showed him dying in a car accident at the end of the episode when she was in high school.

I have no idea where they are going to take the show from here.

Also I watched the first episode here after it aired. Make sure you have adblock http://vidto.me/b1mbb1nelylk.html
    4 minutes in and it's already annoying me. There's crowds of people waiting for her like a red carpet or something? lmao.

OOOOH a "it's the current year!" almost seven minutes in. The chick playing Ginny is pretty good though.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    4 minutes in and it's already annoying me. There's crowds of people waiting for her like a red carpet or something? lmao.

OOOOH a "it's the current year!" almost seven minutes in. The chick playing Ginny is pretty good though.
    The show portrays her as the biggest news story of all time.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,874 Times in 7,683 Posts
    Is it even feasible that a woman throws a baseball 80+ mph?
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 2,963 Posts

To be fair, a girl making her MLB debut (assuming that's what's happening) would be a really big deal, for a lot of reasons that go beyond the patriarchy and whatever other bullshit the feminists would conjure up for a woman not being able to compete before.

I'm more interested in the likely awful baseball narrative, where pitches look better than they should, MLB hitters look unreasonably overmatched, or like King said being able to fix control following an inspirational speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    The show portrays her as the biggest news story of all time.
    yeah just finished. I liked when she struck a guy out with a straight 80 mph fastball, and her screwball looked terrible.

I don't see the appeal. not believable for even a moderate fan and too baseball centric for feminists. Pretty crap show tbh.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    To be fair, a girl making her MLB debut (assuming that's what's happening) would be a really big deal, for a lot of reasons that go beyond the patriarchy and whatever other bullshit the feminists would conjure up for a woman not being able to compete before.

I'm more interested in the likely awful baseball narrative, where pitches look better than they should, MLB hitters look unreasonably overmatched, or like King said being able to fix control following an inspirational speech.
    Oh, I know, it's the way she got out and it was like the oscars or something. Fans don't wait for players to pull up to the stadium before a game.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    After her first start where she asked to leave, she went back to her hotel room in an emotional breakdown. Her "not alive" dad came to visit her where she lost it on him for making her play baseball when she was younger, all the work he put her through etc. And put the blame on him for putting her through all that. Calling herself a baseball robot.

I don't know if they were going for the abusive, sports obsessed, "Make it to the MLB"" father plot, none of the flashbacks were really "abuse" though they could be portrayed that way if you squint hard enough. It came off to me as she doesn't actually enjoy playing baseball, I don't know why the show would portray her like this, since it would seemingly just add to "females don't like baseball" which is what the show is trying to get the opposite meaning of.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,858 Times in 4,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Is it even feasible that a woman throws a baseball 80+ mph?
    80 maybe, 85 seems extremely unlikely unless she's taking rampant amounts of PEDs.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

GD (09-23-2016)