NYM
    Preview
    8:00 PM ET
Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 LastLast
Results 2,705 to 2,720 of 2747

Thread: The TV Show Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 Times in 1,004 Posts
    Anybody see the new Prison Break yet? I haven't had a chance.
    Loved the first season, and then it went downhill pretty fast. Don't see how they could make this good again, but I'll check it out anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,845 Posts
    Took me a long time to really enjoy it. Its hard to live up to Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is rocking it this season thus far.

Gus Fring and La Pollos Hermanos is back tying the prequel together with BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Trump's existence as POTUS helps keeps balance on this message board.

Thanks
    Hate to admit it, but I'm really enjoying Riverdale.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Took me a long time to really enjoy it. Its hard to live up to Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is rocking it this season thus far.

I've only seen the 1st episode of this season so far, and I thought it was still too slow (wasn't a fan of the second season pacing at all), so I'm hoping your recommendation means it gets better.

Thanks
    Fargo season 3 started with a bang, what an amazing show. I emplore anyone who enjoyed the movie or the Cohen brothers work in general to binge watch this show. It definitely makes my top 10 of all-time shows list.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maahfaace For This Useful Post:

BigCecil (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,669 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I'm not surprised given the way your taste skew. I have to admit I'm enjoying it too. It's not great by any stretch. The dialogue can be pretty bad, the depiction of high school life is pure Hollywood nonsense and some episode feel like throw aways but the overall narrative is compelling and it does hooks you in despite a not particularly promising start to the season. It also, critically, has nothing to do with Archie comics. That's just a highly effective Trojan horse for the CW to hook in people outside it's usual demographics. The real inspiration here isn't Archie comics but Veronica Mars. It's the same mix of high school drama, family drama and murder mystery. The characters aren't nearly as interesting, and the high school stuff is infinitely weaker but the murder mystery aspect (at least so far) is on par and many years later the basic Veronica Mars formula still clearly works and makes for compelling television even when it's not executed as well. The main caveat is that we still don't know how the plot will resolve itself and a disappointing resolution to the overall mystery could really sink the overall impression of the show. Veronica Mars Season Two had a weak mystery but it did everything else so well that it was still a very good if imperfect follow up to season 1. Riverdale isn't quite strong enough to hold up if the mystery aspect falls apart.
    "When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, dinosaurs they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out." - Mookie Wilson

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    I've only seen the 1st episode of this season so far, and I thought it was still too slow (wasn't a fan of the second season pacing at all), so I'm hoping your recommendation means it gets better.
    I feel the same about it on the pace and almost quit watching it. But the acting is so good and so much of it is well written its good to see some impact characters back to liven it up moreso. Saul is less cartoonish still but the plot of his back story is coming together.

Thanks
    Watched the 7 episodes of "Big Little Lies" with my wife on HBO. Did it out of duty to "watch something together".

Thought I would hate it but ended up liking it....my viewing was enhanced by thoughts of pounding milfs like Nicole Kidman and Reece Witherspoon's characters. The music was great in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 826 Posts
    It's reminds me a lot of the show pretty little liars. A plot driven show that's probably going to get dragged out for 5-7 seasons before they finally reveal a lackluster end to the show
    #FireCasey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    It's reminds me a lot of the show pretty little liars. A plot driven show that's probably going to get dragged out for 5-7 seasons before they finally reveal a lackluster end to the show
    Yeah, if they don't reveal who killed Jason Blossom by the end of season one, I'm done. I'm not going to wait six season to find out who "A" is.
    And I better see Jughead eating a god-damned pyramid of cheeseburgers soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,029 Times in 5,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Fargo season 3 started with a bang, what an amazing show. I emplore anyone who enjoyed the movie or the Cohen brothers work in general to binge watch this show. It definitely makes my top 10 of all-time shows list.
    Really... that's on my list. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post

It was a bit of a slow burn to begin with for sure but I'm really digging this show now as well. Mike may be the world's most bad ass Grandpa!

The scene where we saw Gus for the first time was so incredibly well done.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Pitch cancelled by Fox and people are upset.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,319 Times in 4,561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Pitch cancelled by Fox and people are upset.
    Fox are SOOOO STOOOOOPID for caring about money! IIII liked Pitch and that's all that matters!! Fox hates women and black people!!!

lmfao. I have to say, we all called it a shitty premise that would appeal to no one but the most staunch intersectional feminists, but seeing it cancelled and the cancerous tears being cried makes me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    I liked Pitch, but was hoping it would be more of a show a family could watch, but instead they added to much sex and not enough baseball - making it unpalatable for children under 12. They tried to appeal to everyone, and in the process - appealed to very few.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts
    I liked Pitch, but was hoping it would be more of a show a family could watch, but instead they added to much sex and not enough baseball - making it unpalatable for children under 12. They tried to appeal to everyone, and in the process - appealed to very few.
    They should have targetted 8-14 year old girls to inspire them to play baseball or softball but instead they targetted the 35 year old pink haired feminists. Girl power!