Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,976 of 2993

Thread: The TV Show Thread

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,105 Posts
    The season premier of the X-Files starts tomorrow, just as a heads up for people.

Thanks
    The 8 episode Unabomber series on Netflix is shit, but got me interested in reading up on the case.... so thatís kind of a recommendation from me.

Thanks
    I've been getting into Shameless (the US version) on Netflix. I can only watch a few episodes at a time because it's too much horrible. Anyone watch the UK version? Thoughts on that?

Thanks
    The Confession Tapes on Netflix is pretty good (especially the first one). True crime with a focus on police interview techniques used to break a suspect.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bendera3 View Post
    I've been getting into Shameless (the US version) on Netflix. I can only watch a few episodes at a time because it's too much horrible. Anyone watch the UK version? Thoughts on that?
    Although Iíve never seen it, it was well received when it first came out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,229 Posts
    This is a really weird episode of the X-Files. I like it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    This is a really weird episode of the X-Files. I like it.
    is this new season any good?

MVP
    Thanks
    Very ... strange x-files episode this week.

Thanks
    "Mo'Nique is calling for a boycott of Netflix after the company allegedly offered her less money than Amy Schumer and Chris Rock for a comedy special.

Mo'Nique has posted numerous videos to Instagram discussing the alleged offer.

"Hey my loves, I am asking that you stand with me and boycott Neflix for gender bias and colour bias," Mo'Nique said on Instagram.

Netflix offered her less because that's how much the company believed she would bring to the service, Mo'Nique claims.

"We asked them 'what was it about Amy Schumer?' And they said 'well, she sold out Madison Square Garden twice and had a big movie over the summer.'"

Mo'Nique says the streaming service admitted she was a "legend" like Chris Rock and David Chappelle, but wasn't worth as much to them.

"Why shouldn't I get what the legends are getting? Please stand with me on this boycott of Netflix," she ended.
    "

Who the fuck is Mo'Nique?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

Abomination (01-25-2018),jays4life19 (01-25-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,436 Posts
    She's an actress who was stuck hosting trash TV like Flavor of Love Girls Charm School. Then she played a role in Precious and won a fuck ton of awards including an Oscar. Ever since, she's been a HUGE diva. Her husband is her manager and the two of them are basically impossible to work with. There is actually some good material out there on how awful she has become and her fall from grace. Even black Hollywood Titans like Lee Daniels and Tyler Perry have distanced themselves from her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (01-25-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bones10 View Post
    is this new season any good?
    I've been enjoying it, but I'm admittedly not as picky as most seem to be. I think the first episode was the weakest, but I've liked the next three.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    "Mo'Nique is calling for a boycott of Netflix after the company allegedly offered her less money than Amy Schumer and Chris Rock for a comedy special.

Mo'Nique has posted numerous videos to Instagram discussing the alleged offer.

"Hey my loves, I am asking that you stand with me and boycott Neflix for gender bias and colour bias," Mo'Nique said on Instagram.

Netflix offered her less because that's how much the company believed she would bring to the service, Mo'Nique claims.

"We asked them 'what was it about Amy Schumer?' And they said 'well, she sold out Madison Square Garden twice and had a big movie over the summer.'"

Mo'Nique says the streaming service admitted she was a "legend" like Chris Rock and David Chappelle, but wasn't worth as much to them.

"Why shouldn't I get what the legends are getting? Please stand with me on this boycott of Netflix," she ended.
    "

Who the fuck is Mo'Nique?
    lol this is killing me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vdubmvp For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-25-2018)

Thanks
    Am I the only one obsessed with Border Security?

Thanks
    Star Trek Discovery needs to improve soon, the mirror universe episodes have been poor so far IMO.

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Star Trek Discovery needs to improve soon, the mirror universe episodes have been poor so far IMO.
    Yeah, not a fan of the mirror universe stuff. They've tried to make it a general science fiction series that happens to be set in a Star Trek universe imo, and it isn't working too well. What makes Star Trek great imo is (trying) to rise above the current problems in our society, the introduction of future (but scientifically realistic, not absurd ... looking at you spore drive) technology, and mostly encapsulated episodes rather than story arcs.

Can all these shows please stop with the mirror universes / time traveling / prequels / etc? Give me TNG 2.0 please and thank you.

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    Am I the only one obsessed with Border Security?
    It's kind of cool to watch, but there aren't many new episodes. There are three or four of the different series with it I think.