Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,976 of 2993

Thread: The TV Show Thread

  1. #2961
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,313
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,105 Posts
    The season premier of the X-Files starts tomorrow, just as a heads up for people.

  2. #2962
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,550
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 676 Times in 468 Posts
    The 8 episode Unabomber series on Netflix is shit, but got me interested in reading up on the case.... so thatís kind of a recommendation from me.

  3. #2963
    Blue Chip Prospect bendera3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,303
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 319 Times in 195 Posts
    I've been getting into Shameless (the US version) on Netflix. I can only watch a few episodes at a time because it's too much horrible. Anyone watch the UK version? Thoughts on that?

  4. #2964
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,550
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 676 Times in 468 Posts
    The Confession Tapes on Netflix is pretty good (especially the first one). True crime with a focus on police interview techniques used to break a suspect.

  5. #2965
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,550
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 676 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bendera3 View Post
    I've been getting into Shameless (the US version) on Netflix. I can only watch a few episodes at a time because it's too much horrible. Anyone watch the UK version? Thoughts on that?
    Although Iíve never seen it, it was well received when it first came out.

  6. #2966
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    5,007
    Thanks
    800
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,229 Posts
    This is a really weird episode of the X-Files. I like it.

  7. #2967
    Big Leaguer bones10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,051
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 279 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    This is a really weird episode of the X-Files. I like it.
    is this new season any good?

  8. #2968
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,313
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Very ... strange x-files episode this week.

  9. #2969
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,550
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 676 Times in 468 Posts
    "Mo'Nique is calling for a boycott of Netflix after the company allegedly offered her less money than Amy Schumer and Chris Rock for a comedy special.

    Mo'Nique has posted numerous videos to Instagram discussing the alleged offer.

    "Hey my loves, I am asking that you stand with me and boycott Neflix for gender bias and colour bias," Mo'Nique said on Instagram.

    Netflix offered her less because that's how much the company believed she would bring to the service, Mo'Nique claims.

    "We asked them 'what was it about Amy Schumer?' And they said 'well, she sold out Madison Square Garden twice and had a big movie over the summer.'"

    Mo'Nique says the streaming service admitted she was a "legend" like Chris Rock and David Chappelle, but wasn't worth as much to them.

    "Why shouldn't I get what the legends are getting? Please stand with me on this boycott of Netflix," she ended.
    "


    Who the fuck is Mo'Nique?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

    Abomination (01-25-2018),jays4life19 (01-25-2018)

  11. #2970
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,321
    Thanks
    2,289
    Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,436 Posts
    She's an actress who was stuck hosting trash TV like Flavor of Love Girls Charm School. Then she played a role in Precious and won a fuck ton of awards including an Oscar. Ever since, she's been a HUGE diva. Her husband is her manager and the two of them are basically impossible to work with. There is actually some good material out there on how awful she has become and her fall from grace. Even black Hollywood Titans like Lee Daniels and Tyler Perry have distanced themselves from her.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Bobthe4th (01-25-2018)

  13. #2971
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    5,007
    Thanks
    800
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bones10 View Post
    is this new season any good?
    I've been enjoying it, but I'm admittedly not as picky as most seem to be. I think the first episode was the weakest, but I've liked the next three.

  14. #2972
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    5,007
    Thanks
    800
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    "Mo'Nique is calling for a boycott of Netflix after the company allegedly offered her less money than Amy Schumer and Chris Rock for a comedy special.

    Mo'Nique has posted numerous videos to Instagram discussing the alleged offer.

    "Hey my loves, I am asking that you stand with me and boycott Neflix for gender bias and colour bias," Mo'Nique said on Instagram.

    Netflix offered her less because that's how much the company believed she would bring to the service, Mo'Nique claims.

    "We asked them 'what was it about Amy Schumer?' And they said 'well, she sold out Madison Square Garden twice and had a big movie over the summer.'"

    Mo'Nique says the streaming service admitted she was a "legend" like Chris Rock and David Chappelle, but wasn't worth as much to them.

    "Why shouldn't I get what the legends are getting? Please stand with me on this boycott of Netflix," she ended.
    "


    Who the fuck is Mo'Nique?
    lol this is killing me.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to vdubmvp For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-25-2018)

  16. #2973
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    5,007
    Thanks
    800
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,229 Posts
    Am I the only one obsessed with Border Security?

  17. #2974
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,550
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 676 Times in 468 Posts
    Star Trek Discovery needs to improve soon, the mirror universe episodes have been poor so far IMO.

  18. #2975
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,313
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Star Trek Discovery needs to improve soon, the mirror universe episodes have been poor so far IMO.
    Yeah, not a fan of the mirror universe stuff. They've tried to make it a general science fiction series that happens to be set in a Star Trek universe imo, and it isn't working too well. What makes Star Trek great imo is (trying) to rise above the current problems in our society, the introduction of future (but scientifically realistic, not absurd ... looking at you spore drive) technology, and mostly encapsulated episodes rather than story arcs.

    Can all these shows please stop with the mirror universes / time traveling / prequels / etc? Give me TNG 2.0 please and thank you.

  19. #2976
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,313
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    Am I the only one obsessed with Border Security?
    It's kind of cool to watch, but there aren't many new episodes. There are three or four of the different series with it I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •