Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 158 of 190 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,513 to 2,528 of 3035

Thread: The TV Show Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Switching subjects Netflix recently released Cuba Libre on the history of that country dating back from its indigenous inhabitants to today.

I think its really well done. It doesn't portray a fanciful narrative of Castro or any other figure form their history. Castro and other revolutionaries emerge as the true enigmas that they are, with all their of their positives and major negatives.

The section about the mob influences on Batista I thought was a little weak. The whole Lansky and other mob control is debateable. While its historically accurate they had major interests, the scope of their control is intensely debated and this documentary portrays supposition and events as its fact.
    I'll have to give this a watch. thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,239 Times in 3,564 Posts
    RIP Alan Thicke.

Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    RIP Alan Thicke.

RIP... he was playing hockey with his son...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,918 Posts
    Rectify continues to be the best show nobody is watching. The Series finale after 4 seasons came out yesterday. Its won a ton of awards.

Aden Young as Daniel Holden is just brilliant. Its a slow paced and dark story about a man accused of raping and killing a girl, and then placed on death row, before being released because of DNA tests.

2 of the seasons are 6 episodes. One is 10 and the last is 8. Its not being renewed for a 5th.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,818 Times in 8,190 Posts
    Rectify continues to be the best show nobody is watching. The Series finale after 4 seasons came out yesterday. Its won a ton of awards.

Aden Young as Daniel Holden is just brilliant. Its a slow paced and dark story about a man accused of raping and killing a girl, and then placed on death row, before being released because of DNA tests.

2 of the seasons are 6 episodes. One is 10 and the last is 8. Its not being renewed for a 5th.
    I think I'll make this my next show. I like series that are already finished.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

Thanks
    Thanked 5,236 Times in 2,355 Posts

Thanks I got about 3 or 4 more episodes left to finish it up. It's so slow, I think the slowest show I've ever kept with this long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    Thanks I got about 3 or 4 more episodes left to finish it up. It's so slow, I think the slowest show I've ever kept with this long.
    I agree. I like "Rectify" because even though its slow, it still remains gripping due to the story line and great acting.

Its also a nice departure from all the other popcorn canned shit I watch in my desensitized stupor so I don't lose my mind from boredom doing cardio.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

Governator (12-15-2016)

Thanks
    So my favourite little show the past couple of years is called Alone on History Channel. If you haven't heard of it, 10 people get dropped off in different spots of the wilderness to survive alone and have to record everything themselves (Survivorman style). There is no camera crew or any other help for them, if they can't take it mentally or if they are starving or injured they basically make the call and tap out. The first 2 seasons were done on Vancouver island and the new season in Patagonia, a remote region near the bottom of South America. The person who survives the longest wins $500K.

They generally get a few really mature survivor experts that are mentally tough enough to do this and a bunch of wannabe survivalists/instructors who have tapped out as early as day 1. It's probably not everyone's choice for evening TV but I can't get enough of it. It's not your typical naked and afraid bs show.

Anyway, 2nd episode of season 3 aired last night, curious if anyone else is in to it?

Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just finished Mr. Robot season 2. That's a pretty awesome fucked up show.

Thanks
    White Rabbit Project is a pretty cool show on Netflix. Has the three side actors from Mythbusters.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JG34 View Post
    White Rabbit Project is a pretty cool show on Netflix. Has the three side actors from Mythbusters.
    The Asian, the white dude with weird facial hair and the hot redhead who is only hot because she's surrounded by gargoyles?

Thanks
    I agree. I like "Rectify" because even though its slow, it still remains gripping due to the story line and great acting.

Its also a nice departure from all the other popcorn canned shit I watch in my desensitized stupor so I don't lose my mind from boredom doing cardio.

Finally finished up the show. I think the acting was superb and I liked how every character involved was in emotional distress throughout and dealt with things differently. I guess I kind of wish there was more closure to the case itself, I mean I can read between the lines what happened based on several events but would have preferred it ending more direct. From what I gathered they cancelled the show prior to season 4 airing so it's possible writers were planning for a 5th season for that. A spin off would work well here too if they developed enough of a viewership.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Governator For This Useful Post:

BigCecil (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    Just finished Mr. Robot season 2. That's a pretty awesome fucked up show.
    I've seen a lot of comments on this show on here, and its gotten rave reviews. I have only the finale in season 2 left. I find this show incredibly well done and well acted. Its a resurrection of sorts for Christian Slater who has been god awful in everything for a long time. The way he talks about the establishment kind of reminds me of Boxy in the "politics" thread.

I like the show, but its convoluted (by design) and it takes concentration to watch. There are moments when I have no idea WTF is going on here now?! Its not a show that turns your brain off for entertainment. Not sure if I'll invest in watching season 3.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,856 Posts
    Did anybody watch The Good Place in the fall? I thought that was one of the best written comedies I've ever seen and on network TV to boot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 963 Posts
    Does anyone here watch the show community? I just hit the episode with the legend "Todd" in it. Found it pretty amusing
    #FireCasey

Thanks
    The Man in the High Castle is a pretty good show to check out. Just finished season 2.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TholesWeirdEye For This Useful Post:

Governator (01-10-2017)