SD 0
    Pre-Game
    10:15 PM ET
Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170
Results 2,705 to 2,716 of 2716

Thread: The TV Show Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 992 Posts
    Anybody see the new Prison Break yet? I haven't had a chance.
    Loved the first season, and then it went downhill pretty fast. Don't see how they could make this good again, but I'll check it out anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Took me a long time to really enjoy it. Its hard to live up to Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is rocking it this season thus far.

Gus Fring and La Pollos Hermanos is back tying the prequel together with BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Trump's existence as POTUS helps keeps balance on this message board.

Thanks
    Hate to admit it, but I'm really enjoying Riverdale.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Took me a long time to really enjoy it. Its hard to live up to Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is rocking it this season thus far.

I've only seen the 1st episode of this season so far, and I thought it was still too slow (wasn't a fan of the second season pacing at all), so I'm hoping your recommendation means it gets better.

Thanks
    Fargo season 3 started with a bang, what an amazing show. I emplore anyone who enjoyed the movie or the Cohen brothers work in general to binge watch this show. It definitely makes my top 10 of all-time shows list.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maahfaace For This Useful Post:

BigCecil (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,647 Times in 3,621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I'm not surprised given the way your taste skew. I have to admit I'm enjoying it too. It's not great by any stretch. The dialogue can be pretty bad, the depiction of high school life is pure Hollywood nonsense and some episode feel like throw aways but the overall narrative is compelling and it does hooks you in despite a not particularly promising start to the season. It also, critically, has nothing to do with Archie comics. That's just a highly effective Trojan horse for the CW to hook in people outside it's usual demographics. The real inspiration here isn't Archie comics but Veronica Mars. It's the same mix of high school drama, family drama and murder mystery. The characters aren't nearly as interesting, and the high school stuff is infinitely weaker but the murder mystery aspect (at least so far) is on par and many years later the basic Veronica Mars formula still clearly works and makes for compelling television even when it's not executed as well. The main caveat is that we still don't know how the plot will resolve itself and a disappointing resolution to the overall mystery could really sink the overall impression of the show. Veronica Mars Season Two had a weak mystery but it did everything else so well that it was still a very good if imperfect follow up to season 1. Riverdale isn't quite strong enough to hold up if the mystery aspect falls apart.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    I've only seen the 1st episode of this season so far, and I thought it was still too slow (wasn't a fan of the second season pacing at all), so I'm hoping your recommendation means it gets better.
    I feel the same about it on the pace and almost quit watching it. But the acting is so good and so much of it is well written its good to see some impact characters back to liven it up moreso. Saul is less cartoonish still but the plot of his back story is coming together.

Thanks
    Watched the 7 episodes of "Big Little Lies" with my wife on HBO. Did it out of duty to "watch something together".

Thought I would hate it but ended up liking it....my viewing was enhanced by thoughts of pounding milfs like Nicole Kidman and Reece Witherspoon's characters. The music was great in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    It's reminds me a lot of the show pretty little liars. A plot driven show that's probably going to get dragged out for 5-7 seasons before they finally reveal a lackluster end to the show
    #FireCasey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    It's reminds me a lot of the show pretty little liars. A plot driven show that's probably going to get dragged out for 5-7 seasons before they finally reveal a lackluster end to the show
    Yeah, if they don't reveal who killed Jason Blossom by the end of season one, I'm done. I'm not going to wait six season to find out who "A" is.
    And I better see Jughead eating a god-damned pyramid of cheeseburgers soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,837 Times in 5,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Fargo season 3 started with a bang, what an amazing show. I emplore anyone who enjoyed the movie or the Cohen brothers work in general to binge watch this show. It definitely makes my top 10 of all-time shows list.
    Really... that's on my list. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post

It was a bit of a slow burn to begin with for sure but I'm really digging this show now as well. Mike may be the world's most bad ass Grandpa!

The scene where we saw Gus for the first time was so incredibly well done.