• TB
    BAL
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    CHC
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    MIN
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • WSH
    CIN
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • BOS
    LAA
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • ATL
    MIL
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • NYY
    TEX
    Preview
    2:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    OAK
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • KC
    TOR
    Preview
    2:15 PM ET
  • SF
    NYM
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    COL
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    HOU
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • ARI
    PHI
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SD
    DET
    Preview
    4:40 PM ET
  • STL
    PIT
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 146

Thread: New Forum tips and hints, as well as your suggestions

  1. #1
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,468
    Thanks
    773
    Thanked 5,489 Times in 3,140 Posts

    New Forum tips and hints, as well as your suggestions

    I'm getting some navigation questions. Most can be found in Settings. The default setting is not to be sent an email notification when you get a PM or request. You might choose to change that one. You are only given 50 PM's so you might want to clear out your messages every so often. Also you can choose to not save your Sent messages as that counts in your totals.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,153
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 861 Times in 403 Posts
    Ask any other general questions here and we can answer as well.

  3. #3
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,340
    Thanks
    12,058
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 3,439 Posts
    I think the IL needs to be changed. A whole post to tell you that the post is from someone on your IL, as o2cui2i said, is pretty over the top. I wish it was just invisible.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    AA's Bandwagon
    Posts
    7,704
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,046 Posts
    Invisible IL would be ideal.

  5. #5
    All Star NorthOf49's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,742
    Thanks
    3,474
    Thanked 3,467 Times in 2,478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    I'm getting some navigation questions. Most can be found in Settings. The default setting is not to be sent an email notification when you get a PM or request. You might choose to change that one. You are only given 50 PM's so you might want to clear out your messages every so often. Also you can choose to not save your Sent messages as that counts in your totals.
    Not a big deal, but the "Load New Messages" feature from the old board's Chrome add-on was great. It allowed you to participate in high-volume threads like GDTs - continually refreshing and scrolling gets tedious.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,153
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 861 Times in 403 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFaS View Post
    One other thing, this board doesn't synchronize what posts you've seen from mobile to computer. Something I liked about the old forum.
    I'll see if I can find a fix for that. You're sure you were logged in, in both devices?

    Quote Originally Posted by JFaS View Post
    When you post a picture from a website it is large and doesn't have to be clicked to be seen, but when you upload a picture, it is small and people have to click on it. Any way to change this? Or am I doing it wrong?
    I'll look into that too, but I don't know if there's anything we can do about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by GordieDougie View Post
    I think the IL needs to be changed. A whole post to tell you that the post is from someone on your IL, as o2cui2i said, is pretty over the top. I wish it was just invisible.
    Geez, you guys have people on ignore already? lol
    I'll take a look, but I'm not too sure if it's possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthOf49 View Post
    Not a big deal, but the "Load New Messages" feature from the old board's Chrome add-on was great. It allowed you to participate in high-volume threads like GDTs - continually refreshing and scrolling gets tedious.
    What about "What's new" up top? Would that be close to what you want?

  7. #7
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,044
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GordieDougie View Post
    I think the IL needs to be changed. A whole post to tell you that the post is from someone on your IL, as o2cui2i said, is pretty over the top. I wish it was just invisible.
    You can easily do this with the Stylish addon if you're using Firefox (I'm sure there's something very similar with Chrome). I can let people know what to input to do it. Keep in mind you won't see any hint of the post ever existing though except for the post number skipping one.

  8. #8
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,340
    Thanks
    12,058
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 3,439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Geez, you guys have people on ignore already? lol
    I'll take a look, but I'm not too sure if it's possible.
    Lol, I can't fucking stand Raysjays. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    You can easily do this with the Stylish addon if you're using Firefox (I'm sure there's something very similar with Chrome). I can let people know what to input to do it. Keep in mind you won't see any hint of the post ever existing though except for the post number skipping one.
    I don't know if there's anything like that for Chrome.

  9. #9
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,044
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GordieDougie View Post
    I don't know if there's anything like that for Chrome.
    I just took a look, it's available for Chrome as well. Let me test it out and make sure I can repeat the steps easily.

  10. #10
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,340
    Thanks
    12,058
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 3,439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I just took a look, it's available for Chrome as well. Let me test it out and make sure I can repeat the steps easily.
    Alright, thanks for the help.

  11. #11
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,044
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Instructions for using Stylish to not display posts of ignored users (make sure you install the Stylish addon if you want to do this):

    There's very minor differences between the two, but nothing significant. For Chrome:


    1. Click on the Stylish icon (top right hand corner at least for me), and click "managed installed styles".
    2. On the left hand side of the screen, click on "Write New Style"
    3. Beside "Applies to", click "select", choose "urls on the domain", type in "www.bluejaysmessageboard.com", and click "add".
    4. Under the code section, type in ".postbitignored {display:none !important;}" (without the quotes, make sure you don't miss the "." before postbitignored).
    5. On the left hand side, type in a name for the style (I chose "bluejaysmessageboard"), select the option for "Enabled", and click "save".


    To toggle it on and off, just click on the Stylish button and choose enable/disable.

    For Firefox, the icon is likely in the bottom left corner:


    1. Click on the Stylish icon, and click "Write New Style", and select "For www.bluejaysmessageboard.com".
    2. Enter a name for the style (I chose "bluejaysmessageboard").
    3. Between the curly braces following the section that says @-moz-document domain("www.bluejaysmessageboard.com"), add in ".postbitignored {display:none !important;}" (without the quotes, make sure you don't miss the "." before postbitignored). Click "save".


    To toggle it on and off, just click the Stylish button and click on the style name.

  12. #12
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,662
    Thanks
    2,317
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 744 Posts
    That's fantastic! Thanks, Abomination.

  13. #13
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,340
    Thanks
    12,058
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 3,439 Posts
    Thanks, man! That's awesome!

  14. #14
    Blue Chip Prospect CHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,342
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 481 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFaS View Post
    Yes I was logged in in both. I had read a thread on my phone, then was on my laptop and clicked the arrow to view first unread post and it took me back to what I had already read on my phone. I tested it on different threads and each device is treated separately. Like it will go back to where I was on my phone in around baseball, even though I read more on my laptop and vice versa.
    I noticed the same thing on my mobile. Not a huge deal, but it was nice not having to use the brain so much to remember where I left off.

  15. #15
    MVP eastcoastjaysfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,221
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Develop an upvote/downvote for each post that keeps track of a poster's +/-

    At the end of the month end most upvoted poster can receive a badge and it'd be a good way for the mods to keep track of the terrible posters.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastjaysfan For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (05-19-2013)

  17. #16
    MVP eastcoastjaysfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,221
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,136 Posts
    I.e. Something similar to what reddit has.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •