Page 756 of 758 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758 LastLast
Results 12,081 to 12,096 of 12116

Thread: In The News Thread

  1. #12081
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,664
    Thanks
    2,046
    Thanked 7,759 Times in 4,836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Shaun King is a fucking moron.

    He was clearly talking about the early rehabilitation program used and that is allows men ( some good/some bad) to still contribute to society.

    King doesn't even know what his skin colour is so his confusion doesn't surprise me.

    The sheriff said "keep a few", but meant to say keep a few out of there, which is why he immediately corrected himself
    Thanks, that clears a lot of stuff up. Glad we have alarmists like SG here to let us all know what kind of outrage Shaun King is manufacturing.

    Side note, but every time I see a pic of him I fucking lol at how hard he tries to flare his nostrils to look more black. I wonder if that's his cue on "cheese" or something. Most people smile, but good old Talcum X puts all his focus into flaring his nostrils at the perfect moment.
    Last edited by Boxcar; 10-13-2017 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  2. #12082
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,153
    Thanks
    39,787
    Thanked 7,741 Times in 5,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

  3. #12083
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,664
    Thanks
    2,046
    Thanked 7,759 Times in 4,836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    So he snorted some coke, acted like an asshole, got fired and the lesson here is white privilege and racism...

    k...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  4. #12084
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,153
    Thanks
    39,787
    Thanked 7,741 Times in 5,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    So he snorted some coke, acted like an asshole, got fired and the lesson here is white privilege and racism...

    k...
    I wonder what these commentors and woman thought when Washington wasn't fired for doing some bumps, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

  5. #12085
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,390
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 932 Times in 711 Posts
    After initially supporting legislation to ban bump stock, surprise, surprise, the NRA is against it. Assholes.

  6. #12086
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,113
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    After initially supporting legislation to ban bump stock, surprise, surprise, the NRA is against it. Assholes.
    I haven't read the full bill, but it would ban bump stocks and any other accessories or after market parts that increase the rate of fire of semi auto guns. They'll obviously be needing to add language about what a base rate of fire is in order to make this work.

    Seems like a pretty basic common sense proposal that doesn't impact anyone's right to own weapons, so naturally the NRA would be against it. I'm sure the lanslide of fear mongering on the wording and trying to make it sound like they're trying to ban all semi auto weapons will begin shortly
    Last edited by John_Havok; 10-13-2017 at 12:48 PM.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  7. #12087
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,311
    Thanks
    579
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    After initially supporting legislation to ban bump stock, surprise, surprise, the NRA is against it. Assholes.
    I don't think the NRA was ever supporting legislation to ban them. I think they just wanted to add a couple token restrictions on who could buy them or something, that probably wasn't going to have any effect anyway. All it would do is make it seem like they were doing something, when they really weren't, so that a bigger ban bill wouldn't be brought forward.

  8. #12088
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,113
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    After initially supporting legislation to ban bump stock, surprise, surprise, the NRA is against it. Assholes.
    Also, I don't the NRA ever said they would support legislation, but they would support a federal review or something.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

    connorp (10-13-2017)

  10. #12089
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,390
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 932 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Also, I don't the NRA ever said they would support legislation, but they would support a federal review or something.
    NY Post, Oct 5, 2017

    “The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s CEO, and Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, in a joint statement.

    http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/nra-bac...used-in-vegas/

  11. #12090
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,664
    Thanks
    2,046
    Thanked 7,759 Times in 4,836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    NY Post, Oct 5, 2017

    “The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s CEO, and Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, in a joint statement.

    http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/nra-bac...used-in-vegas/
    Can you not read or something? There isn't even the faintest suggestion that they would support a ban.

    Also, are you guys and your NRA boogeyman serious? The NRA is an advocacy group, not a regulatory body. Responsible gun ownership is not among their concerns. Their only concern is that people buy guns and lots of them. They have no government power beyond the usual lobbying tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  12. #12091
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,113
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Can you not read or something? There isn't even the faintest suggestion that they would support a ban.

    Also, are you guys and your NRA boogeyman serious? The NRA is an advocacy group, not a regulatory body. Responsible gun ownership is not among their concerns. Their only concern is that people buy guns and lots of them. They have no government power beyond the usual lobbying tactics.
    Are you suggesting that lobby groups don't have power? That's pretty much the only reason there are lobby groups, is because they do exert power and influence over Senators, by stirring up fear amongst the population for whatever way they want votes to go towards their agenda.

    The NRA will actively campaign and spread propaganda that this bill is a ban on guns, not accessories, and people will believe them because they're stupid... and whine to their senator would then vote against it... blah blah blah.

    I'm fully aware the NRA is not a regulatory body, but their money talks.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  13. #12092
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,390
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 932 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Can you not read or something? There isn't even the faintest suggestion that they would support a ban.

    Also, are you guys and your NRA boogeyman serious? The NRA is an advocacy group, not a regulatory body. Responsible gun ownership is not among their concerns. Their only concern is that people buy guns and lots of them. They have no government power beyond the usual lobbying tactics.
    I'm well aware. Where did I imply otherwise??

    The NRA is a powerful lobbying group that also has plenty of influence on how people vote. They have political power, but of course they are not elected legislators.

    Have no idea how you keep comprehending something in what I write that isn't there. I understand you are having some issues, so its ok.

  14. #12093
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,634
    Thanks
    2,433
    Thanked 6,673 Times in 4,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    So he snorted some coke, acted like an asshole, got fired and the lesson here is white privilege and racism...

    k...
    So she's mad because she can't afford her own blow. What a fucking narc.

  15. #12094
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,213
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 429 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    I'm well aware. Where did I imply otherwise??

    The NRA is a powerful lobbying group that also has plenty of influence on how people vote. They have political power, but of course they are not elected legislators.

    Have no idea how you keep comprehending something in what I write that isn't there. I understand you are having some issues, so its ok.
    Boxy was clearly calling you out for once again taking a news article and twisting it into something it's not for shock value.
    They never once said they'd support a ban, nor did they imply it.
    They said they'd support some sort of regulation.

  16. #12095
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,664
    Thanks
    2,046
    Thanked 7,759 Times in 4,836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    After initially supporting legislation to ban bump stock, surprise, surprise, the NRA is against it. Assholes.
    Yeah, I guess I'm just misinterpreting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  17. #12096
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,664
    Thanks
    2,046
    Thanked 7,759 Times in 4,836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Are you suggesting that lobby groups don't have power? That's pretty much the only reason there are lobby groups, is because they do exert power and influence over Senators, by stirring up fear amongst the population for whatever way they want votes to go towards their agenda.

    The NRA will actively campaign and spread propaganda that this bill is a ban on guns, not accessories, and people will believe them because they're stupid... and whine to their senator would then vote against it... blah blah blah.

    I'm fully aware the NRA is not a regulatory body, but their money talks.
    No, I'm aware money talks. However, getting mad at the NRA is the wrong direction to take since their interests do not, in any way, line up with anything related to gun control. The people to go after are those who are under the influence of the NRA because they have an active interest in being re-elected
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •