Page 756 of 770 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766 ... LastLast
Results 12,081 to 12,096 of 12312

Thread: In The News Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Also, I don't the NRA ever said they would support legislation, but they would support a federal review or something.
    NY Post, Oct 5, 2017

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s CEO, and Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, in a joint statement.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/nra-bac...used-in-vegas/

Thanks
    Thanked 7,929 Times in 4,946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    NY Post, Oct 5, 2017

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s CEO, and Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, in a joint statement.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/nra-bac...used-in-vegas/
    Can you not read or something? There isn't even the faintest suggestion that they would support a ban.

Also, are you guys and your NRA boogeyman serious? The NRA is an advocacy group, not a regulatory body. Responsible gun ownership is not among their concerns. Their only concern is that people buy guns and lots of them. They have no government power beyond the usual lobbying tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Can you not read or something? There isn't even the faintest suggestion that they would support a ban.

Also, are you guys and your NRA boogeyman serious? The NRA is an advocacy group, not a regulatory body. Responsible gun ownership is not among their concerns. Their only concern is that people buy guns and lots of them. They have no government power beyond the usual lobbying tactics.
    Are you suggesting that lobby groups don't have power? That's pretty much the only reason there are lobby groups, is because they do exert power and influence over Senators, by stirring up fear amongst the population for whatever way they want votes to go towards their agenda.

The NRA will actively campaign and spread propaganda that this bill is a ban on guns, not accessories, and people will believe them because they're stupid... and whine to their senator would then vote against it... blah blah blah.

I'm fully aware the NRA is not a regulatory body, but their money talks.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks

I'm well aware. Where did I imply otherwise??

The NRA is a powerful lobbying group that also has plenty of influence on how people vote. They have political power, but of course they are not elected legislators.

Have no idea how you keep comprehending something in what I write that isn't there. I understand you are having some issues, so its ok.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,266 Posts
    So he snorted some coke, acted like an asshole, got fired and the lesson here is white privilege and racism...

k...
    So she's mad because she can't afford her own blow. What a fucking narc.

All Star
    Thanks
    I'm well aware. Where did I imply otherwise??

The NRA is a powerful lobbying group that also has plenty of influence on how people vote. They have political power, but of course they are not elected legislators.

Have no idea how you keep comprehending something in what I write that isn't there. I understand you are having some issues, so its ok.
    Boxy was clearly calling you out for once again taking a news article and twisting it into something it's not for shock value.
    They never once said they'd support a ban, nor did they imply it.
    They said they'd support some sort of regulation.

Thanks
    After initially supporting legislation to ban bump stock, surprise, surprise, the NRA is against it. Assholes.
    Yeah, I guess I'm just misinterpreting this.
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Are you suggesting that lobby groups don't have power? That's pretty much the only reason there are lobby groups, is because they do exert power and influence over Senators, by stirring up fear amongst the population for whatever way they want votes to go towards their agenda.

The NRA will actively campaign and spread propaganda that this bill is a ban on guns, not accessories, and people will believe them because they're stupid... and whine to their senator would then vote against it... blah blah blah.

I'm fully aware the NRA is not a regulatory body, but their money talks.
    No, I'm aware money talks. However, getting mad at the NRA is the wrong direction to take since their interests do not, in any way, line up with anything related to gun control. The people to go after are those who are under the influence of the NRA because they have an active interest in being re-elected

DONOR
    Thanks
    No, I'm aware money talks. However, getting mad at the NRA is the wrong direction to take since their interests do not, in any way, line up with anything related to gun control. The people to go after are those who are under the influence of the NRA because they have an active interest in being re-elected
    100% agree in theory, but it's probably long past that point of no return.

And I don't get mad at the NRA for advocating gun ownership, that's what they are supposed to do and they are within their rights to do so. When they advocate against things that have nothing to do with gun ownership, then I feel like they should be called out.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

DONOR
    Thanks
    On another note, I did like that Trump said the White House was going to be saying Merry Christmas again.

That particular brand of perpetual outrage is beyond tiresome.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

L54 (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Patrol cars in Dubai are Lambos? Bonkers
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (10-15-2017)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,937 Posts
    So North Korea apparently is now saying no discussion or negotiation until it is capable of hitting US East coast with a nuke. I have a hard time believing the US will wait that long, especially if no dialog is happening.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,650 Times in 7,558 Posts
    RIP Mr. Lahey
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Please tell me that's a sick joke

Thanks
    Thanked 12,650 Times in 7,558 Posts
    Please tell me that's a sick joke
    https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4357370
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.