Preview
    9:00 PM ET
Page 730 of 758 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740 ... LastLast
Results 11,665 to 11,680 of 12113

Thread: In The News Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post

I won't lie, though, antifa have been causing violence at all of these types of rallies with the full support of the state, so I can understand why someone would snap.
    Cool and a couple of months ago when Richard Spencer was on the receiving end of an inconsequent punch you were pearl clutching with the best of them talking about bad it is that people might express sympathy for someone committing an act of violence. Now someone drives a car into a crowd and you make sure to point out how you can understand how they got to that point.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    So you have white nationalists who come heavily armored, open carry with handguns and automatic weapons as well as other "homemade" hand weapons to protest a statue. Then you have an anarchist group antifa who learns of this and comes heavily armored themselves with weapons and feces with the sole purpose to start a fight against this group.

Violence ensues, people get hurt and there are casualties. What a surprise. There is fault on both sides here and antifa got the results they crave so much. Destruction and anarchy.

CNN literally said yesterday this is Trumps fault and even one of the CNN people was calling the antifa "heroes". They are such a despicable news organization. Well CNN really isn't news anymore. They truly are propaganda to fulfill a specific political ideology.

I have to look up that BigBecil quote again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Statman For This Useful Post:

JaysAllMighty (08-13-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    100% chance this protest was secretly organized by Twitter. Their stock tanked again after another shitty quarter. They organize something like this and their traffic spikes 5000% after some libtards need to vent their offense to the situation all day and all night through the use of hashtags. Brilliant business plan.
    I highly doubt that they wanted a car crashing into a crowd of protesters.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Cool and a couple of months ago when Richard Spencer was on the receiving end of an inconsequent punch you were pearl clutching with the best of them talking about bad it is that people might express sympathy for someone committing an act of violence. Now someone drives a car into a crowd and you make sure to point out how you can understand how they got to that point.
    One argument that can come from this would be that the attempts by the antifa crowd to justify using violence against political opponents for the past few months, including that shooting by a leftist extremist at that baseball game, led up to this terrorist attack.

I don't think it's the appropriate argument to make after a terrorist attack, but I won't be shocked if that will be their argument.

Political violence is wrong, folks.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    One argument that can come from this would be that the attempts by the antifa crowd to justify using violence against political opponents .
    This is real fascism at it's core. This is where the statement "literally Hitler" actually rings true. That's the whole irony in this is antifa, the "alt left" "radical left", "progressives", "extreme left" whatever they call themselves are the true fascists in America.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    This is real fascism at it's core. This is where the statement "literally Hitler" actually rings true. That's the whole irony in this is antifa, the "alt left" "radical left", "progressives", "extreme left" whatever they call themselves are the true fascists in America.
    Are you sure about that?

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Bobthe4th;1191314]Are you sure about that?]

Yes! The largest ongoing threat of violence, suppression and anarchist behavior of anything political in nature (fascism) is from the "alt left, progressive liberals" in America. This isn't even debatable at the moment.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post

Yes! The largest ongoing threat of violence, suppression and anarchist behavior of anything political in nature (fascism) is from the "alt left, progressive liberals" in America. This isn't even debatable at the moment.
    Well it obviously is debatable, otherwise everyone would agree with you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

KingKat (08-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,981 Times in 1,239 Posts
    Bed bath and beyond tiki torches: For when you want your white supremacist rally to be real white.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to silvergun For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (08-13-2017)

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    In America right now any conservative voice/opinion or what is even perceived as such in a public setting there is an attempt to suppress and meet with violence. It isn't debatable. Progressive liberals/extreme left are the largest threat of fascism in America. It isn't even close.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,757 Times in 4,835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    You know, for someone who loves to portray themselves as an intellectual, you don't seem to be very good at thinking.

Richard Spencer has never employed violence towards anyone.

Antifa showed up to that protest with the intention of starting violence, like they've done at literally every other event they've tried to ruin, and cops are ordered to stand down and do nothing.

Do you see the difference there, you fucking morality warrior? My god, your holier than thou attitude is nauseating. Try harder next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,757 Times in 4,835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    You are aware that these people carry around banners with Stalin's face and often wave hammer and sickle flags? Stalin was worse than Hitler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    You are aware that these people carry around banners with Stalin's face and often wave hammer and sickle flags? Stalin was worse than Hitler.
    Not even taking into consideration what he did to his own people, what Stalin and the red Army did to Poland and its people in WW2 is on par with the German atrocities of WW2. Stalin was a piece of shit.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,738 Posts

Richard Spencer has never employed violence towards anyone.

Antifa showed up to that protest with the intention of starting violence, like they've done at literally every other event they've tried to ruin, and cops are ordered to stand down and do nothing.
    And once again the point misses your head by a mile. I wasn't defending antifa nor attacking Spencer for that matter. I was just pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. Months earlier you got mad at lefties who didn't really mind Spencer getting a punch because they felt he deserved it. That was just a punch. That was nothing but here you are expressing the same kind of sentiment about a guy getting run over. "Gee, it's kind of bad that someone got killed but you can't really blame a guy for snapping." And I'm the one who is nauseating. O.K. there bud.
    Last edited by KingKat; 08-13-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (08-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,981 Times in 1,239 Posts
    I guess I just don't feel like white supremacists (or any similar movement) should even have the right to protest.

I appreciate free speech and the need to support it even if you disagree with it, but if your mandate is advocating racial genocide, guess what: Fuck your rights.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    I guess I just don't feel like white supremacists (or any similar movement) should even have the right to protest.

I appreciate free speech and the need to support it even if you disagree with it, but if your mandate is advocating racial genocide, guess what: Fuck your rights.
    If you don't support free speech for your worst enemy, you don't support free speech.
    It's one of those annoying things about it, but its important.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r0s For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (08-13-2017)