Page 748 of 758 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748749750 ... LastLast
Results 11,953 to 11,968 of 12116

Thread: In The News Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,850 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    I could use a grenade launcher to hunt, would that mean I should be allowed to own one?
    I don't know what this post is supposed to imply
    The post is supposed to respond to the insane assertion that the only reason to own one is to commit mass murder.

Also, no, using a grenade launcher to hunt would be retarded. That's a pretty dumb comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Would they be able to hunt without AR-15s or would that be the end of their livelihood?

The only legitimate argument for owning assault weapons etc, is to protect the citizenry from government tyranny.
    They probably would but you and z3r0s both missed the point of my post.
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    There's a tyrant right now, when will the protection kick in?
    Lmfao you have absolutely no clue what a tyrannical government looks like.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,689 Times in 4,210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I was just listening to Ben Shapiro, he makes a good point about this guy having several fully automatic rifles, and they haven't been sold since 1986. These weren't AR-15s. I only caught a small part of it as he moved on to HRC and her silencer comments. How does this guy get his hands on 10 or so 5 figured guns, so crazy?
    This speaks to a larger problem. You can ban ARs, but Pandora's box is already open and the ARs have flooded the landscape. You could ban them but you still won't get rid of them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,288 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Good. The only political shit slinging will be about gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    The post is supposed to respond to the insane assertion that the only reason to own one is to commit mass murder.

Also, no, using a grenade launcher to hunt would be retarded. That's a pretty dumb comparison.
    K well however you want to rationalize it -- ironically or otherwise, it's never that clear with you -- all of these mass murders are committed with ARs. Why should we even give a shit about hunting anyway? This isn't the 18th century.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Good. The only political shit slinging will be about gun control.
    Yep, it's a good thing this guy is white, otherwise the whole dialogue would be about radical Islamic terrorism. It's a pointless semantic argument, this man committed an act of terrorism. The fact that he's white, American, and had no religious ideology to speak of, these things have no bearing. It's terrorism all the same.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Here's terrorism neutered by gun laws:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...imam-says.html

Give this guy an assault rifle and things turn out much worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,749 Times in 5,949 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    That's not the pic I saw of him earlier, or that's just a very old pic, I guess. Also, that's what his brother said, no signs since they last spoke, and said he must've snapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 926 Posts
    Damn officer gets hit full on by a car and escpaes with reportedly minor enough injuries to leave the hospital? Bad ass if there ever was one. Holy shit.
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Yep, it's a good thing this guy is white, otherwise the whole dialogue would be about radical Islamic terrorism. It's a pointless semantic argument, this man committed an act of terrorism. The fact that he's white, American, and had no religious ideology to speak of, these things have no bearing. It's terrorism all the same.
    No, it isn't.
    Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    There's a growing movement to call all violent crimes terrorism, so it feels like we aren't picking on Muslims.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

BTS (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,749 Times in 5,949 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    That's how I look at it, mass murder, is what it is.
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    No, it isn't.
    Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    There's a growing movement to call all violent crimes terrorism, so it feels like we aren't picking on Muslims.
    That's the original definition from the French Revolution but in the modern world terrorism can also be used literally to define an act that causes terror.

However, IMO an act of terror isn't terrorism unless it's carried out in the name of an ideology (political / religious etc), e.g. I wouldn't call a school shooter, or someone who kills their family/co-workers, a terrorist.

But more importantly, I don't believe the distinction is important. It doesn't really matter what the twisted justification is for the act.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    No, it isn't.
    So if he just shot people because he hates Donald Trump, is that terrorism? It's arbitrary. We may never know what his intentions were, or if there were any. I don't think intent should really matter, what matters is the act.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (10-02-2017)

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    All terrorism is mass murder but all mass murder is not terrorism.

Regardless, the distinction here and quibbling over semantics is stupid. The tragedy doesn't need that semantic argument to make its impact any greater/lesser.

It's sickening no matter what you classify it as.

Just saw some footage on CNN, listening to that gunfire over the music for so long before people realized what was happening is just horrifying. Can't even imagine going through something like that and having those feelings of sheer terror running through me.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

21. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    That's not the pic I saw of him earlier, or that's just a very old pic, I guess.
    I know what you mean, we're so used to psychos having social media profiles that the media releases tons of images straight away. All I've seen of this guy is that photo and one of him with his eyes closed where he looks 20 years older.