Page 753 of 770 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763 ... LastLast
Results 12,033 to 12,048 of 12310

Thread: In The News Thread

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    They have the same rate of fire...

I'm being contrarian because one of these weapons kills more than the other and you're going on a crusade against the type that kills fewer people. It makes no sense.
    I'm pretty consistent. I think people don't need anything but bolt action rifles or revolvers....I've just long given up the point of arguing. The 2nd Amendment was created when nobody had anything but muskets and the army had muskets and .... cannons. It was entirely possible that a militia would be needed at any time to fight either a tyrannical government or foreign invaders.

There's just no defense of that way of thinking now. There's no logical argument to be made that people need to own 40+ guns... just cause the 2nd Amendment exists. It's a joke.

It's a joke that you don't need any certification or any training to own a gun.

It's a joke that you don't need to pass any screenings to buy guns at gun shows.

It's a joke that you legally buy weapon modifications to turn legal weapons into illegal ones.

It's a joke that you can legally buy high capacity cannisters for said weapons that hold more than a hundred rounds of ammuniton.

It's a joke that the current leadership of the US is actively removing some of the few blocks to buy weapons and other weapon accessories that have no purpose other than murder.

And it's an even bigger joke that anytime anyone brings up common sense changes like Obama tried on 2013, they get nowhere.

Simply put, America loves guns. All guns. They'd give everyone a fully auto M60 as a sweet 16 gift if they could and figure everyone would be safer that way.

Sorry, kinda went off the rails there at the end.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (10-04-2017),BTS (10-04-2017),Gen.Disarray (10-05-2017),SirBJay (10-04-2017),Spanky99 (10-04-2017),spittin (10-04-2017)

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    How many guns has Hillary Clinton sold to CF donating oppressive governments who use it to crush opposition? Oh, but no problems here getting on her high horse.

Can she please just die of old age already
    Agreed. The hypocrisy is astounding, yet .... not surprising at all from her
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    "I think it's particularly inappropriate to politicize an event like this that just happened in the last day and a half. It's entirely premature to be discussing about legislative solutions," McConnell said.

Holy fuck is Mitch McConnell ever a scummy piece of human shit.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvergun For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dinger (10-04-2017),Spanky99 (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    The leader of the Catalonian government claims that they intend to declare independence. There's a good chance the Spanish government will react by dissolving them or forcibly replacing them.

Spain could be on the brink of an actual civil war.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    The leader of the Catalonian government claims that they intend to declare independence. There's a good chance the Spanish government will react by dissolving them or forcibly replacing them.

Spain could be on the brink of an actual civil war.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/04/cata...r-of-days.html

Political analysts and economists are now waiting with baited breath
    Rly cnbc?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,783 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Hit the nail on the head.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    The problem is not that we're having the conversation as the result of a tragedy.
    The problem is that we didn't have the conversation previously.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    The problem is not that we're having the conversation as the result of a tragedy.
    The problem is that we didn't have the conversation previously.
    The problem is that we can't even have the conversation in the wake of the worst incident yet. We can't ever have it, apparently.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    How many guns has Hillary Clinton sold to CF donating oppressive governments who use it to crush opposition? Oh, but no problems here getting on her high horse.

Can she please just die of old age already
    No, her Parkinson's-laden husband will croak before her. She'll benefit from the full victimhood treatment of being a widow, starting with the black veil and tears at the nationally-televised funeral. I look forward to that.

Thanks
    I find it interesting that a bunch of Canadians and a Brit are having such a passionate discussion about what another sovereign, democratic nation should be doing with their domestic gun laws.

The Americans are big boys and girls. They have a checks-and-balance system in Washington unlike our actual tyrant here in Canada. If they want stricter gun laws, they will figure it out for themselves.

Thanks
    I also take issue with arguments like:

"Ohhh but most Americans support stricter gun laws, but the evil NRA and their faggy GOP lapdogs..."

If you care about gun control that fucking much then DO something about it. And I don't mean complaining about it on Twitter and then jerking off to the TV for the rest of the day. Wayne LaPierre cannot stand up to 10 million pissed off Americans pooling their efforts into one idea. The NRA wins because it is focused and has a passionate base of people who exercise their democratic rights at absolutely every opportunity.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I find it interesting that a bunch of Canadians and a Brit are having such a passionate discussion about what another sovereign, democratic nation should be doing with their domestic gun laws.

The Americans are big boys and girls. They have a checks-and-balance system in Washington unlike our actual tyrant here in Canada. If they want stricter gun laws, they will figure it out for themselves.
    Years ago, when Paul Celucci was the US ambassador to Canada, he claimed that if Canada made marijuana legal, the US would make it much harder for Canadians to get into the US.
    So, even though they were interfering with Canadian domestic policy, they felt it impacted the US.

So now, given that the number of Canadians killed from firearms illegally entering the country from the US, I would say that we have a stake in whether or not the US brings in more restrictive gun laws.

I mean FFS, we debate whether a manager should have gotten his player to bunt, I'm sure it's OK for us to discuss whether our neighbour changes the gun laws.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Abomination (10-04-2017),BTS (10-04-2017),Dr. Dinger (10-04-2017),Gen.Disarray (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Adam Greenwood: Voice of reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Years ago, when Paul Celucci was the US ambassador to Canada, he claimed that if Canada made marijuana legal, the US would make it much harder for Canadians to get into the US.
    So, even though they were interfering with Canadian domestic policy, they felt it impacted the US.

So now, given that the number of Canadians killed from firearms illegally entering the country from the US, I would say that we have a stake in whether or not the US brings in more restrictive gun laws.

I mean FFS, we debate whether a manager should have gotten his player to bunt, I'm sure it's OK for us to discuss whether our neighbour changes the gun laws.
    Plus just because the people killed aren't the same nationality as you, shouldn't mean you shouldn't care what happens to them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post

This is what Dick says whenever he can't defend his GOP.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    This is what Dick says whenever he can't defend his GOP.
    Oh easily defensible.

Your violent crime rate stats weren't split out between black people and everyone else. I'm sure the "everyone else" category is much more on par with the developed nations than Libya. Seems like the U.S. has as much of a negro problem as it does a gun problem. Should probably work on both problems in unison if they want to reduce violent crime.