Page 754 of 758 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756 ... LastLast
Results 12,049 to 12,064 of 12116

Thread: In The News Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    How many guns has Hillary Clinton sold to CF donating oppressive governments who use it to crush opposition? Oh, but no problems here getting on her high horse.

Can she please just die of old age already
    No, her Parkinson's-laden husband will croak before her. She'll benefit from the full victimhood treatment of being a widow, starting with the black veil and tears at the nationally-televised funeral. I look forward to that.

Thanks
    I find it interesting that a bunch of Canadians and a Brit are having such a passionate discussion about what another sovereign, democratic nation should be doing with their domestic gun laws.

The Americans are big boys and girls. They have a checks-and-balance system in Washington unlike our actual tyrant here in Canada. If they want stricter gun laws, they will figure it out for themselves.

Thanks
    I also take issue with arguments like:

"Ohhh but most Americans support stricter gun laws, but the evil NRA and their faggy GOP lapdogs..."

If you care about gun control that fucking much then DO something about it. And I don't mean complaining about it on Twitter and then jerking off to the TV for the rest of the day. Wayne LaPierre cannot stand up to 10 million pissed off Americans pooling their efforts into one idea. The NRA wins because it is focused and has a passionate base of people who exercise their democratic rights at absolutely every opportunity.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I find it interesting that a bunch of Canadians and a Brit are having such a passionate discussion about what another sovereign, democratic nation should be doing with their domestic gun laws.

The Americans are big boys and girls. They have a checks-and-balance system in Washington unlike our actual tyrant here in Canada. If they want stricter gun laws, they will figure it out for themselves.
    Years ago, when Paul Celucci was the US ambassador to Canada, he claimed that if Canada made marijuana legal, the US would make it much harder for Canadians to get into the US.
    So, even though they were interfering with Canadian domestic policy, they felt it impacted the US.

So now, given that the number of Canadians killed from firearms illegally entering the country from the US, I would say that we have a stake in whether or not the US brings in more restrictive gun laws.

I mean FFS, we debate whether a manager should have gotten his player to bunt, I'm sure it's OK for us to discuss whether our neighbour changes the gun laws.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Abomination (10-04-2017),BTS (10-04-2017),Dr. Dinger (10-04-2017),Gen.Disarray (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,689 Times in 4,210 Posts
    Adam Greenwood: Voice of reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Years ago, when Paul Celucci was the US ambassador to Canada, he claimed that if Canada made marijuana legal, the US would make it much harder for Canadians to get into the US.
    So, even though they were interfering with Canadian domestic policy, they felt it impacted the US.

So now, given that the number of Canadians killed from firearms illegally entering the country from the US, I would say that we have a stake in whether or not the US brings in more restrictive gun laws.

I mean FFS, we debate whether a manager should have gotten his player to bunt, I'm sure it's OK for us to discuss whether our neighbour changes the gun laws.
    Plus just because the people killed aren't the same nationality as you, shouldn't mean you shouldn't care what happens to them.

Thanks

This is what Dick says whenever he can't defend his GOP.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    This is what Dick says whenever he can't defend his GOP.
    Oh easily defensible.

Your violent crime rate stats weren't split out between black people and everyone else. I'm sure the "everyone else" category is much more on par with the developed nations than Libya. Seems like the U.S. has as much of a negro problem as it does a gun problem. Should probably work on both problems in unison if they want to reduce violent crime.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Plus just because the people killed aren't the same nationality as you, shouldn't mean you shouldn't care what happens to them.
    Not a surprise that everyone jumps on my first comment, dead silence for the comment two below it.

"Let's talk about how those poor Americans are being victimized by the tyrannical GOP and the NRA. No, they have absolutely no recourse in their democratic society to enact change if they REALLY wanted change".

Let's go sign some change.org petitions and make a few $5 donations to the victims of the massacre and be on our merry way to focus on the 100,000 things more important to us in our daily lives than gun control. Meanwhile Wayne LaPierre is fielding calls from his dedicated NRA base as we speak.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,780 Times in 4,850 Posts
    Not a surprise that everyone jumps on my first comment, dead silence for the comment two below it.

"Let's talk about how those poor Americans are being victimized by the tyrannical GOP and the NRA. No, they have absolutely no recourse in their democratic society to enact change if they REALLY wanted change".

Let's go sign some change.org petitions and make a few $5 donations to the victims of the massacre and be on our merry way to focus on the 100,000 things more important to us in our daily lives than gun control. Meanwhile Wayne LaPierre is fielding calls from his dedicated NRA base as we speak.
    You forgot #prayforvegas and overlaying a picture of Caesar's Palace on your facebook profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks

Do you mean the comment where you tell us we should be doing something more about gun control in the US?

Well Dick, you got me. Gun control in the US is not my most important issue. I'm not likely to do very much about it.
    Similarly, I'm not likely to do much about Gibbons poor bullpen usage, celebrity gossip fights, Tom Petty fake-death news, or the madness in North Korea.
    Is it OK with you, if I still have and articulate opinions on those topics?

Thank you in advance for your consideration of allowing me to express my opinions.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

BTS (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Oh easily defensible.

Your violent crime rate stats weren't split out between black people and everyone else. I'm sure the "everyone else" category is much more on par with the developed nations than Libya. Seems like the U.S. has as much of a negro problem as it does a gun problem. Should probably work on both problems in unison if they want to reduce violent crime.
    Dick_Pole the moronic masterbaiter

Thanks
    Oh easily defensible.

Great narrative, Dick.
    But it's just not true. Look at these gun deaths/100,000 by white people.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

Look at that. Didn't even use the 'r' word.

Thanks
    Do you mean the comment where you tell us we should be doing something more about gun control in the US?

Well Dick, you got me. Gun control in the US is not my most important issue. I'm not likely to do very much about it.
    Similarly, I'm not likely to do much about Gibbons poor bullpen usage, celebrity gossip fights, Tom Petty fake-death news, or the madness in North Korea.
    Is it OK with you, if I still have and articulate opinions on those topics?

Thank you in advance for your consideration of allowing me to express my opinions.
    No it's not actually.

I mean, I never stated anything along the lines that people shouldn't be talking about such subjects, but now that you have me thinking about it, perhaps the internet will be a better place if you kept things to yourself.

Great narrative, Dick.
    But it's just not true. Look at these gun deaths/100,000 by white people.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

Look at that. Didn't even use the 'r' word.
    K, I dunno, maybe your link didn't carry through whatever data you sorted to feed your narrative but I see for the United States:

Whites: N/A
    Blacks: 19.5
    Other: 3.6

With the state by state data showing rates that are 2-3x higher for blacks for the majority of them. So unless you specifically sorted to show only Arizona stats that's not the best link to use.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Adam Greenwood: Voice of reason.
    I'm scared too.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    No it's not actually.

I mean, I never stated anything along the lines that people shouldn't be talking about such subjects, but now that you have me thinking about it, perhaps the internet will be a better place if you kept things to yourself.

K, I dunno, maybe your link didn't carry through whatever data you sorted to feed your narrative but I see for the United States:

Whites: N/A
    Blacks: 19.5
    Other: 3.6

With the state by state data showing rates that are 2-3x higher for blacks for the majority of them. So unless you specifically sorted to show only Arizona stats that's not the best link to use.
    I wonder what those studies would show if they didn't use race, but rather income or poverty level as the pie pieces.
    ****FREE SPANKY****