Page 754 of 770 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756764 ... LastLast
Results 12,049 to 12,064 of 12310

Thread: In The News Thread

  1. #12049
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Plus just because the people killed aren't the same nationality as you, shouldn't mean you shouldn't care what happens to them.
    Not a surprise that everyone jumps on my first comment, dead silence for the comment two below it.

    "Let's talk about how those poor Americans are being victimized by the tyrannical GOP and the NRA. No, they have absolutely no recourse in their democratic society to enact change if they REALLY wanted change".

    Let's go sign some change.org petitions and make a few $5 donations to the victims of the massacre and be on our merry way to focus on the 100,000 things more important to us in our daily lives than gun control. Meanwhile Wayne LaPierre is fielding calls from his dedicated NRA base as we speak.

  2. #12050
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,250
    Thanks
    2,113
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Not a surprise that everyone jumps on my first comment, dead silence for the comment two below it.

    "Let's talk about how those poor Americans are being victimized by the tyrannical GOP and the NRA. No, they have absolutely no recourse in their democratic society to enact change if they REALLY wanted change".

    Let's go sign some change.org petitions and make a few $5 donations to the victims of the massacre and be on our merry way to focus on the 100,000 things more important to us in our daily lives than gun control. Meanwhile Wayne LaPierre is fielding calls from his dedicated NRA base as we speak.
    You forgot #prayforvegas and overlaying a picture of Caesar's Palace on your facebook profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  3. #12051
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Not a surprise that everyone jumps on my first comment, dead silence for the comment two below it.

    "Let's talk about how those poor Americans are being victimized by the tyrannical GOP and the NRA. No, they have absolutely no recourse in their democratic society to enact change if they REALLY wanted change".

    Let's go sign some change.org petitions and make a few $5 donations to the victims of the massacre and be on our merry way to focus on the 100,000 things more important to us in our daily lives than gun control. Meanwhile Wayne LaPierre is fielding calls from his dedicated NRA base as we speak.
    Do you mean the comment where you tell us we should be doing something more about gun control in the US?

    Well Dick, you got me. Gun control in the US is not my most important issue. I'm not likely to do very much about it.
    Similarly, I'm not likely to do much about Gibbons poor bullpen usage, celebrity gossip fights, Tom Petty fake-death news, or the madness in North Korea.
    Is it OK with you, if I still have and articulate opinions on those topics?

    Thank you in advance for your consideration of allowing me to express my opinions.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    BTS (10-04-2017)

  5. #12052
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,621
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 958 Times in 730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Oh easily defensible.

    Your violent crime rate stats weren't split out between black people and everyone else. I'm sure the "everyone else" category is much more on par with the developed nations than Libya. Seems like the U.S. has as much of a negro problem as it does a gun problem. Should probably work on both problems in unison if they want to reduce violent crime.
    Dick_Pole the moronic masterbaiter

  6. #12053
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Oh easily defensible.

    Your violent crime rate stats weren't split out between black people and everyone else. I'm sure the "everyone else" category is much more on par with the developed nations than Libya. Seems like the U.S. has as much of a negro problem as it does a gun problem. Should probably work on both problems in unison if they want to reduce violent crime.
    Great narrative, Dick.
    But it's just not true. Look at these gun deaths/100,000 by white people.

    https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

    Look at that. Didn't even use the 'r' word.

  7. #12054
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Do you mean the comment where you tell us we should be doing something more about gun control in the US?

    Well Dick, you got me. Gun control in the US is not my most important issue. I'm not likely to do very much about it.
    Similarly, I'm not likely to do much about Gibbons poor bullpen usage, celebrity gossip fights, Tom Petty fake-death news, or the madness in North Korea.
    Is it OK with you, if I still have and articulate opinions on those topics?

    Thank you in advance for your consideration of allowing me to express my opinions.
    No it's not actually.

    I mean, I never stated anything along the lines that people shouldn't be talking about such subjects, but now that you have me thinking about it, perhaps the internet will be a better place if you kept things to yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Great narrative, Dick.
    But it's just not true. Look at these gun deaths/100,000 by white people.

    https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

    Look at that. Didn't even use the 'r' word.
    K, I dunno, maybe your link didn't carry through whatever data you sorted to feed your narrative but I see for the United States:

    Whites: N/A
    Blacks: 19.5
    Other: 3.6

    With the state by state data showing rates that are 2-3x higher for blacks for the majority of them. So unless you specifically sorted to show only Arizona stats that's not the best link to use.

  8. #12055
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,249
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Adam Greenwood: Voice of reason.
    I'm scared too.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  9. #12056
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,249
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    No it's not actually.

    I mean, I never stated anything along the lines that people shouldn't be talking about such subjects, but now that you have me thinking about it, perhaps the internet will be a better place if you kept things to yourself.



    K, I dunno, maybe your link didn't carry through whatever data you sorted to feed your narrative but I see for the United States:

    Whites: N/A
    Blacks: 19.5
    Other: 3.6

    With the state by state data showing rates that are 2-3x higher for blacks for the majority of them. So unless you specifically sorted to show only Arizona stats that's not the best link to use.
    I wonder what those studies would show if they didn't use race, but rather income or poverty level as the pie pieces.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  10. #12057
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,356
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 439 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    I wonder what those studies would show if they didn't use race, but rather income or poverty level as the pie pieces.
    I don't really follow what they're debating. Dick was talking about violent crimes with guns, assumingly suggesting blacks commit such offense at a much higher rate. Then AG drops a poll in response to include deaths by guns, including accidental discharge and suicide amongst other things.

  11. #12058
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    I wonder what those studies would show if they didn't use race, but rather income or poverty level as the pie pieces.
    But then how would we carry on a 400 year old race war in one of the world's most prosperous countries if we used non-racial categories that made sense?

  12. #12059
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    On a lighter note, virtuous libtards are fighting one another because professional NFL player Cam Newton, who is black, said something apparently sexist because some lady reporter asked something about routes. Tonight, the world is right.

    EDIT:

    I enjoy how he looks like a complete pervert while saying it too:


  13. #12060
    Gameday Master fatcowxlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto!
    Posts
    18,161
    Thanks
    3,534
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    You can see at 0:21 he is picturing himself cumming inside her mouth at that very moment
    You have to be trolling a this point lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by havok24 View Post
    1. Integrate the following function "Insert function"
    fatcow's answer: Beltran to 3B.

  14. #12061
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    You have to be trolling a this point lmao
    Are you fucking kidding? This story just keeps getting better and better!

    http://heavy.com/sports/2017/10/jour...ensive-tweets/

    Now apparently the dumb broad that was getting all the love from Twitter thanks to being Newton's "victim" is getting turned on by that same crowd because they are uncovering racist tweets from her past lol

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (10-05-2017)

  16. #12062
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,250
    Thanks
    2,113
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Dove is racist, according to the usual SJW/BLM types. Cleanse the blackness!

    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0...d-racist.html?

    Except the white woman proceeds to turn into a brown woman. The commercial was supposed to advertise that Dove products are made for all types of skin tones. Of course, Unilever being a bunch of cowardly cucks, apologized and pulled the ad. Surprisingly, the SJWs are refusing to forgive them.

    The woman who played the black person in the commercial wrote an article for the Guardian but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for a black woman to speak for herself. She's probably just an uncle Tom or something.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...d-not-a-victim

    I mean, how anyone saw that ad as racist is simply incredible to me. We are hitting new lows with this twittermob outrage culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  17. #12063
    All Star silvergun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,129
    Thanks
    7,284
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,313 Posts

  18. #12064
    Gameday Master fatcowxlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto!
    Posts
    18,161
    Thanks
    3,534
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,517 Posts
    Justin Trudeau tells Donald Trump he will block Boeing contracts over Bombardier tariff row

    Justin Trudeau, the Canadian Prime Minister, told President Donald Trump on Wednesday he would block his country’s armed forces from buying Boeing aircraft if the US presses ahead with plans to slap import tariffs of 300 percent on Bombardier aeroplanes.

    More below
    Source

    Start of a trade war? I wonder who blinks first, Trump has played hardball with international trade issues so far in his presidency so this isn't a surprise
    Quote Originally Posted by havok24 View Post
    1. Integrate the following function "Insert function"
    fatcow's answer: Beltran to 3B.



  19. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcowxlive For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (10-12-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •