NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 800 of 810 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802 ... LastLast
Results 12,785 to 12,800 of 12957

Thread: In The News Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 8,668 Times in 5,353 Posts
    I find it amazing how much disregard SJWs have for the well-being of other people. I couldn't really find much on the story, but from my understanding, Starbucks has the right to ask loiterers to leave. If they refuse, they are trespassing.

I've seen so many people calling for this guy to be fired or they will boycott and they don't even know what transpired. How can you have so little empathy for someone to demand that they lose their livelihood when you don't know them and haven't taken the time to understand what transpired from their perspective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I find it amazing how much disregard SJWs have for the well-being of other people. I couldn't really find much on the story, but from my understanding, Starbucks has the right to ask loiterers to leave. If they refuse, they are trespassing.

I've seen so many people calling for this guy to be fired or they will boycott and they don't even know what transpired. How can you have so little empathy for someone to demand that they lose their livelihood when you don't know them and haven't taken the time to understand what transpired from their perspective?
    All business have the right to ask loiterers to leave if they want. Businesses, while they are accessible by using public areas, are still private property.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 4,550 Times in 3,045 Posts
    You know what I do when someone asks me to leave their property? I um, leave?

You know what I do when the police give me orders to follow? I fucking do it so I don't get arrested.

It's not that hard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (04-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,668 Times in 5,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    You know what I do when someone asks me to leave their property? I um, leave?

You know what I do when the police give me orders to follow? I fucking do it so I don't get arrested.

It's not that hard.
    But have you considered that black people aren't smart enough to figure that out and need virtuous white people to swoop down and save them from themselves?
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    A+ CEO. Would highly recommend working at Starbucks to anyone going forward.
    Yeah, if you like being thrown under the bus, fired and accused of being racist, for following store policy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

connorp (04-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    All business have the right to ask loiterers to leave if they want. Businesses, while they are accessible by using public areas, are still private property.
    People today sadly have no concept of private property and that businesses do not have to post all of their policies everywhere around the store..because the store would look trash and ghetto as fuck.

I guess they need a aign "Yelling at and treating store employees like trash will get you throw out'
    #FireCasey

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 822 Posts
    My understanding is the manager was fired because calling the police was deemed an overreaction. The guys should have left yes, but the manager calling the police probably wasn't right either.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    My understanding is the manager was fired because calling the police was deemed an overreaction. The guys should have left yes, but the manager calling the police probably wasn't right either.
    It depends. I can’t say I know the entire situation so I’m speculating but the media leaves out key details to garner sympathy and further their agenda. Like the black guy instigating/mocking the cop and calling him a $45k employee is nowhere to be found on in mainstream articles because it could shift the narrative in some people’s minds.

I haven’t seen anything showing the initial confrontation but when told they had to leave, they obviously weren’t going to do that and if they were dicks about it...yeah, most of the time it’s going to lead to cops being called at the average business. I know managing hotels and restaurant I’ve done it many times over the years as a last resort but its sometimes neccessary

Thanks
    Thanked 4,550 Times in 3,045 Posts
    What else could she have done?

Manager: "can you please leave if you're not going to buy anything"
    Random Guys "No"
    Manager "ohok, you win, can't argue with that"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (04-16-2018)

All Star
    Thanks
    Cops come.. politely say “hey, they asked you to leave, you have to go”... that should be it. Pretty cut and dry and normal behavior in society.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    It depends. I can’t say I know the entire situation so I’m speculating but the media leaves out key details to garner sympathy and further their agenda. Like the black guy instigating/mocking the cop and calling him a $45k employee is nowhere to be found on in mainstream articles because it could shift the narrative in some people’s minds.

I haven’t seen anything showing the initial confrontation but when told they had to leave, they obviously weren’t going to do that and if they were dicks about it...yeah, most of the time it’s going to lead to cops being called at the average business. I know managing hotels and restaurant I’ve done it many times over the years as a last resort but its sometimes neccessary
    Who knows. The truth is the first casualty in these things. The answer is probably somewhere in between, and who knows maybe the manager didn't manage it very well and escalated the issue.

Who is reporting the guys mocked the cop and called the cop a $45K employee? If MSM is not reporting this, it is usually because they cannot verify it.

All Star
    Thanks

Random Guys "No"
    I mean you choose your battles because it’s not good for your business really to have cops come but unfortunately when you’re dealing with dicks, you have no choice. As these guys were disrespectful to even cops, I’d wager they weren’t polite to the manager otherwise I doubt cops would’ve been called

Thanks

Random Guys "No"
    Not going to work with the old fuddy duddys hanging out at the mall all day either.

Thanks
    All I can find is:

2 men entered the Starbucks and sat down waiting for a friend
    1 wanted to use the bathroom but was refused
    manager called police (conflicting reports on whether the manager asked them to leave before calling police)
    police arrive, arrest the men

from http://www.complex.com/life/2018/04/...calling-police

One witness, identified as Lauren, talked to Philadelphia’s WPVI and said the Starbucks manager never asked the men to leave before calling police. Other witnesses present when the incident took place Thursday said at least one of the two men asked for the bathroom code and were denied because they didn’t make a purchase.

“Lauren said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident ‘announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything,’” WPVI’s Danny Clemens reported.

All Star
    Thanks
    Who knows. The truth is the first casualty in these things. The answer is probably somewhere in between, and who knows maybe the manager didn't manage it very well and escalated the issue.

Who is reporting the guys mocked the cop and called the cop a $45K employee? If MSM is not reporting this, it is usually because they cannot verify it.
    I heard on talk radio.. they said something along the lines of “you don’t know what you’re actually doing” and the $45k thing. Nothing out of ordinary there. I mean from the facts (that they wouldn’t comply with cops orders) and short clip you can tell they weren’t being cooperative, if they were they wouldn’t be in cuffs; simple as that really

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    I heard on talk radio.. they said something along the lines of “you don’t know what you’re actually doing” and the $45k thing. Nothing out of ordinary there. I mean from the facts (that they wouldn’t comply with cops orders) and short clip you can tell they weren’t being cooperative, if they were they wouldn’t be in cuffs; simple as that really
    lol, talk radio

Limbaugh?