• TB 7
    BOS 3
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • ATL 2
    HOU 3
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • STL 7
    MIA 4
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • BAL 8
    PIT 3
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY 7
    TOR 2
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIN 5
    WSH 2
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR 3
    PHI 10
    Final
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM 5
    DET 2
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • CHC 1
    CLE 1
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • CWS 7
    COL 3
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • OAK 3
    LAA 5
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • MIL 8
    LAD 10
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • CIN 5
    SF 9
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • KC 4
    TEX 6
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL 6
    ARI 1
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • SEA 13
    SD 2
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
Page 2169 of 2282 FirstFirst ... 1169166920692119215921672168216921702171217922192269 ... LastLast
Results 34,689 to 34,704 of 36502

Thread: A Very Darrelly Dynasty League

  1. #34689
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,036
    Thanks
    1,037
    Thanked 7,509 Times in 4,219 Posts
    RE: Co-Managers

    The DDL's policy is that we frown upon co-managers. They are not strictly against the rules and their benefits in certain circumstances are clear. However, in the league's opinion too many co-managers is a net negative that makes league activity awkward and annoying.

  2. #34690
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,319
    Thanks
    34,216
    Thanked 6,567 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    RE: Co-Managers

    The DDL's policy is that we frown upon co-managers. They are not strictly against the rules and their benefits in certain circumstances are clear. However, in the league's opinion too many co-managers is a net negative that makes league activity awkward and annoying.
    Mark me up - I'll never look for one, thks.

  3. #34691
    All Star The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    6,862
    Thanks
    1,545
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    RE: Co-Managers

    The DDL's policy is that we frown upon co-managers. They are not strictly against the rules and their benefits in certain circumstances are clear. However, in the league's opinion too many co-managers is a net negative that makes league activity awkward and annoying.
    What about Spanky? Could I bring him on aboard?
    #Free Speech

  4. #34692
    All Star The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    6,862
    Thanks
    1,545
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Ugh, disagree, I'm forced to hope his career is a failure now.
    but so many hats. they're not hat's I'd wear. But they're hats
    #Free Speech

  5. #34693
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,239
    Thanks
    12,079
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 3,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    RE: Co-Managers

    The DDL's policy is that we frown upon co-managers. They are not strictly against the rules and their benefits in certain circumstances are clear. However, in the league's opinion too many co-managers is a net negative that makes league activity awkward and annoying.
    Should I tell North he's no longer welcome?
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-22-2017)

  7. #34694
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,319
    Thanks
    34,216
    Thanked 6,567 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Should I tell North he's no longer welcome?
    Yes.

  8. #34695
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,403
    Thanks
    2,190
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 3,809 Posts
    I guess we need to discuss compensation once again.

  9. #34696
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,807
    Thanks
    835
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 889 Posts
    After some very brief thought, I'd say some sort of comp is required (just nothing on the scale of the other comps). We've set the prescient that a death is different to a sudden career ending injury.

    Yordano didn't have the success of the other guys, but its hard to argue the potential and he was only 25.
    Off the top of my head, I'd say a draft or waiver pick (not 1-1 or anything) would be reasonable.

  10. #34697
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,239
    Thanks
    12,079
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 3,411 Posts
    If Yordano's owner had put him up for trade, what would someone have offered?
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  11. #34698
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,807
    Thanks
    835
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 889 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    If Yordano's owner had put him up for trade, what would someone have offered?
    Dec 15:
    to z3r0s; C-Mart, Alex Wood, some RP who will be dropped
    to TCA; Dansby Swanson, Yordano Ventura, Zack Collins

  12. #34699
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,403
    Thanks
    2,190
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 3,809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    If Yordano's owner had put him up for trade, what would someone have offered?
    Exactly. Compensation should be commensurate with trade value. What would Yordano get? A 1st? Probably not a Top 5 1st, but maybe I'm wrong.

  13. #34700
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,839
    Thanks
    3,096
    Thanked 11,140 Times in 6,682 Posts
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think mediocre assets require compensation. Yordano playing to projections makes him a borderline keeper. I think compensation should only happen for hugely valuable assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (01-22-2017)

  15. #34701
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,403
    Thanks
    2,190
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 3,809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think mediocre assets require compensation. Yordano playing to projections makes him a borderline keeper. I think compensation should only happen for hugely valuable assets.
    I think it's a sliding scale. Assets that have no value require no compensation, but I don't think Ventura is a guy who would have ended up in the waiver draft.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    GD (01-22-2017)

  17. #34702
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,634
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,534 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Exactly. Compensation should be commensurate with trade value. What would Yordano get? A 1st? Probably not a Top 5 1st, but maybe I'm wrong.
    For the BBDL I'm tentatively thinking either pick 20b + pick 40b (sandwich picks basically) in 2017, or pick 10b in 2018 (owner's choice which they prefer). I haven't talked to Cyborg about it yet though.

  18. #34703
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,403
    Thanks
    2,190
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 3,809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    For the BBDL I'm tentatively thinking either pick 20b + pick 40b (sandwich picks basically) in 2017, or pick 10b in 2018 (owner's choice which they prefer). I haven't talked to Cyborg about it yet though.
    20B seems about right to me.

  19. #34704
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,839
    Thanks
    3,096
    Thanked 11,140 Times in 6,682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I think it's a sliding scale. Assets that have no value require no compensation, but I don't think Ventura is a guy who would have ended up in the waiver draft.
    I dunno, if Ian Kennedy was killed in a hate crime against gingers I wouldn't expect compensation, and he's better than Ventura. I always saw the compensation as a way to help people who suffer a franchise-crippling loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.



  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Dinger (01-22-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •