• DET
    ATL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    PHI
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    STL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    TB
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BOS
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    HOU
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • OAK
    CWS
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CHC
    CLE
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CIN
    MIL
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    SD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    KC
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • COL
    SF
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    BAL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    WSH
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • LAA
    SEA
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 2161 of 2310 FirstFirst ... 1161166120612111215121592160216121622163217122112261 ... LastLast
Results 34,561 to 34,576 of 36954

Thread: A Very Darrelly Dynasty League

  1. #34561
    All Star silvergun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,076
    Thanks
    7,285
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Even so, catcher is a fantasy wasteland and as a dynasty asset, you'd probably want him over every catcher except Posey.
    I don't think I'd 1 for 1 tbh, although it would require soul searching and maybe a 3 am walk.

  2. #34562
    All Star Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,039
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Let's change the topic and talk about Top 50 prospect Francisco Mejia.
    I love Francisco Mejia.

  3. #34563
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,875
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 5,166 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    You can watch the scene for yourself at this link... the scene starts around 12:50

    http://gossiponthis.com/2016/03/02/v...ory-episode-5/
    His VF article (which I think was posted in the first investigation of the pick) http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1984/03/dunne198403
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  4. #34564
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,746
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 6,117 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    I don't think I'd 1 for 1 tbh, although it would require soul searching and maybe a 3 am walk.
    You wouldn't trade Sanchez for Posey? Your dumn.

  5. #34565
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,507
    Thanks
    1,070
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    The projections do give me mega-wood, in fairness.

    TCA let's make a trade, you're probably bored of Bumgarner by now.

    Velocity loss, oooOoooOooOooh!
    I know he's not technically a rookie but I feel like a league-average projection is more accurate than what Steamer/ZiPS are spitting out right now.

    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...systems-graded

    Cool lessons from this link:

    - ZiPS is absolute trash
    - Expecting league average hitting from rookies is a better "projection system" than any actual projection system for rookies
    - Marcel is awesome; publicly available projection systems generally are just busy work

  6. #34566
    All Star The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    6,930
    Thanks
    1,562
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    The projections do give me mega-wood, in fairness.

    TCA let's make a trade, you're probably bored of Bumgarner by now.

    Velocity loss, oooOoooOooOooh!
    I'm sold. Will probably accept any offer you send my way.
    #Free Speech

  7. #34567
    All Star silvergun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,076
    Thanks
    7,285
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    You wouldn't trade Sanchez for Posey? Your dumn.
    Probably, I think I have a mild case of GP-itis but my body can fend off the effects until the subject is 30-31 at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    I know he's not technically a rookie but I feel like a league-average projection is more accurate than what Steamer/ZiPS are spitting out right now.

    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...systems-graded

    Cool lessons from this link:

    - ZiPS is absolute trash
    - Expecting league average hitting from rookies is a better "projection system" than any actual projection system for rookies
    - Marcel is awesome; publicly available projection systems generally are just busy work
    Yeah I use projections as toilet paper unless they're to my advantage in a negotiation. If you trade with me, ignore that bit.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to silvergun For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Dinger (01-11-2017)

  9. #34568
    All Star TRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,507
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    I think it's more the fact that we don't want to admit that Spanky is most likely a murderer.
    I was expecting some stronger feedback. This is mostly likely the case.

    Spanky as the actual perpetrator of the most famous "unsolved" murder in US history would be a fantastic plot development. Would we be obligated to give his team to the Goldman family in some sort of civil settlement? Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Yes. There's only one Real min.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to TRM For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-11-2017)

  11. #34569
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,507
    Thanks
    1,070
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    The long and the short of it is this...

    Dominique's father was a man by the name of Dominick, a fairly famous writer for Vanity Fair. His most famous piece of work was his coverage of the OJ Simpson trial, where he was in the court room every day, and was assigned to sit next to Ron Goldman's family by the presiding Judge. This was allegedly done intentionally, because Dominick was supposed to be able to show compassion and respect the privacy of the Goldman family as best as a media person could do, given how empathetic he could be since a similar senseless murder happened to his daughter a few years prior.

    Now here's the best part, this ENTIRE FUCKING THING is captured in a scene of Emmy and Golden Globe winning "The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story". They reference our little Dominique for a whole fucking scene, with the entire point of the scene being to show the impact of her death on her father, who later became this big shot journalist for the most important murder trial in American history. Dominique is really big deal in a sense, and we had no fucking clue.

    Now, what is the implication of this... How did our very own Spanky come up with this name in a drunken stupor. Is he an American History wiz? Was he a big follower of the OJ Trial? It's hard to say really, but it is suspicious....

    I'm not saying Spanky was actually the one who murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, but I'm not saying he didn't either.
    Spanky is an American race-relations scholar, self taught

  12. #34570
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,746
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 6,117 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM View Post
    The long and the short of it is this...

    Dominique's father was a man by the name of Dominick, a fairly famous writer for Vanity Fair. His most famous piece of work was his coverage of the OJ Simpson trial, where he was in the court room every day, and was assigned to sit next to Ron Goldman's family by the presiding Judge. This was allegedly done intentionally, because Dominick was supposed to be able to show compassion and respect the privacy of the Goldman family as best as a media person could do, given how empathetic he could be since a similar senseless murder happened to his daughter a few years prior.

    Now here's the best part, this ENTIRE FUCKING THING is captured in a scene of Emmy and Golden Globe winning "The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story". They reference our little Dominique for a whole fucking scene, with the entire point of the scene being to show the impact of her death on her father, who later became this big shot journalist for the most important murder trial in American history. Dominique is really big deal in a sense, and we had no fucking clue.

    Now, what is the implication of this... How did our very own Spanky come up with this name in a drunken stupor. Is he an American History wiz? Was he a big follower of the OJ Trial? It's hard to say really, but it is suspicious....

    I'm not saying Spanky was actually the one who murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, but I'm not saying he didn't either.
    I think a lot of people missed this because it was late at night and at the end of a page. That's some good sleuthing, however I think the obvious conclusion is that Spanky murdered Dominique, not Nicole.

  13. #34571
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,095
    Thanks
    3,130
    Thanked 11,256 Times in 6,749 Posts
    Spanky definitely murdered Dominique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  14. #34572
    All Star The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    6,930
    Thanks
    1,562
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,437 Posts
    And one drunk night he had to clear his conscience of it.
    #Free Speech

  15. #34573
    All Star TRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,507
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I think a lot of people missed this because it was late at night and at the end of a page. That's some good sleuthing, however I think the obvious conclusion is that Spanky murdered Dominique, not Nicole.
    why not both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Yes. There's only one Real min.

  16. #34574
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    31,070
    Thanks
    34,818
    Thanked 6,690 Times in 5,153 Posts

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    BTS (01-11-2017),P2F (01-11-2017),The Cats Ass (01-11-2017),z3r0s (01-11-2017)

  18. #34575
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,746
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 6,117 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Making a Murderer: DDL Edition

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    TRM (01-11-2017)

  20. #34576
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,790
    Thanks
    1,834
    Thanked 752 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Even so, catcher is a fantasy wasteland and as a dynasty asset, you'd probably want him over every catcher except Posey.
    I feel like Contreras belongs in that group, despite his current ADP. He's being vastly underrated, imo.

    <---- owns Contreras in BBDL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •