Page 2557 of 2557 FirstFirst ... 15572057245725072547255525562557
Results 40,897 to 40,905 of 40905

Thread: A Very Darrelly Dynasty League

  1. #40897
    All Star silvergun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,988
    Thanks
    7,263
    Thanked 2,047 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I nominate Dr. Dinger.
    Agreed, or z3r0s would also be a good choice if he has the time.

  2. #40898
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,032
    Thanks
    2,087
    Thanked 7,872 Times in 4,905 Posts
    I think BTS would be the best choice. Dinger is too stubborn .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  3. #40899
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,754
    Thanks
    2,449
    Thanked 6,715 Times in 4,226 Posts
    I've been a commissioner the whole time. ZeR0s is the obvious choice to be lead administrator. He gets along with everyone and he has been doing a lot of the heavy lifting de facto anyway.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (11-17-2017)

  5. #40900
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,043
    Thanks
    3,545
    Thanked 12,426 Times in 7,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think BTS would be the best choice. Dinger is too stubborn .
    Thx, but there's no way I can do anything like that with this league on top of BORED and LoD.

    z3r0s would be a fine choice too. He'll need to develop a but of a bossy streak though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  6. #40901
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,043
    Thanks
    3,545
    Thanked 12,426 Times in 7,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I've been a commissioner the whole time. ZeR0s is the obvious choice to be lead administrator. He gets along with everyone and he has been doing a lot of the heavy lifting de facto anyway.
    We don't really need a lead administrator, we need someone to come in and rule unilaterally when warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  7. #40902
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,080
    Thanks
    14,245
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 3,767 Posts
    Z3R0S is already filling in for NJH. This would just make it official.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"

  8. #40903
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,018
    Thanks
    1,173
    Thanked 8,566 Times in 4,783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    We don't really need a lead administrator, we need someone to come in and rule unilaterally when warranted.
    Yeah, this is essentially it. The league structure is:

    President - NJH
    Chief Administrative Officer - z3r0s

    Council of Commissioners - traditionally: Dinger, BTS, Boxcar, but has included at times (I think) z3r0s, KK, thehurl, possibly some others. Really whoever I tap on the shoulder when I want to consult on something or defer a decision to a mini-democracy.

    And in terms of whether decisions go to me or the Council of Commissioners - the decision of which forum is appropriate has been one I've made unilaterally in most instances.

    Asking z3r0s to wear both hats might be a bit onerous. Maybe, now that I've written out the above, all I really need is a Vice President for the time being? Someone who can help me out or take over from me in the future, and maybe help z3r0s out a bit as well.

  9. #40904
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,032
    Thanks
    2,087
    Thanked 7,872 Times in 4,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah, this is essentially it. The league structure is:

    President - NJH
    Chief Administrative Officer - z3r0s

    Council of Commissioners - traditionally: Dinger, BTS, Boxcar, but has included at times (I think) z3r0s, KK, thehurl, possibly some others. Really whoever I tap on the shoulder when I want to consult on something or defer a decision to a mini-democracy.

    And in terms of whether decisions go to me or the Council of Commissioners - the decision of which forum is appropriate has been one I've made unilaterally in most instances.

    Asking z3r0s to wear both hats might be a bit onerous. Maybe, now that I've written out the above, all I really need is a Vice President for the time being? Someone who can help me out or take over from me in the future, and maybe help z3r0s out a bit as well.
    I know P2F is pretty new but I think he'd be a good fit for a role like that. He's also very good with helping out with administrative stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

  10. #40905
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,080
    Thanks
    14,245
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 3,767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Yeah, this is essentially it. The league structure is:

    President - NJH
    Chief Administrative Officer - z3r0s

    Council of Commissioners - traditionally: Dinger, BTS, Boxcar, but has included at times (I think) z3r0s, KK, thehurl, possibly some others. Really whoever I tap on the shoulder when I want to consult on something or defer a decision to a mini-democracy.

    And in terms of whether decisions go to me or the Council of Commissioners - the decision of which forum is appropriate has been one I've made unilaterally in most instances.

    Asking z3r0s to wear both hats might be a bit onerous. Maybe, now that I've written out the above, all I really need is a Vice President for the time being? Someone who can help me out or take over from me in the future, and maybe help z3r0s out a bit as well.
    When you put it that way, it does seems like a good role for BTS.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •