• LAA
    SF
    Preview
    9:07 PM ET
  • LAD
    WSH
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
Page 2645 of 2653 FirstFirst ... 1645214525452595263526432644264526462647 ... LastLast
Results 42,305 to 42,320 of 42443

Thread: A Very Darrelly Dynasty League

Thanks
    Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Are we tracking infractions? Punishment should probably escalate for repeat offenders.
    +1. I can add a tracker to the back-end of the Google Doc (but I am not going back to dig up old examples, this starts now)

Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    If that's the only punishment I'll keep it in mind for weeks my aces have already gone.
    I almost think a case by case punishment is the best. Taking into account;

1) The egregiousness of the add
    2) The impact of the starts before the add is noticed
    3) History of the offender
    4) Importance of the match-up (ie, do this in the playoffs or stretch run and the stakes are WAY higher)

People add owned prospects several times a seasons, its just usually noticed (by the adder or league at large). These are never (and I think SHOULD never) be punished.
    The goal is to be fair to the league, not punish people for the sake of it.

In this case losing 2 high calibre starts seems more than fair for a few shitty innings of Beede pitching and will almost certainly affect the match-up more. We should probably get some input from the 'offended party' (Hurl). It would be hilarious and shitty if he sat Ray +1 on the leagues blessing then they get blown up and cost Hurl the match without his input.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z3r0s For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dinger (04-11-2018),P2F (04-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    The goal is to be fair to the league, not punish people for the sake of it.
    I don't agree penilizing someone beyond a "hoping the SP he sits actually performs well" is punishing for the sake of punishment, it's because you were lazy/fucked up/whatever and broke the rules which should have consequences beyond a crapshoot.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,636 Times in 5,335 Posts
    What is it with some people and their incessant need to punish others for honest mistakes? Holy shit.

I've personally had that happen to me where my thing searched the page instead of the sheet and nothing popped up. He's acknowledging his mistake and offering to bench a pitcher much better than Beede. Why can't we just accept that rather than sarcastically threaten to cheat the rules because the punishment isn't severe enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (04-11-2018)

Thanks
    I don't agree penilizing someone beyond a "hoping the SP he sits actually performs well" is punishing for the sake of punishment, it's because you were lazy/fucked up/whatever and broke the rules which should have consequences beyond a crapshoot.
    Whats your solution then? (honest question). I don't mind the sitting another player rule because it is easy to scale. Part of the punishment (if not the main part) should be to re-balance the current matchup. If Beede came in and pitched a perfect game with 27 SO's, the problem would obviously be a lot more serious. I'm not totally against some sort of punishment, but losing 2 high-end starts is sort of a double whammy in that it addresses the re-balancing and punishing (because JB has a much worse shot at winning without 2 starts).

I'm open to suggestions, but we need to figure this out quick as JB is sitting Robbie in a game that starts in like a few hours

Thanks
    This is all Hurl's fault anyway because he continues to hoard shitty players on his farm.
    Frag are you alive?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (04-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,575 Times in 6,587 Posts
    Yeah, I don't see much wrong with it as he's owned up and is sitting a couple good starters. I think that's the first time it happened where a player actually accumulated stats in this league.

I like that challenge trade, boys, should be interesting.

Thanks
    Whats your solution then? (honest question). I don't mind the sitting another player rule because it is easy to scale. Part of the punishment (if not the main part) should be to re-balance the current matchup. If Beede came in and pitched a perfect game with 27 SO's, the problem would obviously be a lot more serious. I'm not totally against some sort of punishment, but losing 2 high-end starts is sort of a double whammy in that it addresses the re-balancing and punishing (because JB has a much worse shot at winning without 2 starts).

I'm open to suggestions, but we need to figure this out quick as JB is sitting Robbie in a game that starts in like a few hours
    I find it ridiculous, how can you call it a punishment when you have no clue on the end result of the decisions?

The only fair punishment would be a consistent milb pick, trying to figure it out on the fly every time is absurd.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,019 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I find it ridiculous, how can you call it a punishment when you have no clue on the end result of the decisions?

The only fair punishment would be a consistent milb pick, trying to figure it out on the fly every time is absurd.
    Hard to dock him a pick when he's traded them all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Hard to dock him a pick when he's traded them all.
    2019 is a year that will exist, theoretically.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,535 Posts
    I agree with Boxy, partly Hurls fault. Hurl should probably receive some kind of punishment as well

Thanks

You haven't addressed the main part of my argument tho. Punishing him by taking a draft DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP RE-BALANCE THE MATCHUP.
    What is a better mechanism to do this?

Would you trade a Beede start for a Ray start in any conceivable case? No? I'd call that a punishment. And we're talking another start on top.

I honestly don't see how this is ridiculous, but it sounds like we need the council to get together and make a ruling.

Thanks
    You've convinced me, it should be both.

Thanks
    It could conceivably be both, we just need to get this shit sorted out and not be draconian with punishing an honest mistake too harshly, because it really leaves a shitty taste in your mouth if it happens to you when it was an honest mistake.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Since Beede's start wasn't great, why don't you give his opponent the choice of which starter gets to sit?

Thanks
    It could conceivably be both, we just need to get this shit sorted out and not be draconian with punishing an honest mistake too harshly, because it really leaves a shitty taste in your mouth if it happens to you when it was an honest mistake.
    I agree. Players getting taken by mistake has happened more than a few times, it's just unfortunate that in this case the player actually recorded some stats. Why should this carry a harsher penalty? There's nothing we can do about the stats in the matchup so the next obvious thing to do is try to counteract that. Personally, I think sitting two aces is overkill but asking for picks on top of that? Ridiculous. There should be a clear line which a certain someone is ignoring called intent and as I recall, this individual approached me with renting a player a couple years ago which was deemed to be ethically dubious. How he feels that he can get on his little high horse and preach to others about this is pretty rich but sadly typical.
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,104 Posts
    It's because Silvergun has a personal vendetta against me for some reason. This was my first illegal pickup in this league by the way, and was an honest mistake due to the search function being messed up on the spreadsheet, though I'm willing to comply with any punishment that is decided. Ray is on my bench right now & will bench Greinke tomorrow.