Thread: The travel thread!

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,567 Posts
    Nice

DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 2,567 Posts
    I gotta say, flying overseas in one of those Air Canada pods on the A330 is pretty sweet.

These look totally different

Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsnarls View Post
    Nice

Fuck me I could get used to that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,167 Posts
    Just got back from cayo coco, stayed at memories flamenco. I recommend it for anyone planning a future all inclusive trip. Nice, new resort, clean, friendly staff, good food (for cuba), nice water and of course great drinks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,808 Times in 3,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    Fuck me I could get used to that.
    Looks amazing the only drawbask is that they look like combination dentist chair toilets.
    "When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, dinosaurs they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out." - Mookie Wilson

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 839 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good travel destination for mid June that isn't overly expensive, i.e No Europe.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good travel destination for mid June that isn't overly expensive, i.e No Europe.
    What are you thinking like a baseball trip? Or a place in America or Canada? Do you like Stampedes because i have been to Calgarys multiple times.

Thanks
    What are you thinking like a baseball trip? Or a place in America or Canada? Do you like Stampedes because i have been to Calgarys multiple times.
    Probably in North America. Isnt the rodeo in June though

Thanks
    Probably in North America. Isnt the rodeo in June though
    Early July.

Thanks
    Early July.
    Sorry that what I meant, my vacation time is in mid june

Thanks
    Thanked 5,630 Times in 3,214 Posts
    Sorry that what I meant, my vacation time is in mid june
    North American trips are my specialty (I've been to almost all of the lower 48 states). If you want to a drinking trip I'd suggest New Orleans which you can do relatively cheap (booze will be cheap at least). Or if just relaxation is your thing try a ski resort area like the Poconos. You can stay cheap but it's beautiful lakes regions (will be a little cold in the water in June) but a short drive if you want to visit Philly, New York or Atlantic City for a night. Keep an eye on Team Buy, Groupon Travel...those sort of things. Compare as they aren't always a deal but you certainly can get deals.

I leave for Vegas trip number 9 on June 4th. And I got myself a job in Vegas for 10 days every July starting in 2015 (helping run a prestigious Junior golf tourney). I hate heat so Vegas in July will kill me....but it's Vegas and I'm getting paid to be there.

Thanks
    Who would you be travelling with? What are your hobbies? Do you prefer nature, partying, cities, or tourist traps?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,001 Posts
    I'm heading to Europe and Africa in August. Booked the flight last weekend with one of my friends and we got a pretty good deal on Orbitz. Going to Ireland and then to Morocco (which I heard is amazing) and then Spain. Got the flight for under $1000 (round trip and direct flights) which is quite good for the summer months/high season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,001 Posts
    I think once mid June/summer hits, all flights will be higher priced since its high season. Try to go somewhere at the end of May/beginning of June before summer break starts since you'll likely get reasonable flights.

I know Las Vegas is very cheap to fly to and they have a bunch of deals on Expedia etc. Your probably better off going to Europe over lets say California. It's likely almost the same price, with Europe being maybe $100-200 more at most, especially during low season.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I'm heading to Europe and Africa in August. Booked the flight last weekend with one of my friends and we got a pretty good deal on Orbitz. Going to Ireland and then to Morocco (which I heard is amazing) and then Spain. Got the flight for under $1000 (round trip and direct flights) which is quite good for the summer months/high season.
    Nice!! That sounds amazing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    North American trips are my specialty (I've been to almost all of the lower 48 states). If you want to a drinking trip I'd suggest New Orleans which you can do relatively cheap (booze will be cheap at least). Or if just relaxation is your thing try a ski resort area like the Poconos. You can stay cheap but it's beautiful lakes regions (will be a little cold in the water in June) but a short drive if you want to visit Philly, New York or Atlantic City for a night. Keep an eye on Team Buy, Groupon Travel...those sort of things. Compare as they aren't always a deal but you certainly can get deals.

I leave for Vegas trip number 9 on June 4th. And I got myself a job in Vegas for 10 days every July starting in 2015 (helping run a prestigious Junior golf tourney). I hate heat so Vegas in July will kill me....but it's Vegas and I'm getting paid to be there.
    The Pocono's looks pretty cool, though it looks more like a winter season destination. Have you been during the summer seasons for an extended stay?