• PIT 10
    DET 13
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • PIT 3
    DET 1
    In Progress
    Top 4th
  • HOU 5
    LAA 2
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    SEA 4
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • COL 5
    SD 2
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • SF 2
    WSH 15
    Final
    3:45 PM ET
  • NYY 6
    MIN 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 7th
  • CIN 4
    ATL 5
    In Progress
    Top 9th
  • PHI 5
    ARI 3
    In Progress
    Middle 8th
  • BAL 4
    TB 8
    In Progress
    Bottom 8th
  • TOR 3
    BOS 4
    In Progress
    Top 8th
  • CLE 3
    CHC 1
    In Progress
    Top 8th
  • LAD 0
    MIA 3
    In Progress
    End 6th
  • TEX 1
    OAK 2
    In Progress
    Top 5th
  • KC 1
    MIL 4
    In Progress
    Middle 6th
  • STL 4
    NYM 1
    In Progress
    Bottom 4th
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 277

Thread: The travel thread!

  1. #33
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,182
    Thanks
    1,797
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Nice


  2. #34
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,182
    Thanks
    1,797
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 2,733 Posts
    I gotta say, flying overseas in one of those Air Canada pods on the A330 is pretty sweet.

    These look totally different

  3. #35
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,924
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsnarls View Post
    Nice

    Fuck me I could get used to that.

  4. #36
    DONOR Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,513
    Thanks
    1,127
    Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Just got back from cayo coco, stayed at memories flamenco. I recommend it for anyone planning a future all inclusive trip. Nice, new resort, clean, friendly staff, good food (for cuba), nice water and of course great drinks.

  5. #37
    Hall of Famer KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,429
    Thanks
    14,558
    Thanked 6,018 Times in 3,845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    Fuck me I could get used to that.
    Looks amazing the only drawbask is that they look like combination dentist chair toilets.

  6. #38
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 960 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good travel destination for mid June that isn't overly expensive, i.e No Europe.

  7. #39
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,924
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good travel destination for mid June that isn't overly expensive, i.e No Europe.
    What are you thinking like a baseball trip? Or a place in America or Canada? Do you like Stampedes because i have been to Calgarys multiple times.

  8. #40
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    What are you thinking like a baseball trip? Or a place in America or Canada? Do you like Stampedes because i have been to Calgarys multiple times.
    Probably in North America. Isnt the rodeo in June though

  9. #41
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,924
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Probably in North America. Isnt the rodeo in June though
    Early July.

  10. #42
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    Early July.
    Sorry that what I meant, my vacation time is in mid june

  11. #43
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,534
    Thanks
    978
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 3,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Sorry that what I meant, my vacation time is in mid june
    North American trips are my specialty (I've been to almost all of the lower 48 states). If you want to a drinking trip I'd suggest New Orleans which you can do relatively cheap (booze will be cheap at least). Or if just relaxation is your thing try a ski resort area like the Poconos. You can stay cheap but it's beautiful lakes regions (will be a little cold in the water in June) but a short drive if you want to visit Philly, New York or Atlantic City for a night. Keep an eye on Team Buy, Groupon Travel...those sort of things. Compare as they aren't always a deal but you certainly can get deals.

    I leave for Vegas trip number 9 on June 4th. And I got myself a job in Vegas for 10 days every July starting in 2015 (helping run a prestigious Junior golf tourney). I hate heat so Vegas in July will kill me....but it's Vegas and I'm getting paid to be there.

  12. #44
    DONOR Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,513
    Thanks
    1,127
    Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good travel destination for mid June that isn't overly expensive, i.e No Europe.
    Who would you be travelling with? What are your hobbies? Do you prefer nature, partying, cities, or tourist traps?

  13. #45
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,598
    Thanks
    1,696
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 1,106 Posts
    I'm heading to Europe and Africa in August. Booked the flight last weekend with one of my friends and we got a pretty good deal on Orbitz. Going to Ireland and then to Morocco (which I heard is amazing) and then Spain. Got the flight for under $1000 (round trip and direct flights) which is quite good for the summer months/high season.

  14. #46
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,598
    Thanks
    1,696
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good travel destination for mid June that isn't overly expensive, i.e No Europe.
    I think once mid June/summer hits, all flights will be higher priced since its high season. Try to go somewhere at the end of May/beginning of June before summer break starts since you'll likely get reasonable flights.

    I know Las Vegas is very cheap to fly to and they have a bunch of deals on Expedia etc. Your probably better off going to Europe over lets say California. It's likely almost the same price, with Europe being maybe $100-200 more at most, especially during low season.

  15. #47
    DONOR Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,513
    Thanks
    1,127
    Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I'm heading to Europe and Africa in August. Booked the flight last weekend with one of my friends and we got a pretty good deal on Orbitz. Going to Ireland and then to Morocco (which I heard is amazing) and then Spain. Got the flight for under $1000 (round trip and direct flights) which is quite good for the summer months/high season.
    Nice!! That sounds amazing

  16. #48
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    North American trips are my specialty (I've been to almost all of the lower 48 states). If you want to a drinking trip I'd suggest New Orleans which you can do relatively cheap (booze will be cheap at least). Or if just relaxation is your thing try a ski resort area like the Poconos. You can stay cheap but it's beautiful lakes regions (will be a little cold in the water in June) but a short drive if you want to visit Philly, New York or Atlantic City for a night. Keep an eye on Team Buy, Groupon Travel...those sort of things. Compare as they aren't always a deal but you certainly can get deals.

    I leave for Vegas trip number 9 on June 4th. And I got myself a job in Vegas for 10 days every July starting in 2015 (helping run a prestigious Junior golf tourney). I hate heat so Vegas in July will kill me....but it's Vegas and I'm getting paid to be there.
    The Pocono's looks pretty cool, though it looks more like a winter season destination. Have you been during the summer seasons for an extended stay?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •