• MIL
    CHC
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • HOU
    LAA
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    NYY
    Preview
    4:07 PM ET
  • CIN
    BOS
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    CLE
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • DET
    MIN
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • PIT
    STL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    KC
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    PHI
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • NYM
    WSH
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ARI
    MIA
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • SD
    COL
    Preview
    8:40 PM ET
  • OAK
    TEX
    Preview
    9:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    SF
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
Page 3 of 446 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 7131

Thread: WTP Hockey Dynasty League

  1. #33
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,426
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Though, hockey prospects tend to reach the majors much faster than baseball prospects, so that could be an interesting dynamic to it. Maybe 8 instead of 10.
    Maybe have a Farm Roster limit of 10. But only give 8 picks to each team this Summer for the prospect draft. And then 5 each every year after.
    RIP North49

  2. #34
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    Maybe have a Farm Roster limit of 10. But only give 8 picks to each team this Summer for the prospect draft. And then 5 each every year after.
    That could work. I'm guessing the prospect draft will be after the draft for NHL players.

  3. #35
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,426
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    That could work. I'm guessing the prospect draft will be after the draft for NHL players.
    I'm thinking before, it'll give us something to do over the summer, after the NHL Entry draft. Prospects can be chosen as long as they have yet to play a game in the NHL. Roster players will be drafted sometime when Yahoo opens up the new season.
    RIP North49

  4. #36
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Prospect draft is after the upcoming entry draft , it says in the OP
    Ah yes! I missed that. lol

  5. #37
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    I'm thinking before, it'll give us something to do over the summer, after the NHL Entry draft. Prospects can be chosen as long as they have yet to play a game in the NHL.
    Okay that makes sense. So, players that have played at least one NHL game will not be eligible for the prospect draft.

  6. #38
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,426
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    So, players that have played at least one NHL game will not be eligible for the prospect draft.
    Correct. Makes it clear-cut and easy to see if someone is good to be drafted. And they'll have to have their rights owned by an NHL team, so no Connor McDavid this year.
    RIP North49

  7. #39
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    Correct. Makes it clear-cut and easy to see if someone is good to be drafted. And they'll have to have their rights owned by an NHL team, so no Connor McDavid this year.
    Also, what will determine the order of both drafts?

  8. #40
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Order should be done the same way as BBDL IMO
    Ah okay

  9. #41
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Also, to discourage tanking, should we do a draft lottery or something of the sort?

  10. #42
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    That would be every player gets randomized, and from that order you have a draft to select where you want to draft in the Prospects/NHL Draft

    So the person #1 in the randomizer could choose #1NHL/#20Prospects, or #2NHL/#19Prospects and so forth
    That makes sense

  11. #43
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,426
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Also, what will determine the order of both drafts?
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    That would be every player gets randomized, and from that order you have a draft to select where you want to draft in the Prospects/NHL Draft

    So the person #1 in the randomizer could choose #1NHL/#20Prospects, or #2NHL/#19Prospects and so forth
    What King said.
    RIP North49

  12. #44
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,426
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Also, to discourage tanking, should we do a draft lottery or something of the sort?
    Ya, I was thinking a draft lottery involving maybe the bottom 5/6 teams. Of course the lower the team finishes the better odds they'll have. Also, this year both drafts willing be snaking, future drafts will not be.
    RIP North49

  13. #45
    All Star TRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,507
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Put me in as a maybe for now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Yes. There's only one Real min.

  14. #46
    Big Leaguer Frag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 759 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    GD should join. Somebody has to be last place
    Yeah, save a spot for GD just in case

  15. #47
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,426
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMin View Post
    Put me in as a maybe for now?
    Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Yeah, save a spot for GD just in case
    He was game last fall for one. I also saved one for Spanky for whenever he wakes up tonight.
    RIP North49

  16. #48
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,354
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Yeah, save a spot for GD just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    He was game last fall for one. I also saved one for Spanky for whenever he wakes up tonight.
    Thanks but no thanks. Like Dinger I know jack shit about hockey and I don't need to be in /another/ league with King. Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •