Page 1 of 467 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: WTP Hockey Dynasty League

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,512 Posts

WTP Hockey Dynasty League

Who's interested in joining a Hockey Dynasty League, name of said league has yet to be determined.

Ideally I'd like to find 20 teams. 16 or 18 would also work. I'd also like to find 2 co-commishs too, if anyone wants to volunteer. It'll have a stat and roster set-up similar to What The Puck, is what I'm thinking. 20 Roster spots, 15 Keepers.

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR+, IR+

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Shooting Percentage (SH%), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I'm thinking a 10 Player prospect farm. Prospect draft will be held after the NHL Entry Draft.

A league message board will be set-up on Proboards similar to the baseball dynasties and the league will be through Yahoo.

The Roster:

1. The Cat's Ass
    2. King
    3. Havok24
    4. Frag
    5. Spittin
    6. Silvergun
    7. Randy The Robot
    8. Abomination
    9. z3r0s
    10. jays_fever
    11. jaysguy34
    12. BTS
    13. Spanky
    14. aselvana
    15. jaysblue
    16. vanland
    17. GD
    18. Wilko
    19. TheRealMin/JFAS
    20. GoldBrick

Here's the Prospect Management Rules from our Proboards page:

Prospect rosters will consist of a maximum of 10 prospects. Once a player has been drafted, they belong to that owner and no other owner may pick them up from the Yahoo free agent list. Any such pickups will be voided. Please double-check the official Owned Prospects List before attempting to add a prospect to your roster from the Yahoo database. Any unowned prospects may be picked up as a free agent when they get called up to the NHL by their parent club.

Prospects may not be promoted to the NHL roster until they have been called up in the NHL.

When an owner promotes a prospect to their roster, that prospect can never be sent back down. If a prospect is called up and subsequently released by the owner, they will become subject to waivers and then free agency (if applicable).

Prospects may be kept on the prospect roster until they have played 60 NHL games.

Once a prospect has crossed this threshold, he must be promoted to the NHL roster no later than the next Cutdown.

Prospects can be cut from the prospect roster at any time, but can only be added to the prospect roster via the prospect draft or trade.

Prospect Draft info:

The annual Prospect draft will be held immediately following the conclusion of the real-life NHL Entry Draft (exact date TBD). The draft will consist of 5 rounds and will be conducted on the League Message Board. Draft picks will be assigned at the conclusion of the playoffs (current year only, no future draft picks).

Draft order will be determined by the standings of the previous season with a weighted lottery for the top 12 spots. (Non-playoff teams). The final 8 will go by reverse order of finish after the playoffs. Waiver draft will follow this format too but have it's own lottery.

Each owner will be allowed a 12 hour window in which to make their selection. After the 12 hour window, that owner may make their selection as soon as they arrive, but the draft will carry on in their absence and subsequent owners may make their selections.

Unowned players who have never played an NHL game and have participated in the NHL draft or have a contract with a professional team are eligible to be drafted. Undrafted players from overseas who are coming to the NHL will not be eligible for the prospect draft, but will be waiver draft eligible. For example, Artemi Panarin or Sergei Plotnikov in 2015.

Prior to the annual Prospect draft, an owner must cut/clear space on their prospect roster for each draft pick they intend to use. For example, if an owner has 3 draft picks but only 2 open spots on their Prospect Roster, they will only be able to draft 2 players and the third pick will be discarded (unless traded). All prospect cuts must be made roughly one week prior to the annual prospect draft so that draft order can be finalized and unused picks removed from the draft.

Roster Management:

The first Waiver Draft will be held in Summer/Fall 2015. Prior to the Waiver Draft teams must trim their NHL rosters down to 15 roster players and 10 prospects. Cut players will be eligible to be drafted in the Waiver Draft. If you haven't submitted your 15 keepers by the deadline you lose one(1) keeper spot and can only hold onto 14 roster players. Players who have 4 years of ECHL/AHL experience, or are undrafted imports from overseas with an NHL contract (KHL, DEL, SHL etc.) are eligible for the waiver draft.

After the season has concluded and prior to the Cut Date(TBD), roster size (both NHL and Prospect) is unlimited. Owners may acquire as many players via trade as they wish, so long as their rosters are cut down to the maximum allowable size by the Cut Date. No free agents may be picked up via the Yahoo database after the conclusion of the playoffs until the conclusion of the Waiver Draft. Waiver draft will be held in 2015 when Yahoo Hockey opens up.

Lineup Setting is mandatory throughout the duration of the Yahoo season. Owners that do not set lineups with active players for an extended period of time may be considered tanking and expelled from the league accordingly. Prospects and other players that are NA or DL do NOT count as filled roster spots and will be considered vacancies for this purpose.

Unowned prospects that have not played in the NHL cannot be added to NHL rosters on Yahoo. If such players are called up in real life, then they can be added in Yahoo as soon as a news source confirms that they have been called up by their parent club.
    Last edited by The Cats Ass; 08-29-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 905 Posts
    I knew I could count on you Cats Ass.

I'm interested obviously.

Thanks
    Instead of joining WTP, I'll join this league.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Is your buddy still interested in joining a competitive league?
    Not anymore. He found a league.

Thanks
    As for league name, I have an idea:

CORSI Hockey League (yes, CORSI has to be ALL CAPS)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    As for league name, I have an idea:

CORSI Hockey League (yes, CORSI has to be ALL CAPS)
    That could work. Also, it abbreviates to CHL!
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,313 Posts
    Argh..it sounds awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    2. King
    but my sanity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Argh..it sounds awesome, but my sanity.
    Your sanity was probably gone a long time ago, so don't worry about that.
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 929 Posts
    I am in if you would have me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    That could work. Also, it abbreviates to CHL!
    Plus:

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,601 Times in 1,936 Posts
    I'm in!

Is there any reason not to make all the IR slots IR+? Teams take forever to actually formally DL players sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 990 Posts
    I'd probably play if there is a spot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,325 Times in 914 Posts
    Sure

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Argh..it sounds awesome..

but my sanity.
    And I'll take this as a yes, since yes is always better than no.
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    I am in if you would have me
    We'll take pretty near anyone.
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I'm in!

Is there any reason not to make all the IR slots IR+? Teams take forever to actually formally DL players sometimes.
    Ya, this would probably be the better choice.
    RIP North49