• BOS 4
    ATL 5
    In Progress
    Bottom 6th
  • OAK 0
    ARI 0
    Pre-Game
    4:05 PM ET
  • TEX 0
    KC 0
    Pre-Game
    4:05 PM ET
  • PIT 0
    STL 0
    Pre-Game
    4:05 PM ET
  • PHI 0
    TOR 0
    Pre-Game
    4:05 PM ET
  • TB 0
    BAL 0
    Pre-Game
    4:10 PM ET
  • DET 0
    CWS 0
    Pre-Game
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIL 0
    NYM 0
    Pre-Game
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIA 0
    WSH 0
    Pre-Game
    4:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    HOU
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • NYY
    LAA
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • CHC
    SF
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • COL
    CIN
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    MIN
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 274

Thread: Official Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

  1. #17
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,187
    Thanks
    4,334
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,827 Posts
    It's a dynasty league.

    There's an optional draft before every season where you can drop any number of players you like to pick from the group of FAs, but the drops must be made before the draft and without knowing how many players others are keeping. It's actually a pretty fun addition to a dynasty league.

  2. #18
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,215
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    It's a dynasty league.

    There's an optional draft before every season where you can drop any number of players you like to pick from the group of FAs, but the drops must be made before the draft and without knowing how many players others are keeping. It's actually a pretty fun addition to a dynasty league.
    Are you a contender? If so, I'd 100% be targeting a Lackey, Kennedy or Kazmir if you need the immediate pitching help. I wouldn't really invest in pitching too much long term.

    Like I really wish I had unloaded Sale for Puig when I had the chance, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  3. #19
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,187
    Thanks
    4,334
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,827 Posts
    I'm not really a contender right now - more middle of the pack. I won this league two seasons ago, and am now pseudo-rebuilding.

    Lol. Yep, I wish I'd traded for Puig when I had the chance as well.

  4. #20
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,734
    Thanks
    1,793
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 3,310 Posts
    A) Votto

    or

    B) Polanco + Kendrys

    NOTE: "A" have tons of OFers (Stanton, Braun, Heyward, JD Martinez) and needs to increase their OBP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Asia's suicide rate is very high; I'll try to raise it a little bit next month.

  5. #21
    Hall of Famer KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,471
    Thanks
    14,604
    Thanked 6,033 Times in 3,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    A) Votto

    or

    B) Polanco + Kendrys

    NOTE: "A" have tons of OFers (Stanton, Braun, Heyward, JD Martinez) and needs to increase their OBP.
    Deal seems to make sense for A. Votto is a a hell of an upgrade over Kendrys.

  6. #22
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,734
    Thanks
    1,793
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Deal seems to make sense for A. Votto is a a hell of an upgrade over Kendrys.
    Votto with awful performance so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Asia's suicide rate is very high; I'll try to raise it a little bit next month.

  7. #23
    Hall of Famer KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,471
    Thanks
    14,604
    Thanked 6,033 Times in 3,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Votto with awful performance so far
    His "awful" perfomance so far is nearly 140 points of OBP better than Morales's performance so far.

  8. #24
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,361
    Thanks
    12,050
    Thanked 4,811 Times in 3,445 Posts
    Don't worry, I didn't do this deal. What do you guys think of Lincecum + Infante for Brock Holt? Guy in my league is a huge Red Sox homer with beautiful quotes like "Holt may be legit," "Lincecum's stats suck," "Infante was a throw in," "Holt's BABIP means he's better than Infante," and so on. I've been arguing with him for weeks about it and now that Holt is cooling off and Timmy threw a nono I think I finally won the argument lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  9. #25
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,778
    Thanks
    999
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Don't worry, I didn't do this deal. What do you guys think of Lincecum + Infante for Brock Holt? Guy in my league is a huge Red Sox homer with beautiful quotes like "Holt may be legit," "Lincecum's stats suck," "Infante was a throw in," "Holt's BABIP means he's better than Infante," and so on. I've been arguing with him for weeks about it and now that Holt is cooling off and Timmy threw a nono I think I finally won the argument lol.
    if this is anything less than a 16 team league or 25 starting spots...you spent weeks debating waiver wire or steaming players.

  10. #26
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,215
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Don't worry, I didn't do this deal. What do you guys think of Lincecum + Infante for Brock Holt? Guy in my league is a huge Red Sox homer with beautiful quotes like "Holt may be legit," "Lincecum's stats suck," "Infante was a throw in," "Holt's BABIP means he's better than Infante," and so on. I've been arguing with him for weeks about it and now that Holt is cooling off and Timmy threw a nono I think I finally won the argument lol.
    Sounds like your type of deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  11. #27
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey guys. I'm having problem with my outfield.

    My outfield is currently: Melky Cabrerra, Kole Calhoun and JD Martinez.
    On the Bench I've Starling Marte and Mark Trumbo.

    Bit Worried that this season is blown for Trumbo. Shane Victorino is currently available on waivers after coming back from injury. Should I drop Trumbo for him or wait for Trumbo to come good?

  12. #28
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,361
    Thanks
    12,050
    Thanked 4,811 Times in 3,445 Posts
    I probably wouldn't. Trumbo's got far better RoS projections.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  13. #29
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,049
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 963 Posts
    If it's a 5v5 league, ID rather have Victorino as my 5th outfielder over Trumbo, especially since your starting 3 arent SB threats

  14. #30
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,215
    Thanks
    2,377
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 5,444 Posts
    I don't think you can go wrong either way. I've never liked Trumbo but he's got some value in a 5x5, so I'd probably lean towards waiting out his turnaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Can't wait to meet the new Matt Olson(s)!

  15. #31
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks
    1,703
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,112 Posts
    In an ESPN league Im in with 40 man rosters where you have to choose one player to drop next offseason who would you choose: Vmart, Pujols, Kazmir, Ortiz, Lester, Greg Holland?

  16. #32
    All Star Fearthedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,469
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 1,307 Times in 980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    In an ESPN league Im in with 40 man rosters where you have to choose one player to drop next offseason who would you choose: Vmart, Pujols, Kazmir, Ortiz, Lester, Greg Holland?
    Assuming you can't make any kind of trade to free up room, I would drop Ortiz. He'll be 40 next season, and I know I say this every year, but eventually he has to break down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •