PIT
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 875 Posts
    It's a dynasty league.

There's an optional draft before every season where you can drop any number of players you like to pick from the group of FAs, but the drops must be made before the draft and without knowing how many players others are keeping. It's actually a pretty fun addition to a dynasty league.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,548 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    It's a dynasty league.

There's an optional draft before every season where you can drop any number of players you like to pick from the group of FAs, but the drops must be made before the draft and without knowing how many players others are keeping. It's actually a pretty fun addition to a dynasty league.
    Are you a contender? If so, I'd 100% be targeting a Lackey, Kennedy or Kazmir if you need the immediate pitching help. I wouldn't really invest in pitching too much long term.

Like I really wish I had unloaded Sale for Puig when I had the chance, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 875 Posts
    I'm not really a contender right now - more middle of the pack. I won this league two seasons ago, and am now pseudo-rebuilding.

Lol. Yep, I wish I'd traded for Puig when I had the chance as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,235 Posts
    A) Votto

or

B) Polanco + Kendrys

NOTE: "A" have tons of OFers (Stanton, Braun, Heyward, JD Martinez) and needs to increase their OBP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Asia's suicide rate is very high; I'll try to raise it a little bit next month.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,808 Times in 3,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    A) Votto

or

B) Polanco + Kendrys

NOTE: "A" have tons of OFers (Stanton, Braun, Heyward, JD Martinez) and needs to increase their OBP.
    Deal seems to make sense for A. Votto is a a hell of an upgrade over Kendrys.
    "When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, dinosaurs they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out." - Mookie Wilson

Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Deal seems to make sense for A. Votto is a a hell of an upgrade over Kendrys.
    Votto with awful performance so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Asia's suicide rate is very high; I'll try to raise it a little bit next month.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,808 Times in 3,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Votto with awful performance so far
    His "awful" perfomance so far is nearly 140 points of OBP better than Morales's performance so far.
    "When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, dinosaurs they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out." - Mookie Wilson

Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 3,441 Posts
    Don't worry, I didn't do this deal. What do you guys think of Lincecum + Infante for Brock Holt? Guy in my league is a huge Red Sox homer with beautiful quotes like "Holt may be legit," "Lincecum's stats suck," "Infante was a throw in," "Holt's BABIP means he's better than Infante," and so on. I've been arguing with him for weeks about it and now that Holt is cooling off and Timmy threw a nono I think I finally won the argument lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,630 Times in 3,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Don't worry, I didn't do this deal. What do you guys think of Lincecum + Infante for Brock Holt? Guy in my league is a huge Red Sox homer with beautiful quotes like "Holt may be legit," "Lincecum's stats suck," "Infante was a throw in," "Holt's BABIP means he's better than Infante," and so on. I've been arguing with him for weeks about it and now that Holt is cooling off and Timmy threw a nono I think I finally won the argument lol.
    if this is anything less than a 16 team league or 25 starting spots...you spent weeks debating waiver wire or steaming players.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Sounds like your type of deal!
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Hey guys. I'm having problem with my outfield.

My outfield is currently: Melky Cabrerra, Kole Calhoun and JD Martinez.
    On the Bench I've Starling Marte and Mark Trumbo.

Bit Worried that this season is blown for Trumbo. Shane Victorino is currently available on waivers after coming back from injury. Should I drop Trumbo for him or wait for Trumbo to come good?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 3,441 Posts
    I probably wouldn't. Trumbo's got far better RoS projections.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 840 Posts
    If it's a 5v5 league, ID rather have Victorino as my 5th outfielder over Trumbo, especially since your starting 3 arent SB threats

Thanks
    I don't think you can go wrong either way. I've never liked Trumbo but he's got some value in a 5x5, so I'd probably lean towards waiting out his turnaround.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,001 Posts
    In an ESPN league Im in with 40 man rosters where you have to choose one player to drop next offseason who would you choose: Vmart, Pujols, Kazmir, Ortiz, Lester, Greg Holland?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    In an ESPN league Im in with 40 man rosters where you have to choose one player to drop next offseason who would you choose: Vmart, Pujols, Kazmir, Ortiz, Lester, Greg Holland?
    Assuming you can't make any kind of trade to free up room, I would drop Ortiz. He'll be 40 next season, and I know I say this every year, but eventually he has to break down.