• PHI
    LAD
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • LAA
    CLE
    Preview
    4:07 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    KC
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • DET
    MIN
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CIN
    STL
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    WSH
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    CHC
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    CWS
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • SD
    COL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    TEX
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 127 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 2,017 to 2,032 of 2181

Thread: Movie Thread

  1. #2017
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,638
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Am I the only one who though the first one was overrated? The characters were fun and because they were new to audiences, I think that obscured a fairly run of the mill Marvel movie story wise.
    I think that's what appealed to a lot of people.

    There's enough marvel movies out there that all take a more serious tone, ( I.e Captain America, Iron Man franchises, Spider man etc)
    #FireCasey

  2. #2018
    Big Leaguer bones10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,961
    Thanks
    272
    Thanked 271 Times in 216 Posts
    anybody disappointed in the soundtrack in the second movie? was probably my favorite part about the first.

  3. #2019
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,199
    Thanks
    903
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 949 Posts
    yeah soundtrack was super weak compared to #1.

    KK: I love the first movie because it was fun as well and an anti-hero movie that was actually done right.

    The second one was a lot of rehashed jokes and forced conflict between the main characters. Uggggh, I hate squeals, they are almost universally bad (unless its a planned trilogy)

  4. #2020
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,779
    Thanks
    734
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Am I the only one who though the first one was overrated? The characters were fun and because they were new to audiences, I think that obscured a fairly run of the mill Marvel movie story wise.
    I agree completely. I know a lot of people who loved it the first time but then not as much on subsequent viewings. I find that the humour is more over the top or kind of childish which isn't really my favourite but I do still like the movies overall anyway.

    Oh and Baby Groot is the best.

  5. #2021
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Am I the only one who though the first one was overrated? The characters were fun and because they were new to audiences, I think that obscured a fairly run of the mill Marvel movie story wise.
    Yes. I believe you're the only one.

  6. #2022
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    yeah soundtrack was super weak compared to #1.

    KK: I love the first movie because it was fun as well and an anti-hero movie that was actually done right.

    The second one was a lot of rehashed jokes and forced conflict between the main characters. Uggggh, I hate squeals, they are almost universally bad (unless its a planned trilogy)
    I love squeals. Really shows you that she's enjoying what you're doing.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Krylian For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-12-2017)

  8. #2023
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,449
    Thanks
    3,439
    Thanked 12,157 Times in 7,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    GotG disappointed me.

    I mean, it was OK. It has some fun moments, had some laughs, but did not have that magic like the first one did. The characters felt different to me. It was basically Starlord's movie. Yondu was great. But I think Gamora was underused. Drax was useless...as was Baby Groot. Nebula had an interesting storyline but that actresses performance was not good.

    It sounds like I'm being really hard on it...I had fun with it... But I just wanted to love it, and I didn't.
    I loved it. I really liked the first too, but this was on another level for me. It was legitimately funny, it looked great, it was a lot of fun, and it was actually kind of moving in the third act. They were able to really explore the characters that we were introduced to in the first movie. I think it's right there with the first Avengers as my favourite in the Marvel universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (05-11-2017)

  10. #2024
    All Star z3r0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,199
    Thanks
    903
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 949 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I love squeals. Really shows you that she's enjoying what you're doing.
    welp, damn

  11. #2025
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,946
    Thanks
    1,170
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 4,763 Posts
    Every Marvel movie is either awful or just mediocre. Literally all of them.

  12. #2026
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,779
    Thanks
    734
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Every Marvel movie is either awful or just mediocre. Literally all of them.
    Incorrect. The Winter Soldier is amazing.

  13. #2027
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,415
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Every Marvel movie is either awful or just mediocre. Literally all of them.
    I'm a DC guy personally, but Marvel has had a few good movies:

    The first 3 X-men movies.
    The last couple Captain America series (especially Civil War).
    The first couple Iron Man movies.

  14. #2028
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,946
    Thanks
    1,170
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 4,763 Posts
    I lied. I just saw Logan this week and it was awesome.

    Everything else you two mentioned is just mediocre though.

  15. #2029
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    37,584
    Thanks
    39,290
    Thanked 7,668 Times in 5,886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    It was pretty heartbreaking and eye opening, even for me who knew about a lot of this stuff beforehand. Just hearing how dishonest the feminists in this film were and just how unwilling they were to even entertain an opposing argument was enraging. I highly recommend that people watch it if they can. It really doesn't try to be biased.
    Excellent 10/10

  16. #2030
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,963
    Thanks
    14,139
    Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    I lied. I just saw Logan this week and it was awesome.

    Everything else you two mentioned is just mediocre though.
    Depends what you consider a "Marvel" movie. All the X-Men movies are produced by 20th Century Fox Marvel Entertainment not Marvel Studios/Disney and therefore exist in a seperate continuity from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The MCU movies seem to have a pretty consistent floor (hasn't been a true stinker since Hulk) but I agree with you that they generally don't aim very high either. Captain America: Civil War was pretty damn good though. I'd certainly elevate that above the field.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"

  17. #2031
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,035
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Depends what you consider a "Marvel" movie. All the X-Men movies are produced by 20th Century Fox Marvel Entertainment not Marvel Studios/Disney and therefore exist in a seperate continuity from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The MCU movies seem to have a pretty consistent floor (hasn't been a true stinker since Hulk) but I agree with you that they generally don't aim very high either. Captain America: Civil War was pretty damn good though. I'd certainly elevate that above the field.
    I even liked the first Fantsatic 4 movie before Fox went fucking bizarro on it. 2nd one sucked... the attempted reboot was downright shit.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  18. #2032
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,478
    Thanks
    2,029
    Thanked 7,705 Times in 4,805 Posts
    Idk what you guys are talking about, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome, just as good as the first one, and it had more Gamora, mmmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.



  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (05-13-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •