Page 1390 of 2462 FirstFirst ... 3908901290134013801388138913901391139214001440149018902390 ... LastLast
Results 22,225 to 22,240 of 39392

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Team SG has closed recruitment due to a lack of qualified candidates.

High five, Speedy!
    The Speedydumns
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Team SG has closed recruitment due to a lack of qualified candidates.

High five, Speedy!
    They hate us cuz they aint us...Lookin' at you Boxy

Thanks
    Thanked 6,556 Times in 5,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I'm not recognising the "Costanzas" period. First of all, Chappy got jealous and decided to name himself and similar misfits something to fit in, secondly it sounds dumb. Min and BTS are Normans, and the young annoying trio are Howies.
    I'm a one man wolf pack!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,711 Times in 1,015 Posts
    This may come of as clique elitist (clique-litist? there's a pun in here somewhere...) but you can't just form a name worthy forum clique, that has to be carefully fostered and earned.

The Darrells were formed since there was a need for a beacon of hope and reason at the old cesspool of a board.

The Normans came to fruition because BTS and I subtly undermined the Darrells reign, while also gaining their begrudging respect. There was also a need to acknowledge the group of (two) individuals who represented all that is good at this board, while also being superior fantasy players and handsome fellows.

The Howie's are young and annoying, but invaluable to the board. They also resemble some sort of boyband, so they get their clique.

TCA and Spanky also have some semblance of an (unnamed) clique, because they get drunk and do regrettable things. It's the perfect combination of entertainment, regret and concern. I'd also would not oppose an east-coast clique being formed, but only if we call them the Donair's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Yes. There's only one Real min.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TRM For This Useful Post:

BTS (03-12-2015),GD (03-12-2015),King (03-12-2015),NorthOf49 (03-12-2015),Spanky99 (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,836 Times in 4,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMin View Post
    This may come of as clique elitist (clique-litist? there's a pun in here somewhere...) but you can't just form a name worthy forum clique, that has to be carefully fostered and earned.

The Darrells were formed since there was a need for a beacon of hope and reason at the old cesspool of a board.

The Normans came to fruition because BTS and I subtly undermined the Darrells reign, while also gaining their begrudging respect. There was also a need to acknowledge the group of (two) individuals who represented all that is good at this board, while also being superior fantasy players and handsome fellows.

The Howie's are young and annoying, but invaluable to the board. They also resemble some sort of boyband, so they get their clique.

TCA and Spanky also have some semblance of an (unnamed) clique, because they get drunk and do regrettable things. It's the perfect combination of entertainment, regret and concern. I'd also would not oppose an east-coast clique being formed, but only if we call them the Donair's.
    The Normans came to fruition because they wanted to be Darrells but didn't make the cut. They formed a new clique and vowed vengeance (which never happened).

I feel like TCA and Spank could be the Barneys but I'm not going to pretend I am capable of deeming such a thing to be so. Unlike "The Costanzas"
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,118 Times in 6,672 Posts
    The Normans came to fruition because they wanted to be Darrells but didn't make the cut. They formed a new clique and vowed vengeance (which never happened).
    I would say our superior DDL performance has been at least some measure of vengeance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

TRM (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,711 Times in 1,015 Posts
    History is written by the victors. As far as the DDL goes (which is all that matters in life, really) the Normans are the victors.

Also, I wasn't even around or relevant when the Darrells were formed, so I couldn't have have ever not made the cut.
    Yes. There's only one Real min.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,426 Posts

I feel like TCA and Spank could be the Barneys but I'm not going to pretend I am capable of deeming such a thing to be so. Unlike "The Costanzas"
    #Free Speech

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cats Ass For This Useful Post:

Frag (03-12-2015),Spanky99 (03-12-2015),TRM (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    lol...oh fuck, that killed me!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMin View Post

Pfffttt...concern.

Thanks
    How about a new clique called the Andrews. Every Andrew/Andy/Drew/etc. on this board is welcome. Just to make our clique sound cooler, our mascot will be an Android.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthOf49 View Post
    Which clique will have the best average win% this year?

Seems like it could be a close race. The Darrells and Howies are loaded while you might need to carry Spittin (although I think his team is decent) and the Norman's are disadvantaged with the Orioles.
    We are still recruiting. A few people to consider.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,052 Posts
    lol...oh fuck, that killed me!
    You will forever be known as a Barney.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chappy For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Can someone tell me when we have to have our rosters injury compliant by? I mean where only really injured players can be on our DL. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,118 Times in 6,672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3113 View Post
    Can someone tell me when we have to have our rosters injury compliant by? I mean where only really injured players can be on our DL. Thanks.
    There's no monitoring of this. Fantrax won't let you make roster moves with active players on the IR.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

ace3113 (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 Times in 2,268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JFaS View Post
    Frag, Dinger, and Abom?
    This doesn't make any sense. You and Frag are the robots/cyborgs, you can't join other groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez