Page 1715 of 2739 FirstFirst ... 71512151615166517051713171417151716171717251765181522152715 ... LastLast
Results 27,425 to 27,440 of 43817

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #27425
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,732
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 12,271 Times in 7,354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Ooh, nice. Givens, Ross (SP/RP!), Manship, Cotts isn't an awful haul.
    That's pretty decent actually. A bunch of guys you wouldn't mind in your pen.

    I've been content just to trade for guys I like. Traded for Street, Robertson, Benoit, and David Carpenter.

  2. #27426
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,354
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    Yeah, between those guys and DRA stud Mike Pelfrey, as well as next Pollock Mikie Mahtook, I've been more productive on the waiver wire than North while spending about 50 fewer hours on it. Should've kept Guti, though, will give him that.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  3. #27427
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,354
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    I was going to feel bad about my North dig and then he brought up Matt fucking Barnes
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  4. #27428
    All Star NorthOf49's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,743
    Thanks
    3,475
    Thanked 3,467 Times in 2,478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Yeah, between those guys and DRA stud Mike Pelfrey, as well as next Pollock Mikie Mahtook, I've been more productive on the waiver wire than North while spending about 50 fewer hours on it. Should've kept Guti, though, will give him that.
    Starting pitchers that I added on the wire and still own:

    In rotations
    - Doubie
    - Cody
    - Wolf
    - Lamb
    - Morgan
    - Chacin

    Injured
    - Frias
    - Wright
    - Flores
    - Harrison
    - Peacock

    Have made starts this year
    - Thomas
    - Barnes
    - Odrisamer

  5. #27429
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,732
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 12,271 Times in 7,354 Posts
    I think I made less than 10 waiver adds this year, and three (Harris, Richard, Santana) will be on my team next year. EFFECIENCY.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    GD (09-23-2015)

  7. #27430
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,354
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthOf49 View Post
    Starting pitchers that I added on the wire and still own:

    In rotations
    - Doubie
    - Cody
    - Wolf
    - Lamb
    - Morgan
    - Chacin

    Injured
    - Frias
    - Wright
    - Flores
    - Harrison
    - Peacock

    Have made starts this year
    - Thomas
    - Barnes
    - Odrisamer
    yeah but they're all fucking terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

    BTS (09-23-2015),Dr. Dinger (09-23-2015),Orgfiller (09-23-2015)

  9. #27431
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,354
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I think I made less than 10 waiver adds this year, and three (Harris, Richard, Santana) will be on my team next year. EFFECIENCY.
    Efficiency is key. I'll be at around 6 with like 15 adds or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  10. #27432
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,732
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 12,271 Times in 7,354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Efficiency is key. I'll be at around 6 with like 15 adds or so.
    And unlike north we get to go outside. And make the playoffs.

  11. #27433
    All Star Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,106
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 961 Posts
    Can't believe I claimed Forsythe for free and then dropped him .

  12. #27434
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,303
    Thanks
    1,580
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Has anyone else found a bunch of relievers on the waiver wire pretty easily this year? I've gotten a 44 FIP- out of Mychal Givens this year for free.
    Madson and Lowe were waiver wire pickups for me.

  13. #27435
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,732
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 12,271 Times in 7,354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Can't believe I claimed Forsythe for free and then dropped him .
    Holy shit, probably the biggest LOD mistake to date?

  14. #27436
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,634
    Thanks
    2,433
    Thanked 6,673 Times in 4,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Holy shit, probably the biggest LOD mistake to date?
    I grabbed JBJ for free and dropped him, no one has called me on that one yet.

  15. #27437
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,354
    Thanks
    12,065
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    And unlike north we get to go outside. And make the playoffs.
    Absolutely roasted

    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Holy shit, probably the biggest LOD mistake to date?
    No. Half the league owned Guti, he got passed around like... idk, North's mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  16. #27438
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,732
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 12,271 Times in 7,354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I grabbed JBJ for free and dropped him, no one has called me on that one yet.
    That's bad, but he might still suck.

    I haven't dropped a single player that's been added by anyone else. I maneuver the LOD in a constant state of fear and paranoia.

  17. #27439
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,634
    Thanks
    2,433
    Thanked 6,673 Times in 4,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    That's bad, but he might still suck.

    I haven't dropped a single player that's been added by anyone else. I maneuver the LOD in a constant state of fear and paranoia.
    He was slashing like .220/.200 when I dropped him, so the breakout was rather unexpected. I certainly hope he still sucks.

  18. #27440
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,634
    Thanks
    2,433
    Thanked 6,673 Times in 4,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthOf49 View Post
    GD, I traded you Big Pelf. You don't get to take credit for picking him up lol
    Why TF would anyone brag about picking him up?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •