Page 2796 of 2989 FirstFirst ... 1796229626962746278627942795279627972798280628462896 ... LastLast
Results 44,721 to 44,736 of 47812

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Seattle

Infield
    It's one of the best infields, with strength at all five positions. While Beltre and Mauer are on the decline, the rest should be good for many years to come. Plus, Frazier is there for depth as well.

Outfield
    The outfield has talent, but is also very inconsistent, with multiple players who could have great years or terrible years. In fact, Eddie Rosario may be the most consistent of them all.

Starters
    Kluber is a great start to any rotation, but it gets a little thin from there, especially with the injury to Nelson who is only projected to start 20 games.They could probably use one more starter to sway the balance of the starter counting stats.

Relievers
    Betances became mortal, and Britton's going to miss a good chunk of the season. After that the bullpen gets a little thin, with some holds, but not great ratios.

Depth
    Most of the prospects have graduated, and there's still a smattering of talent, but not the soon-to-be stars they once boasted. Seattle has also traded off their top picks for 2018, so there won't be much trade chips there.

Suggested Trade
    While the bullpen can likely hold tight until Britton returns, the team looks as if they could use another consistent starter. With Frazier available, Beltre is somewhat redundant, and could be traded for a reasonable starter.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,000 Posts
    If anyone's looking for promising OF bats, I've got Eric Thames impersonator Nick Williams up for sale!

And no, I'm not looking at Garrett Connor.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

Thanks
    Houston

Infield:
    The infield won't help them to compete this year, but some maturity from Olson and JP Crawford could help them compete soon. There's not a ton of support looming for the other spots.

Outfield:
    The outfield is very interesting with Verdugo, Altherr, Winker and Zimmer. All four could be stars, but likely need to develop for another couple of years, before significantly contributing.

Starters:
    There's six starters with Mahle and Godley projected to be above average. There's no blue chip youngsters with the rest, but they could improve much like Godley.

Relievers:
    There's not a lot here to work with as expected with most rebuilding teams. But Yimi Garcia could be a tradable commodity with a bounce-back year.

Depth:
    Most of the prospects have graduated to the big team, but there's still a few minor talents that could emerge.

Advice:
    Houston is beginning to reap the rewards of the rebuild but is still a year or two away from being a serious contender. They need to stay the course, and continue developing young players.

Suggested Trade:
    The Astros should look to pick up 2019 picks now, when they're cheap. There's a few lesser pieces they could part with, and they could consider trading Godley away for a decent haul, but otherwise, they're doing exactly what they should be.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-27-2017)

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    Your box is stuffed
    I see what your doing there.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Also the waiver wire in this league is really underrated for picking up capable relievers.
    Giles
    Alvarado
    Melancon
    Kahnle
    Greene
    Givens
    Neris

Not a bad bullpen and 3 of them were ww pickups

Thanks
    Texas

Infield:
    The emergence of Happy makes a big difference. Texas still needs a 3B, and there's a couple of teams with extra 3B floating around out there. Catcher isn't great, but most teams have a similar problem.

Outfield:
    Bryce and Khris Davis are gonna do all of the damage as it stands. Another outfielder getting regular time wouldn't hurt, but it's a relatively easy position to find.

Starters:
    Projected for at least six starters next year, and above average ratios from the looks of things. Verlander has had a resurgence when many thought he was finished. Lynn, Salazar and Nova could all be above average.

Relievers:
    Knebel should get some decent saves, but after him there isn't much. Oh has faded, and there's a few holds here and there, with lackluster ratios.

Depth:
    They have David Dahl, Willie Calhoun, and a few fringish pitching prospects, as well as all of their draft picks.

Advice:
    This team is a contender, and as such needs to make deals to fix their 3B problem as well as fix their bullpen, and maybe even snag an outfielder. With their draft picks and prospects, they should be able to do it without dealing from their MLB roster.

Suggested Trade:
    Willie Calhoun for a 3rd baseman and a reliever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,888 Times in 2,600 Posts
    Brad (Chicago): Both Gore and Baez seem to have immense upside - how close was the separation between the two? Did any scouts make a case for Baez above Gore?

Kyle Glaser: No, but that is more of a reflection of how highly they regard Gore than any knock on Baez

_____

Brent (Canada): Surprised to see Tatis over Gore, especially after Gore showcased his elite arsenal after the draft. Why rank Tatis above Gore?

Kyle Glaser: Tatis is at Double-A having shown he can star in full season ball and hold up over a full season. Gore, as amazing as he was, pitched 21.1 innings in rookie ball. The competition – and durability – level isn’t comparable. You’ll see both haveelite grades when you get your prospect handbook, but the risk factor attached to both is very different.

_____

HoosierPadreFan (Indiana): The Padres like to move guys quicker than other teams that I follow around MLB. If you had to guess, where does Gore start and finish the 2018 season? Thanks!

Kyle Glaser: I expect he’ll start at Fort Wayne and I give him a shot to finish at Lake Elsinore

_____

Arturo (Los Angeles): How would you grade this past year's draft class? Who from that class outside of Gore do you see climbing up the organization's prospect rankings?

Kyle Glaser: Last year’s class rates pretty well. Gore is elite, Campusano and Hunt provide some needed catching in the system, and Mason House is someone to really keep an eye on

Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 Times in 1,845 Posts
    David Freese, Jake Thompson, Garrett Cooper and AJ Cole on the block as depth pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 6,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    David Freese, Jake Thompson, Garrett Cooper and AJ Cole on the block as depth pieces.
    You mean THE Garrett Cooper, lol. JFL's got Cooper burned in everyone's head, I assume you mean Amir Garrett...
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 Times in 1,845 Posts
    No I mean Garrett Cooper after jfl drops him and I pick him up at no cost.

But I am accepting offers on Amir as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    Welcome to the LOD MikeM.

I have sent 3 trade offers to you in fantrax when you get a chance to review.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,835 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Welcome to the LOD MikeM.

I have sent 3 trade offers to you in fantrax when you get a chance to review.
    How loud are wok's footsteps getting behind you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Behind him? I think that might be looking in the wrong direction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Yeah. When I was coming up with my off-season strategy I thought I had one more year before I needed to worry about Wok or Abom. Didn't think Wok would start cashing in his assets for win now pieces.

I still like my team more although it's close.

I'm also considering cashing in Garrett Cooper for a win now piece so that should help.

Thanks
    Let the hype train begin...

31. Mackenzie Gore, LHP Padres | Level: Rk | 2017 Stats: 0-1, 21.1 IP, 1.27 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 34 K, 7 Bb

The third overall pick in the draft might arguably be the better prospect between he and fellow superstar hurler Hunter Greene. A lefty with an arsenal of four above average or better pitches, a prototype frame, and great athleticism that allows him to repeat his off the wall mechanics. Gore dominated rookie ball, and could be one of the more hyped pitching prospects of all time when he finally reaches the bigs. Elite talent.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Yeah. When I was coming up with my off-season strategy I thought I had one more year before I needed to worry about Wok or Abom. Didn't think Wok would start cashing in his assets for win now pieces.

I still like my team more although it's close.

I'm also considering cashing in Garrett Cooper for a win now piece so that should help.
    Does a 2160 6th round pick peak your interest for Cooper
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!