• NYY
    DET
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • BOS 0
    MIN 0
    Pre-Game
    1:05 PM ET
  • TB
    PIT
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    STL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • HOU
    WSH
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    PHI
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    ATL
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIL
    CHC
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    CWS
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • CLE
    CIN
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • OAK
    LAA
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • SF
    MIL
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL
    ARI
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SD
    SEA
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
Page 2957 of 3085 FirstFirst ... 1957245728572907294729552956295729582959296730073057 ... LastLast
Results 47,297 to 47,312 of 49348

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #47297
    DONOR spittin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 233 Times in 163 Posts
    Ok sorry for the delay I selected Enyel De Le Santos.

  2. #47298
    Prospect Condor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I'll be picking at the earliest 1245pm if Spittin pick's.
    I sent you an offer for the pick

  3. #47299
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    3,350
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Can you please post the scathing review of Austin Beck JFL?

    Track Record: Beck tore the ACL and meniscus in his left knee as a junior in high school but rebounded with a brilliant senior year in which he hit .590 with 12 homers and 38 RBIs in 28 games. The Athletics drafted Beck with the sixth overall pick in 2017 and signed him for $5.3 million to pass up a North Carolina commitment.

    Scouting Report: Beck didn't enjoy much success in the Rookie-level Arizona League after signing, hitting .211 with a 29 percent strikeout rate. He lacks polish at the plate, but the A's love his combination of bat speed and plus raw power. He has the plus speed to play center field and be a threat on the basepaths. His plus arm rounds out an enticing profile. For all his tools, Beck's stint in the AZL revealed a tendency to chase pitches, and he'll need to improve his plate discipline significantly as he moves through the system.

    The Future: Beck figures to begin 2018 in either extended spring training or at low Class A Beloit, depending on his camp performance. An explosive, strong athlete, he has the ability become a mainstay in the Oakland outfield, but only if he can lock in his plate discipline to fulfill his power potential.

    Read more at https://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...q9W97oWJxmG.99

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Maahfaace (01-17-2018)

  5. #47300
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    3,350
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Anyone else want a scouting report?

  6. #47301
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    3,350
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Bryan Mata
    One thing that really stood out about Mata to me was how ugly he was. Pizza face with braces.

    _____


    Track Record: Signed for $25,000, Mata has stood out since entering the system for the maturity of both his stuff and demeanor, traits that earned him a late-May assignment at low Class A Greenville, making him the youngest pitcher in the South Atlantic League.

    Scouting Report: Mata's clean delivery allows him to attack the strike zone with a three-pitch mix anchored by a four-seamer that typically sits at 91-92 mph, tops out at 94 mph, and has a chance to gain additional ticks as he fills out. His arm speed and consistent release point create good sell on a changeup that has late fade, creating the potential for a plus offering that he uses for swings and misses. Though his 77-78 mph curveball hasn't been a swing-and-miss offering, it has depth and he can throw it for strikes. Projected command will allow his pitch mix to play up.

    The Future: As an 18-year-old, Mata showed the potential to advance quickly. If his breaking ball doesn't progress, then his future may be in the bullpen. But if he gains more consistency with the pitch while gaining additional power on his fastball, he has the upside of a No. 3 or No. 4 starter.

    Read more at https://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...ojOOs4x2Wy2.99

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    BTS (01-17-2018),Dr. Dinger (01-17-2018),P2F (01-17-2018)

  8. #47302
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,395
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 6,074 Times in 3,462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I think he'll grow into his power. Had a lot of extra base hits in his rookie season and also some speed (10SB's). KC's No. 1 spect right now.
    Joey Votto light. He was number 3 on my 2017 draftee list.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    jaysblue (01-17-2018)

  10. #47303
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,833
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    One thing that really stood out about Mata to me was how ugly he was. Pizza face with braces.

    _____


    Track Record: Signed for $25,000, Mata has stood out since entering the system for the maturity of both his stuff and demeanor, traits that earned him a late-May assignment at low Class A Greenville, making him the youngest pitcher in the South Atlantic League.

    Scouting Report: Mata's clean delivery allows him to attack the strike zone with a three-pitch mix anchored by a four-seamer that typically sits at 91-92 mph, tops out at 94 mph, and has a chance to gain additional ticks as he fills out. His arm speed and consistent release point create good sell on a changeup that has late fade, creating the potential for a plus offering that he uses for swings and misses. Though his 77-78 mph curveball hasn't been a swing-and-miss offering, it has depth and he can throw it for strikes. Projected command will allow his pitch mix to play up.

    The Future: As an 18-year-old, Mata showed the potential to advance quickly. If his breaking ball doesn't progress, then his future may be in the bullpen. But if he gains more consistency with the pitch while gaining additional power on his fastball, he has the upside of a No. 3 or No. 4 starter.

    Read more at https://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...ojOOs4x2Wy2.99
    Stop it. You're decreasing the trade value of the players on my team.

  11. #47304
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    3,350
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Stop it. You're decreasing the trade value of the players on my team.
    Just returning the favor after your Kyle Crick comment.

    Like if I knew he was a pimple faced mexican with braces I would have completely removed him from my board. The Chicago White Sox will not roster anyone under a 3/10 in the physical attractiveness scale.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Dinger (01-17-2018)

  13. #47305
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,757
    Thanks
    3,631
    Thanked 4,766 Times in 3,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Just returning the favor after your Kyle Crick comment.

    Like if I knew he was a pimple faced mexican with braces I would have completely removed him from my board. The Chicago White Sox will not roster anyone under a 3/10 in the physical attractiveness scale.
    Said the C.C. Sabathia owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

    jays4life19 (01-17-2018)

  15. #47306
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    3,350
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Said the C.C. Sabathia owner.
    C.C reminds me of a giant teddy bear. Extra soft and squishy. He's a solid 3.5/10

  16. #47307
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,833
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Just returning the favor after your Kyle Crick comment.

    Like if I knew he was a pimple faced mexican with braces I would have completely removed him from my board. The Chicago White Sox will not roster anyone under a 3/10 in the physical attractiveness scale.
    Uglier the better. Then they have less chance of being distracted by females. I'd draft the son of Otis Nixon if I could.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    Boxcar (01-17-2018),intentional wok (01-17-2018),jays4life19 (01-17-2018),P2F (01-17-2018),Spanky99 (01-17-2018)

  18. #47308
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,928
    Thanks
    42,640
    Thanked 8,194 Times in 6,301 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Uglier the better. Then they have less chance of being distracted by females. I'd draft the son of Otis Nixon if I could.
    Hahaha.... AG Gold right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  19. #47309
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,928
    Thanks
    42,640
    Thanked 8,194 Times in 6,301 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    glad I didn't trade with King (which I sent at probably 2:00 am his time). Pratto was who I was after.
    So Midnight your time?
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  20. #47310
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,395
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 6,074 Times in 3,462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    So Midnight your time?
    Yep and even more fun. I was still in a meeting. It's bad enough that it gets dark at 4 pm (and sun doesn't full come out until 9:30 still) fully evening meetings are sucking the life out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  21. #47311
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,928
    Thanks
    42,640
    Thanked 8,194 Times in 6,301 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Yep and even more fun. I was still in a meeting. It's bad enough that it gets dark at 4 pm (and sun doesn't full come out until 9:30 still) fully evening meetings are sucking the life out of me.
    Ewww... that'll do it, why so late? Also, you see the sun where you're at?
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  22. #47312
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    3,350
    Thanked 4,129 Times in 2,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Uglier the better. Then they have less chance of being distracted by females. I'd draft the son of Otis Nixon if I could.
    Okok you win. Can't argue with that logic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •