Page 2890 of 2975 FirstFirst ... 189023902790284028802888288928902891289229002940 ... LastLast
Results 46,225 to 46,240 of 47592

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #46225
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JG34 View Post
    Every time I enter this thread I see j4l19 talking Gore. Lol
    He drafted him so it probably won't stop anytime soon lol

  2. #46226
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,861
    Thanks
    3,671
    Thanked 12,827 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    You don't have a huge selection in these drafts though. Most helium guys and mid-season breakouts have long been owned. The draft is going to consist primarily of new draftees and teenage Latinos.
    I started my draft prep thinking guys like Scott Kingery, Tatis Jr., Jesus Sanchez, Florial, and Franklin Perez would be available. The board is a lot smaller than I expected to be because of a bunch of smart late round picks in previous years. There's also nothing like Lourdes Gurriel, Byung-Ho Park, and Hyun-Soo Kim, who were all MLB ready (or close to it) in previous years and went in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  3. #46227
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,026
    Thanks
    3,208
    Thanked 3,879 Times in 2,592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JG34 View Post
    Every time I enter this thread I see j4l19 talking Gore. Lol
    My bad.

  4. #46228
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I started my draft prep thinking guys like Scott Kingery, Tatis Jr., Jesus Sanchez, Florial, and Franklin Perez would be available. The board is a lot smaller than I expected to be because of a bunch of smart late round picks in previous years. There's also nothing like Lourdes Gurriel, Byung-Ho Park, and Hyun-Soo Kim, who were all MLB ready (or close to it) in previous years and went in the first round.
    Florial will hopefully be the LoD Yankees first RL Yankees star

  5. #46229
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,861
    Thanks
    3,671
    Thanked 12,827 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Dustin Pedroia could be available for a 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  6. #46230
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,419
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 2,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I started my draft prep thinking guys like Scott Kingery, Tatis Jr., Jesus Sanchez, Florial, and Franklin Perez would be available. The board is a lot smaller than I expected to be because of a bunch of smart late round picks in previous years. There's also nothing like Lourdes Gurriel, Byung-Ho Park, and Hyun-Soo Kim, who were all MLB ready (or close to it) in previous years and went in the first round.
    Yeah, the best you can hope for is to win the jackpot with one of those guys in the later rounds, all of the top 15-30 international guys available will be drafted here, and one or two of them are bound to turn into next year's Tatis Jr. and Florial, but the despair will be real because every other guy will flame out before we're even through May.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

    BTS (01-12-2018),KingKat (01-12-2018),Spanky99 (01-12-2018)

  8. #46231
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    2,165
    Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    My paint skills are really taking off.
    Don't we have a LoD emblem that zer0s' wife worked really hard on?

  9. #46232
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    Don't we have a LoD emblem that zer0s' wife worked really hard on?
    I have no idea but this was an excuse to show off my even better version of my LoD draft av

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (01-12-2018),P2F (01-12-2018),SirBJay (01-12-2018),Spanky99 (01-12-2018),TheHurl (01-12-2018)

  11. #46233
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,419
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 4,637 Times in 2,944 Posts
    KingKat drafted Nick Delmonico last year at 179, i.e. second-last pick. That's practically an elite selection in this league lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  12. #46234
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,270
    Thanks
    944
    Thanked 6,025 Times in 3,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Yeah, the best you can hope for is to win the jackpot with one of those guys in the later rounds, all of the top 15-30 international guys available will be drafted here, and one or two of them are bound to turn into next year's Tatis Jr. and Florial, but the despair will be real because every other guy will flame out before we're even through May.
    Those guys were 2015 Internationals. There are still 18 guys from that top 40 which are undrafted. No need to hit the 16 year olds yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  13. #46235
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,026
    Thanks
    3,208
    Thanked 3,879 Times in 2,592 Posts
    I know this doesn't matter but it's kind of funny that Hiura has CF eligibility in fantrax right now.

  14. #46236
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,505
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,517 Posts
    Trying to decide on 2 players. Also talking trade with someone and that pick might be involved

  15. #46237
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Royals #3 prospect 3B Hunter Dozier is available

  16. #46238
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,026
    Thanks
    3,208
    Thanked 3,879 Times in 2,592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    Royals #3 prospect 3B Hunter Dozier is available
    #3 according to who?

  17. #46239
    All Star SirBJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maple
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    2,716
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Gore is not your typical rookie ball pitcher. 4 plus pitches already with plus plus control.
    And a plus plus injury risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

  18. #46240
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    #3 according to who?
    Don't

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •