Page 3049 of 3076 FirstFirst ... 20492549294929993039304730483049305030513059 ... LastLast
Results 48,769 to 48,784 of 49204

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 4,096 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    You better hope its not Wok....
    Completely off topic but i just chopped a bunch of your garlic and i'm making some garlic bread and it smells delicious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    If every owner in the league rejects an Adam Jones trade offer, one of you all could Moneyball the system by finally accepting, thus finding a market inefficiency.

And BTW, Adam Jones among others is on the block.
    I could use him but not prepared to pay nearly what was asked.

Prospect
    Thanks
    Don't really understand the Adam Jones hate. The guy is about as consistent as it gets for a CF. Were fine keeping the man. We don't think it is out of the realm to ask for a couple picks or some good prospects.

I mean he still ranks high on dynasty lists and is still solid production.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by williamrecruiter View Post
    Don't really understand the Adam Jones hate. The guy is about as consistent as it gets for a CF. Were fine keeping the man. We don't think it is out of the realm to ask for a couple picks or some good prospects.

Look no further than this explanation:

Adam Jones = Baltimore Orioles... Toronto Blue Jays board.

Thanks

I might be interested.

Send me a list of some prospects you like on my team and i'll cook a trade offer up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 861 Posts

He's not bad but he's really only contributes to the power categories and is heading into an age where even that could begin to fall off. Again, I could use him, but not someone I'm going to mortgage a huge chunk of my future for.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,014 Times in 7,769 Posts

I would be happy to roster Adam Jones, but I feel like his owners are on borrowed time: his big fantasy skill is collecting counting stats, and at 32 his skills have eroded to the point that teams shouldn't really want him playing every day. Teams have become pretty good at not running below average players out there for 650 PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I could use him but not prepared to pay nearly what was asked.
    Sometimes we throw out big opening offers but they are just openers. If you have some real interest in him we might be able to work something out. Shoot us an offer. Looking to add an Odirrizzi or something to Jones and maybe improve SP.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,747 Times in 3,007 Posts

Have you tried not offering him in combination with 2-3 other players just like him for elite assets? No I don't want half of the Orioles roster for Clayton Kershaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    I used to own Adam Jones in this league. Perfectly serviceable CF, would own again, not a headliner for a top 50 player.
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Sometimes we throw out big opening offers but they are just openers. If you have some real interest in him we might be able to work something out. Shoot us an offer. Looking to add an Odirrizzi or something to Jones and maybe improve SP.
    Poor Odorizzi might be the SP with the biggest hit to his value in LoD relative to our usual yahoo 7 x 7s. GB rate and FIP instead of ERA are brutal on him.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Poor Odorizzi might be the SP with the biggest hit to his value in LoD relative to our usual yahoo 7 x 7s. GB rate and FIP instead of ERA are brutal on him.
    Yeah FIP beaters get murdered in this league. Guys like Estrada, Hellickson, Odorizzi, etc. are valuable but take big hits due to the scoring system. Not that I'm complaining, it's just how it is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Yeah FIP beaters get murdered in this league. Guys like Estrada, Hellickson, Odorizzi, etc. are valuable but take big hits due to the scoring system. Not that I'm complaining, it's just how it is.
    You can add Mr. Dan Straily to that list.

Pretty good in real life, but friggen terrible in this format.

Thanks
    Yet another reminder that FIP is dumn and we should be using ERA.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

SirBJay (02-12-2018)

Prospect
    Thanks
    There is nothing wrong with a Adam Jones, Gausman, Baez, and Chapman offer for Kershaw! You act is if we tried to slap you in the face. Very fair IMO. I can understand you not wanting to do it but very respectable.

Oh BTW we still have a nice trade block!

Thanks
    There is nothing wrong with a Adam Jones, Gausman, Baez, and Chapman offer for Kershaw! You act is if we tried to slap you in the face. Very fair IMO. I can understand you not wanting to do it but very respectable.

Oh BTW we still have a nice trade block!
    Replace Gausman with Max Scherzer and you may be onto something.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (02-12-2018)