Page 3051 of 3076 FirstFirst ... 20512551295130013041304930503051305230533061 ... LastLast
Results 48,801 to 48,816 of 49204

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 4,747 Times in 3,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    I replied to your PM.
    Don't do it friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    So you guys don't mind trading me Machado for Ketel Marte, Chase Anderson, and Jason Kipnis? Excellent. Let's do business.
    I offered Belt, Wentz, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd for Rendon. Told wasn't nearly close enough value wise....

Traded Rendon for Myers straight up 3 days later........
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,014 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    I offered Belt, Wentz, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd for Rendon. Told wasn't nearly close enough value wise....

Traded Rendon for Myers straight up 3 days later........
    I could see preferring Myers to that package given Belt's concussion issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I could see preferring Myers to that package given Belt's concussion issues.
    lol at worrying about concussion history in baseball.....unless you are a catcher, it's probably the least likely injury to occur for any player in a non-contact sport.

Thanks
    lol at worrying about concussion history in baseball.....unless you are a catcher, it's probably the least likely injury to occur for any player in a non-contact sport.
    Tell that to Justin Morneau. Dude still hasn't played since being concussed for the 4th time in his career. I definitely wouldn't be buying.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    One concussion can screw you up for the rest of your career lol.
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 2,109 Posts
    Tell that to Justin Morneau. Dude still hasn't played since being concussed for the 4th time in his career. I definitely wouldn't be buying.
    Or Mauer, who has really dropped off.

Thanks
    I think Morneau actually retired now, which is really sad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    One concussion can screw you up for the rest of your career lol.
    I've had several, but I don't have any lasting side effects that I can remember.

Thanks
    It's not even a remotely common issue, stating "tell that to Justin Morneau" is akin to referencing a historic terrorist attack to rationalize a fear of it happening to you in the future. What was it last year? 8 guys with "potential" concussion symptoms? Belt's chance of another concussion being greater than any other MLB player is statistically insignificant.

But maybe I can use your irrational hypochondriac nature to my advantage in trade discussions with you, any players that you roster you be a worrying about there BTS?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I think Morneau actually retired now, which is really sad.
    His story is so sad. He had a 183 wRC+ and 5 fWAR after 81 games in his age-29 season. Then he got concussed and would only put up 3.2 fWAR the rest of his career.

Thanks
    It's not even a remotely common issue, stating "tell that to Justin Morneau" is akin to referencing a historic terrorist attack to rationalize a fear of it happening to you in the future. What was it last year? 8 guys with "potential" concussion symptoms? Belt's chance of another concussion being greater than any other MLB player is statistically insignificant.

But maybe I can use your irrational hypochondriac nature to my advantage in trade discussions with you, any players that you roster you be a worrying about there BTS?
    It's not the chance of another concussion you have to worry about, it's the potential for lingering effects from the 4 he's suffered. He hasn't played a game since the last one. And it's not just Morneau who got one and concussed and was never the same after - that happens to athletes in all sports. His value should be certainly be discounted to reflect that - you've experienced one team do it already.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,187 Times in 6,295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    If every owner in the league rejects an Adam Jones trade offer, one of you all could Moneyball the system by finally accepting, thus finding a market inefficiency.

And BTW, Adam Jones among others is on the block.
    Sending me an Adam Jones offer for Suarez and a 1st, after trading you guys Inciarte that I kept my word(in a full rebuild)l, as I was rejecting it?! This after I was told you guys would remember it for the future, not cool... that had me pissed the fuck off! I should've just kiboshed that trade as I intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

Thanks
    It's not the chance of another concussion you have to worry about, it's the potential for lingering effects from the 4 he's suffered. He hasn't played a game since the last one. And it's not just Morneau who got one and concussed and was never the same after - that happens to athletes in all sports. His value should be certainly be discounted to reflect that - you've experienced one team do it already.
    He says he's ready to go for spring training, with no lingering effects. And judging by the way he's played after each concussion (getting moar betterer) I'm not concerned in the least about it aside from his shit luck as all of them were freak occurrences.

My orignal point stands. Responding to the offer I made for Rendon as insulting/not worth the time, only to trade him for what the majority would argue is a lesser return (Belt is measurably better than Myers) just aided in further illustrating the confusion of valuations when dealing with the Reds in trade talks. Especially considering the interest in Belt was conveyed from their end in other discussions.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,096 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Going once, going twice on Kyle Schwarber...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Since we're getting close to the season, I wanted to briefly mention the optional buy-in again. Come join the Mets, White Sox, and Padres by putting your money where your mouth is.