Page 2903 of 3077 FirstFirst ... 1903240328032853289329012902290329042905291329533003 ... LastLast
Results 46,433 to 46,448 of 49231

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 8,188 Times in 6,296 Posts
    I'd look to trade another pitcher, but unlike other owners last year, I look to at least put a team on the field and meet requirements. (SirBJay , spittin, and another, I forget)

Which was supposed to go up for vote this off season?
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

Thanks
    Thanked 4,751 Times in 3,010 Posts
    Anyone interested in Vince Velasquez? Send me offers bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Sounds like you could use some Brett Anderson in your life
    No one is that desperate in January lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (01-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    No one is that desperate in January lol
    Touche.

Man, he was so good for me in 2014. 66 GB% he would win me that cat alone. He's been so useless for the last 2 years though.

Thanks
    I'm open to trading Kopech in a deal for a top of the line starter if anyone is interested
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    You had a team to win now though? Prospects are farts in the wind, some catch attention?
    I had a team that could contend and I think I am not far from being back there. I had a few pieces on my team that I really was not thrilled with and drafted them with the intention of trading them to get a team I liked
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I'm open to trading Kopech in a deal for a top of the line starter if anyone is interested
    wut

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (01-13-2018),LetTheBallFly (01-13-2018)

Thanks
    You had one lol.

Then you went CC---> Robles ---> Kopech.

I'm not sure why you would trade him now, but if you do, you know your brother would give you one of his SP's for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    TCA is still looking to trade this pick, fellas... acquire within, just spoke to him.
    Fuck off, seriously.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (01-13-2018)

Thanks
    You had one lol.

Then you went CC---> Robles ---> Kopech.

I'm not sure why you would trade him now, but if you do, you know your brother would give you one of his SP's for him.
    We never matchup well in trades though lol..

I really wanted someone other than Carrasco. If I keep the prospects I'm good with it though. Still think I can contend for a playoff spot so keeping my options open

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,189 Posts
    This might be the time to discuss potential rule changes (in terms of scoring.) JFaS never really wanted to make any.

I propose two changes.

1) I suggest trading batting average to hits. With the current setup, it encourages players to leave certain positions (catcher, shortstop, centefield) empty, as putting a lesser player in there, will do more damage to ratios, than they make up for with counting stats. By shifting avg to hits, it will shift the balance, so that players will be less likely to leave those positions empty.

2) I suggest that if a team does not make their minimum pitching requirements. (20 innings pitched, 2 starts) in any given week, they drop down one spot in the draft each time. This will encourage teams to at least set their lineups, adding a competitive balance to the league (instead of a team auto-winning all pitching cats), and discouraging intentional tanking.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,021 Times in 7,773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    This might be the time to discuss potential rule changes (in terms of scoring.) JFaS never really wanted to make any.

I propose two changes.

1) I suggest trading batting average to hits. With the current setup, it encourages players to leave certain positions (catcher, shortstop, centefield) empty, as putting a lesser player in there, will do more damage to ratios, than they make up for with counting stats. By shifting avg to hits, it will shift the balance, so that players will be less likely to leave those positions empty.

2) I suggest that if a team does not make their minimum pitching requirements. (20 innings pitched, 2 starts) in any given week, they drop down one spot in the draft each time. This will encourage teams to at least set their lineups, adding a competitive balance to the league (instead of a team auto-winning all pitching cats), and discouraging intentional tanking.
    As always, you’re free to start a poll. I’d probably vote in favour of the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 2,110 Posts

I propose two changes.

I'd be fine with changing runs created to hits, but not average (although with Zunino and Gallo it might help me a lot). As for 2 I somewhat agree, but on the condition that it's not due to a stupid amount of injuries given we can't just pluck someone off the FA list.

Thanks

I propose two changes.

I would vote for the first one. I don't love changing any of the rules because we build our teams based on the current scoring system so something like what Abom suggested I would be very against, but AVG to hits...sure, why not.

The second one is a little harsh, maybe if you miss your requirements back to back weeks you lose 1 spot. This gives teams time to scramble if poo hits the fan and injuries mount up to an already thin rotation.

Thanks

I propose two changes.

#2 seems ok as long as it doesn't penalize people who can't meet the requirement due to injuries etc. As long as it penalizes just tankers then I'm fine with it.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 2,110 Posts
    I don't love changing any of the rules because we build our teams based on the current scoring system so something like what Abom suggested I would be very against, but AVG to hits...sure, why not.
    Well, that hurts how people build teams too, as it kind of hurts teams with guys who draw a lot of walks. I just hate runs created as a category more than anything.