Page 2372 of 2463 FirstFirst ... 137218722272232223622370237123722373237423822422 ... LastLast
Results 37,937 to 37,952 of 39395

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #37937
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanks
    1,118
    Thanked 434 Times in 270 Posts
    I have 3-7 pick after TCA's pick. Washington Nationals now has the 3-17 pick.

  2. #37938
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,568
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    I used your worthless late round picks last year, to pick Sandy Alcantara and Triston McKenzie...
    McKenzie was a 3rd round pick. Late rounds you're really talking about fliers, or guys a LONG ways away. Some people did find some useful arms late, like Matt Bush and Biagini

  3. #37939
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanks
    1,118
    Thanked 434 Times in 270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    McKenzie was a 3rd round pick. Late rounds you're really talking about fliers, or guys a LONG ways away. Some people did find some useful arms late, like Matt Bush and Biagini
    Yes McKenzie was late 3rd, and Alcantara was 4th. I can't disagree with the rest of your statement. I seem to do worse in the first round, then I do in later rounds though.

  4. #37940
    All Star The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    6,850
    Thanks
    1,543
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Sorry, didn't know I was up. I didn't see the Mexican picked.

    Will take Will Craig.
    #Free Speech

  5. #37941
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanks
    1,118
    Thanked 434 Times in 270 Posts
    Speaking of Mexican's Jose Albertos, SP, CHC

  6. #37942
    MVP NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,988
    Thanks
    1,035
    Thanked 7,480 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    McKenzie was a 3rd round pick. Late rounds you're really talking about fliers, or guys a LONG ways away. Some people did find some useful arms late, like Matt Bush and Biagini
    Was Matt Bush drafted and dropped? I added him off debut waivers

  7. #37943
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanks
    1,118
    Thanked 434 Times in 270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Was Matt Bush drafted and dropped? I added him off debut waivers
    Response changed to "Abom would know better than I" Lol

  8. #37944
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,568
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Was Matt Bush drafted and dropped? I added him off debut waivers
    Yep, he was dropped a month after he was drafted.

  9. #37945
    All Star The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    6,850
    Thanks
    1,543
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Yep, he was dropped a month after he was drafted.
    Who was he dropped in favour of?
    #Free Speech

  10. #37946
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanks
    1,118
    Thanked 434 Times in 270 Posts
    Can I please get John Manuel's scouting report on Albertos? I have PM'd Hurl and Speedy.

  11. #37947
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,748
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Can I please get John Manuel's scouting report on Albertos? I have PM'd Hurl and Speedy.
    I always like to put "Speedy" 's name in quotes, to draw attention to the misnomer.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    Nafro (01-11-2017)

  13. #37948
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,568
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    Who was he dropped in favour of?
    I think it was Daniel Bard lol (have to check again to make sure, I only glanced)

  14. #37949
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    631
    Thanked 635 Times in 354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Speaking of Mexican's Jose Albertos, SP, CHC
    Could turn about to be an excellent pick.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    Nafro (01-11-2017)

  16. #37950
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,223
    Thanks
    2,103
    Thanked 2,566 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Can I please get John Manuel's scouting report on Albertos? I have PM'd Hurl and Speedy.
    10. Jose Albertos, rhp

    Born: Nov. 7, 1998. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 190. Signed: Mexico, 2015. Signed by: Segio Hernandez/Louie Eljaua.

    Background: The Cubs have actively and aggressively scouted Mexico in recent years, with Albertos receiving the largest bonus among a group of signees that includes shortstop Isaac Paredes. He officially signed for $1.5 million as part of a package of players the Cubs signed from Tijuana of the Mexican League. He made his pro debut in June 2016 with four electric innings, wowing club officials, but he missed the rest of the season with tightness in his forearm.

    Scouting Report: Albertos was well-regarded as a prospect as an amateur, but his extended spring training performance had the Cubs excited. His fastball, generally in the 92-94 mph range earlier, jumped to 94-96 and touched 98 for the duration of his debut start. Moreover, he’s shown signs of true fastball command when healthy, throwing strikes with his heater to both sides of the plate. Albertos’ changeup flashes well above-average, overmatching Rookie-level hitters and projecting as a potential 70-grade pitch on the 20-80 scouting scale. His breaking ball was considered ahead of his changeup before he signed, and he’s shown the ability to spin a slider.
    The Future: The Cubs handled Albertos extremely carefully all summer and fall, hoping he can gain strength to handle his extreme arm speed and fastball velocity. He’s set for extended spring training and either a repeat of the AZL or potentially short-season Eugene.

    Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...hdDkGerbShi.99

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Nafro (01-11-2017),Spanky99 (01-11-2017)

  18. #37951
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,012
    Thanks
    13,255
    Thanked 5,445 Times in 3,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Speaking of Mexican's Jose Albertos, SP, CHC
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    10. Jose Albertos, rhp

    Born: Nov. 7, 1998. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 190. Signed: Mexico, 2015. Signed by: Segio Hernandez/Louie Eljaua.

    Background: The Cubs have actively and aggressively scouted Mexico in recent years, with Albertos receiving the largest bonus among a group of signees that includes shortstop Isaac Paredes. He officially signed for $1.5 million as part of a package of players the Cubs signed from Tijuana of the Mexican League. He made his pro debut in June 2016 with four electric innings, wowing club officials, but he missed the rest of the season with tightness in his forearm.

    Scouting Report: Albertos was well-regarded as a prospect as an amateur, but his extended spring training performance had the Cubs excited. His fastball, generally in the 92-94 mph range earlier, jumped to 94-96 and touched 98 for the duration of his debut start. Moreover, he’s shown signs of true fastball command when healthy, throwing strikes with his heater to both sides of the plate. Albertos’ changeup flashes well above-average, overmatching Rookie-level hitters and projecting as a potential 70-grade pitch on the 20-80 scouting scale. His breaking ball was considered ahead of his changeup before he signed, and he’s shown the ability to spin a slider.
    The Future: The Cubs handled Albertos extremely carefully all summer and fall, hoping he can gain strength to handle his extreme arm speed and fastball velocity. He’s set for extended spring training and either a repeat of the AZL or potentially short-season Eugene.

    Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...hdDkGerbShi.99
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

  19. #37952
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,012
    Thanks
    13,255
    Thanked 5,445 Times in 3,489 Posts
    Speedy Hurl (Power Puke?) up.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •