Page 2367 of 2766 FirstFirst ... 1367186722672317235723652366236723682369237724172467 ... LastLast
Results 37,857 to 37,872 of 44249

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #37857
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    The picks were still worthless bro
    Lol, fair enough.

  2. #37858
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    I have 3-7 pick after TCA's pick. Washington Nationals now has the 3-17 pick.

  3. #37859
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,448
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    I used your worthless late round picks last year, to pick Sandy Alcantara and Triston McKenzie...
    McKenzie was a 3rd round pick. Late rounds you're really talking about fliers, or guys a LONG ways away. Some people did find some useful arms late, like Matt Bush and Biagini

  4. #37860
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    McKenzie was a 3rd round pick. Late rounds you're really talking about fliers, or guys a LONG ways away. Some people did find some useful arms late, like Matt Bush and Biagini
    Yes McKenzie was late 3rd, and Alcantara was 4th. I can't disagree with the rest of your statement. I seem to do worse in the first round, then I do in later rounds though.

  5. #37861
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,458
    Thanks
    1,647
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Sorry, didn't know I was up. I didn't see the Mexican picked.

    Will take Will Craig.
    RIP North49

  6. #37862
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    Speaking of Mexican's Jose Albertos, SP, CHC

  7. #37863
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,018
    Thanks
    1,173
    Thanked 8,566 Times in 4,783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    McKenzie was a 3rd round pick. Late rounds you're really talking about fliers, or guys a LONG ways away. Some people did find some useful arms late, like Matt Bush and Biagini
    Was Matt Bush drafted and dropped? I added him off debut waivers

  8. #37864
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Was Matt Bush drafted and dropped? I added him off debut waivers
    Response changed to "Abom would know better than I" Lol

  9. #37865
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,448
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Was Matt Bush drafted and dropped? I added him off debut waivers
    Yep, he was dropped a month after he was drafted.

  10. #37866
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,458
    Thanks
    1,647
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Yep, he was dropped a month after he was drafted.
    Who was he dropped in favour of?
    RIP North49

  11. #37867
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    Can I please get John Manuel's scouting report on Albertos? I have PM'd Hurl and Speedy.

  12. #37868
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,508
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,825 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Can I please get John Manuel's scouting report on Albertos? I have PM'd Hurl and Speedy.
    I always like to put "Speedy" 's name in quotes, to draw attention to the misnomer.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    Nafro (01-11-2017)

  14. #37869
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,448
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    Who was he dropped in favour of?
    I think it was Daniel Bard lol (have to check again to make sure, I only glanced)

  15. #37870
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,521
    Thanks
    1,231
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Speaking of Mexican's Jose Albertos, SP, CHC
    Could turn about to be an excellent pick.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    Nafro (01-11-2017)

  17. #37871
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,741
    Thanks
    2,906
    Thanked 3,440 Times in 2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Can I please get John Manuel's scouting report on Albertos? I have PM'd Hurl and Speedy.
    10. Jose Albertos, rhp

    Born: Nov. 7, 1998. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 190. Signed: Mexico, 2015. Signed by: Segio Hernandez/Louie Eljaua.

    Background: The Cubs have actively and aggressively scouted Mexico in recent years, with Albertos receiving the largest bonus among a group of signees that includes shortstop Isaac Paredes. He officially signed for $1.5 million as part of a package of players the Cubs signed from Tijuana of the Mexican League. He made his pro debut in June 2016 with four electric innings, wowing club officials, but he missed the rest of the season with tightness in his forearm.

    Scouting Report: Albertos was well-regarded as a prospect as an amateur, but his extended spring training performance had the Cubs excited. His fastball, generally in the 92-94 mph range earlier, jumped to 94-96 and touched 98 for the duration of his debut start. Moreover, he’s shown signs of true fastball command when healthy, throwing strikes with his heater to both sides of the plate. Albertos’ changeup flashes well above-average, overmatching Rookie-level hitters and projecting as a potential 70-grade pitch on the 20-80 scouting scale. His breaking ball was considered ahead of his changeup before he signed, and he’s shown the ability to spin a slider.
    The Future: The Cubs handled Albertos extremely carefully all summer and fall, hoping he can gain strength to handle his extreme arm speed and fastball velocity. He’s set for extended spring training and either a repeat of the AZL or potentially short-season Eugene.

    Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...hdDkGerbShi.99

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Nafro (01-11-2017),Spanky99 (01-11-2017)

  19. #37872
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,080
    Thanks
    14,245
    Thanked 5,899 Times in 3,767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    Speaking of Mexican's Jose Albertos, SP, CHC
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    10. Jose Albertos, rhp

    Born: Nov. 7, 1998. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 190. Signed: Mexico, 2015. Signed by: Segio Hernandez/Louie Eljaua.

    Background: The Cubs have actively and aggressively scouted Mexico in recent years, with Albertos receiving the largest bonus among a group of signees that includes shortstop Isaac Paredes. He officially signed for $1.5 million as part of a package of players the Cubs signed from Tijuana of the Mexican League. He made his pro debut in June 2016 with four electric innings, wowing club officials, but he missed the rest of the season with tightness in his forearm.

    Scouting Report: Albertos was well-regarded as a prospect as an amateur, but his extended spring training performance had the Cubs excited. His fastball, generally in the 92-94 mph range earlier, jumped to 94-96 and touched 98 for the duration of his debut start. Moreover, he’s shown signs of true fastball command when healthy, throwing strikes with his heater to both sides of the plate. Albertos’ changeup flashes well above-average, overmatching Rookie-level hitters and projecting as a potential 70-grade pitch on the 20-80 scouting scale. His breaking ball was considered ahead of his changeup before he signed, and he’s shown the ability to spin a slider.
    The Future: The Cubs handled Albertos extremely carefully all summer and fall, hoping he can gain strength to handle his extreme arm speed and fastball velocity. He’s set for extended spring training and either a repeat of the AZL or potentially short-season Eugene.

    Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...hdDkGerbShi.99
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •