• LAA
    MIL
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SD
    SEA
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
Page 2374 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 137418742274232423642372237323742375237623842424 ... LastLast
Results 37,969 to 37,984 of 39413

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 5,456 Times in 3,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Yeah I would just force them to the farm and they are fair game.
    In that case, why can't it be done with traded players?
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

Thanks
    Thanked 11,139 Times in 6,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    I know who BTS wants!
    Busted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Oh my god I wouldn't have traded my 3-04 if we could have done this. I thought it was a IRL 40-man roster deal. Goddammit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    In that case, why can't it be done with traded players?
    I remember doing this before. What is the case you are asking about (Kingham?)? I'm sure a commish can force him down. I think with a trade you have to have space on your MLB team first and then have the player forced down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    I remember doing this before. What is the case you are asking about? I'm sure a commish can force him down. I think with a trade you have to have space on your MLB team first and then have the player forced down.
    Last year Greenwood traded for a player (Alen Hanson I think) who was on the farm at the time of the trade, and then showed up on Greenwood's pro roster, with no green flag because he had been promoted to the 40-man. I manually put him on the farm, but everyone whined so he moved him back to the pro roster.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    I would think grabbing a guy through the MiLB draft who on the 40-man (obviously without previous MLB experience) would be the only way this should be acceptable.

We all have to deal with the fluctuations on our rosters as guys go through the DL to minors, and don't get me started on the September call-ups, part of the league and we should all be in the same boat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vdartanian For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 949 Posts
    I currently have two players that I just drafted (Dylan Cozens and Miguel Andujar) that do not have green flags, which I have on my MLB roster.
    They'll have green flags when the season starts (unless they make the team), so it's a little tricky with the roster management until then.
    However, I have about six guys in the injured reserve, who aren't actually injured anymore, so it kind of balances out.

If guys come off of IR before the green flags go on, I'll have an illegal roster, so I'll need to make sure all my regulars are in place, as they won't let me make roster changes until I get that fixed, which will probably take some trading to do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vdartanian View Post
    I would think grabbing a guy through the MiLB draft who on the 40-man (obviously without previous MLB experience) would be the only way this should be acceptable.

We all have to deal with the fluctuations on our rosters as guys go through the DL to minors, and don't get me started on the September call-ups, part of the league and we should all be in the same boat.
    I've always though there should be a trade exception. If I trade, say, Ben Lively (no MLB experience, no green flag, has never been on my pro roster), I don't think they should have to keep him on their pro roster because fantrax is quirky.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I currently have two players that I just drafted (Dylan Cozens and Miguel Andujar) that do not have green flags, which I have on my MLB roster.
    They'll have green flags when the season starts (unless they make the team), so it's a little tricky with the roster management until then.
    However, I have about six guys in the injured reserve, who aren't actually injured anymore, so it kind of balances out.

If guys come off of IR before the green flags go on, I'll have an illegal roster, so I'll need to make sure all my regulars are in place, as they won't let me make roster changes until I get that fixed, which will probably take some trading to do.
    Cyborg just ruled that you can have them moved to the farm now if you want.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,530 Posts
    IMO we should simply not count moving guys to the MLB roster as a "promotion" if it's done in the off-season (as long as the player is moved back down before the first game). There's still roster issues, but at least there aren't any other future promotion issues.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

KingKat (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Whose turn is it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Whose turn is it?
    69) Mets
    70) Braves
    71) Marlins
    72) Yankees

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Whose turn is it?
    I PM'd P2F

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 949 Posts
    I have acquired pick 75 from the Twins by the way.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,456 Times in 3,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I have acquired pick 75 from the Twins by the way.
    I was just going to get around to try and work something out. You snooze you lose I guess.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Dont ilke his velo, but Petco Park
    Let's hope the Petco effect makes the top half of that SD rotation, not completely suck. If that even happens to one of them, I'm laughing.