Jan 2, 2017
Message from Cyborg (owner of Miami Marlins) in the league "League of #Despair" at Fantrax:
The annual new player draft will commence on Saturday, Jan 7th at 8:00 AM EST.
Players eligible to be drafted include:
a.) Players from the most recent Rule 4 draft.
b.) Players from the most recent July IFA signings.
c.) Players who have prospect status and were un-owned at the start of the draft.
d.) International free agents who signed with teams and never played a MLB game.
1. To make your selection, it is preferred if you add the player to your team in Fantrax. If you are unable to login to Fantrax, you can post your pick on the BlueJaysMessageBoard or contact a commissioner. Make sure you are adding these players to you Minor League Roster.
2. You may drop players from your Minor League Roster as a part of your selection on Fantrax to make room for your selection. These dropped players will not be available to be added or drafted until the conclusion of the NDP.
3 After making your pick, please email the team that follows you and let them know their window has started.
4. You will have a 12 hour window to make your pick. Clock windows do not count overnight (1 AM EST to 8 AM EST). This is to ensure fair windows for everyone. The goal is not to finish the draft as fast as possible. We have lots of time.
5. If your window expires, the team following you will have their window start and they can pick. You can make your missed pick at any time.
6. If you have a window skipped and your pick comes up again, you are skipped automatically and can make both picks at any time.
7. You do not need to use all of your picks. You are free to trade your unwanted picks before their windows begin, or inform a commissioner that you would like the pick abolished.
8. Following the draft, all players that are free agents will be placed on waivers for 3 days and will go through the waiver process. If you would like to add a prospect that was dropped by a team during the draft, this is the only time you can do so until the next NPD or they reach the MLB. In order to be added, these dropped prospects MUST be waiver claims during this period.
9. You can follow the draft on the league spreadsheet, but please take the order on Fantrax as correct an ensure that it is actually your turn before you pick. (Other -> Draft Picks). Fantrax will be updated with all trades faster than the sheet.
10. The draft may start before Jan 7, but clocks will not begin until 8 AM that morning.
11. You have one hour from the start of the window to make a trade. Picking for someone else and trading later is discouraged.
Cyborg, Miami Marlins
"We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."
Thx buds! I'll take Chase De Jong
3 77 San Diego Padres 3 78 Milwaukee Brewers 3 79 Cincinnati Reds 3 80 Milwaukee Brewers 3 81 Milwaukee Brewers 3 82 Boston Red Sox 3 83 Arizona Diamondbacks 3 84 Texas Rangers 3 85 Arizona Diamondbacks 3 86 Tampa Bay Rays 3 87 Baltimore Orioles
That Padres pick was traded to the Nats, so it's Sirbjay who's on the clock.
Looking to move 4-12 + 5-12 for something in the next few picks.