• SF
    COL
    Preview
    10:08 PM ET
  • LAD
    LAA
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 2316 of 2591 FirstFirst ... 1316181622162266230623142315231623172318232623662416 ... LastLast
Results 37,041 to 37,056 of 41441

Thread: League of #Despair

Thanks
    Thanked 11,816 Times in 7,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    I have no problem expanding the MiLBs, but doing so without consideration to other roster factors is iffy. Coupling expanded MiLB with the unlimited DL space is going to make the free agent pool even shallower than it already is. There are several teams with 10+ MLB players on the DL right now. Giving everybody five more slots for the minors just dries things out even more. A couple of members have already left because they hate how there is nothing decent ever in free agency. This just exacerbates the hoarding.
    I think pushing this league even further into niche territory by drying up the FA pool even more and/or adding another 150 owned prospects would be a very big mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Abomination (12-13-2016),KingKat (12-13-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Do we have a set draft day yet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Do we have a set draft day yet?
    nope
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I think pushing this league even further into niche territory by drying up the FA pool even more and/or adding another 150 owned prospects would be a very big mistake.
    Among other things, there's a good chance what happened to Dinger last year re: weekly start quotas will happen again, likely to SirBJay. Then people will whine that he's basically giving away 9 categories every week to their division rivals, some people will expect him to force trades to employ some SPs, etc., etc., more dumb bullshit, etc.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

Abomination (12-13-2016),BTS (12-13-2016),GD (12-13-2016),NJH (12-13-2016),P2F (12-13-2016),Spanky99 (12-13-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 751 Posts
    Among other things, there's a good chance what happened to Dinger last year re: weekly start quotas will happen again, likely to SirBJay. Then people will whine that he's basically giving away 9 categories every week to their division rivals, some people will expect him to force trades to employ some SPs, etc., etc., more dumb bullshit, etc.
    Excellent point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,022 Posts
    1) Adding more milb players is going to allow us to keep prospects in rookie ball. It won't dry up the prospect pool as some think.
    2) There's plenty of good players still available on the waiver wire in the season. There's even plenty of good players getting dropped.
    3) Dinger could have picked up pitchers but he chose not to. For instance, I picked up Robert Gsellman in the last few weeks of the seasons.
    4) Having more milb spots is good for a team like Dinger's because they have more room for development instead of using MLB roster spots for that.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

Nafro (12-14-2016),SirBJay (12-13-2016)

Thanks
    MiLBers I'm looking to move:

Daniel Montano (COL - CF)
    Justin Williams (TB - OF)
    Miguel Almonte (KC - RP) -- currently not MiLB eligible
    Yeudy Garcia (PIT - SP)
    Jon Harris (TOR - SP)
    Mike Nikorak (COL - SP)

We can make a deal or you'll have to waste a pick to get them if you're interested. Lots of teams out there with barren farm systems and you could probably give yourself a bump with a decent, but superfluous, MLBer and save your picks for January.
    Last edited by intentional wok; 12-13-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    1) Adding more milb players is going to allow us to keep prospects in rookie ball. It won't dry up the prospect pool as some think.
    2) There's plenty of good players still available on the waiver wire in the season. There's even plenty of good players getting dropped.
    3) Dinger could have picked up pitchers but he chose not to. For instance, I picked up Robert Gsellman in the last few weeks of the seasons.
    4) Having more milb spots is good for a team like Dinger's because they have more room for development instead of using MLB roster spots for that.
    1) That depends on how people use it, but yes it will have the benefit for some teams of being able to hang onto younger guys (teams like mine). Agree about not drying up the prospect pool, but that's not really the problem anyway. Minor leagues also let guys stash unsigned players too, so I could go pick up a bunch of unemployed players, stash them with my new five spots, and then there's even less on the market when it comes to immediate big league help.
    2) There aren't that many good players if teams are stashing half a dozen big leaguers on the DL. If there were plenty of good players in free agency I'd be scooping them up and trading them after a hot streak.
    3) Gsellman was basically a September call-up. Dinger had his problems earlier on. Even with my own team, I was hoping that shitbags like Cesar Ramos would get a spot start in when Volquez was my only starter with a pulse.
    4) Totally agree. I'd vote Yes in your poll if we didn't have unlimited DLs that work like player deposit boxes. The problem is that we have too many ways to hoard.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I'm one of the teams this would greatly benefit, but I'm firmly against it. 15 is already a very large number, and we have a lot more flexibility compared to any other type of league as it is. We SHOULD have to make some tough choices, that's part of fantasy sports. The idea isn't to stockpile a million prospects and hope a few break out, it's to identify the likely ones and lord it over people forever.

Plus as people have stated before, part of the idea is to mimic a 40 man roster.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,620 Posts
    I've accepted a R4 for Quack.
    Mahtook is still available if anyone has interest.

Could someone please push it through?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Casey Fien ,Bud Norris are availables

Send fantrax offers

Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 3,439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Best offer for Quackenbush so far is a 6th
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Mikie Mahtook is also available
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    THE Jason Motte
    Eduardo Escobar
    Cory Spangenberg
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (12-14-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,046 Posts
    Looking to move one or two RP and a couple SP from the list below. Mainly looking for 2018 draft picks or prospects in return.

Tyler Clippard
    Mike Dunn
    Pat Neshek
    Darren O'Day
    Hansel Robles
    Koji Uehara

Anibal Sanchez
    Nate Karns
    Jared Weaver
    Braden Shipley

Thanks
    Oakland is really gearing up. Lineup looks good, with the partial exception of d'Arnaud (who knows with this guy) and probably Brandon Phillips. Strong rotation, good BP. Easy Wild Card at the least?

Thanks
    Oakland is really gearing up. Lineup looks good, with the partial exception of d'Arnaud (who knows with this guy) and probably Brandon Phillips. Strong rotation, good BP. Easy Wild Card at the least?
    I like Chappy's team a lot. I don't think it's in 'easy' playoff territory though. Offense is deep, but might have holes at C and 2B. Love the pitching staff though.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 3,439 Posts
    Detroit Tigers trades away
    Walker, Taijuan

Oakland Athletics trades away
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 2 (Oakland Athletics)
    Rosario, Amed

sorry, what
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)