• MIL
    ARI
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    DET
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • STL
    KC
    Preview
    1:15 PM ET
  • HOU
    SF
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • WSH
    SD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    ATL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    NYY
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    LAA
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • TB
    BOS
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • NYM
    MIA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CIN
    PIT
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CHC
    CLE
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    BAL
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    SEA
    Preview
    10:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    COL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 2365 of 3210 FirstFirst ... 13651865226523152355236323642365236623672375241524652865 ... LastLast
Results 37,825 to 37,840 of 51351

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #37825
    DONOR vdartanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,135
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 497 Times in 312 Posts
    I would think grabbing a guy through the MiLB draft who on the 40-man (obviously without previous MLB experience) would be the only way this should be acceptable.

    We all have to deal with the fluctuations on our rosters as guys go through the DL to minors, and don't get me started on the September call-ups, part of the league and we should all be in the same boat.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to vdartanian For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-11-2017)

  3. #37826
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,984
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 2,112 Times in 1,232 Posts
    I currently have two players that I just drafted (Dylan Cozens and Miguel Andujar) that do not have green flags, which I have on my MLB roster.
    They'll have green flags when the season starts (unless they make the team), so it's a little tricky with the roster management until then.
    However, I have about six guys in the injured reserve, who aren't actually injured anymore, so it kind of balances out.

    If guys come off of IR before the green flags go on, I'll have an illegal roster, so I'll need to make sure all my regulars are in place, as they won't let me make roster changes until I get that fixed, which will probably take some trading to do.

  4. #37827
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,812
    Thanks
    3,979
    Thanked 13,818 Times in 8,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdartanian View Post
    I would think grabbing a guy through the MiLB draft who on the 40-man (obviously without previous MLB experience) would be the only way this should be acceptable.

    We all have to deal with the fluctuations on our rosters as guys go through the DL to minors, and don't get me started on the September call-ups, part of the league and we should all be in the same boat.
    I've always though there should be a trade exception. If I trade, say, Ben Lively (no MLB experience, no green flag, has never been on my pro roster), I don't think they should have to keep him on their pro roster because fantrax is quirky.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  5. #37828
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,812
    Thanks
    3,979
    Thanked 13,818 Times in 8,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I currently have two players that I just drafted (Dylan Cozens and Miguel Andujar) that do not have green flags, which I have on my MLB roster.
    They'll have green flags when the season starts (unless they make the team), so it's a little tricky with the roster management until then.
    However, I have about six guys in the injured reserve, who aren't actually injured anymore, so it kind of balances out.

    If guys come off of IR before the green flags go on, I'll have an illegal roster, so I'll need to make sure all my regulars are in place, as they won't let me make roster changes until I get that fixed, which will probably take some trading to do.
    Cyborg just ruled that you can have them moved to the farm now if you want.
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  6. #37829
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,227
    Thanks
    846
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,303 Posts
    IMO we should simply not count moving guys to the MLB roster as a "promotion" if it's done in the off-season (as long as the player is moved back down before the first game). There's still roster issues, but at least there aren't any other future promotion issues.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (01-11-2017)

  8. #37830
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,812
    Thanks
    3,979
    Thanked 13,818 Times in 8,190 Posts
    Whose turn is it?
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  9. #37831
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,694
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Whose turn is it?
    69) Mets
    70) Braves
    71) Marlins
    72) Yankees

  10. #37832
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,391
    Thanks
    1,335
    Thanked 525 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Whose turn is it?
    I PM'd P2F

  11. #37833
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,984
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 2,112 Times in 1,232 Posts
    I have acquired pick 75 from the Twins by the way.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    intentional wok (01-11-2017)

  13. #37834
    Hall of Famer KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,454
    Thanks
    14,593
    Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I have acquired pick 75 from the Twins by the way.
    I was just going to get around to try and work something out. You snooze you lose I guess.

  14. #37835
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,391
    Thanks
    1,335
    Thanked 525 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Dont ilke his velo, but Petco Park
    Let's hope the Petco effect makes the top half of that SD rotation, not completely suck. If that even happens to one of them, I'm laughing.

  15. #37836
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,122
    Thanks
    4,279
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Sorry for the delay.

    I'll take Jesus Luzardo, SP WSH.

    Emailing Braves now.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (01-11-2017)

  17. #37837
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,694
    Thanks
    1,685
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Jason Martin

    Marlins up. I'll send out a PM.

  18. #37838
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,122
    Thanks
    4,279
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Cody Reed (ARI) for a 2018 draft pick.

    Get your offers in, folks.

  19. #37839
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15,641
    Thanks
    5,799
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 6,164 Posts
    3 71 Miami Marlins
    3 72 New York Yankees
    3 73 Cleveland Indians
    3 74 Miami Marlins
    3 75 St. Louis Cardinals
    3 76 Houston Astros
    3 77 San Diego Padres
    3 78 Milwaukee Brewers
    3 79 Cincinnati Reds
    3 80 Milwaukee Brewers
    3 81 Milwaukee Brewers
    3 82 Boston Red Sox
    Last edited by King; 01-11-2017 at 05:05 PM.

  20. #37840
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15,641
    Thanks
    5,799
    Thanked 10,535 Times in 6,164 Posts
    Is pick 75 the Twins or Cardinals? Doc said Twins but Fantrax says Cardinals. And 77 is now Padres instead of Nats?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •