• NYY 3
    DET 1
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • BOS 4
    MIN 3
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TB 6
    PIT 3
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIA 6
    STL 4
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • HOU 3
    WSH 2
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • BAL 3
    TB 6
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR 2
    PHI 1
    Final
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM 6
    ATL 2
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIL 2
    CHC 1
    In Progress
    Top 8th
  • LAD 11
    CWS 5
    In Progress
    Bottom 6th
  • CLE 4
    CIN 6
    In Progress
    Bottom 9th
  • OAK 4
    LAA 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 6th
  • SF 5
    MIL 5
    In Progress
    Bottom 7th
  • COL 4
    ARI 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 7th
  • SD 1
    SEA 3
    In Progress
    Top 8th
Page 3051 of 3085 FirstFirst ... 20512551295130013041304930503051305230533061 ... LastLast
Results 48,801 to 48,816 of 49350

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #48801
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,757
    Thanks
    3,631
    Thanked 4,766 Times in 3,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    I replied to your PM.
    Don't do it friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  2. #48802
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,230
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 675 Times in 482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    So you guys don't mind trading me Machado for Ketel Marte, Chase Anderson, and Jason Kipnis? Excellent. Let's do business.
    I offered Belt, Wentz, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd for Rendon. Told wasn't nearly close enough value wise....

    Traded Rendon for Myers straight up 3 days later........
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  3. #48803
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,422
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 13,056 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    I offered Belt, Wentz, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd for Rendon. Told wasn't nearly close enough value wise....

    Traded Rendon for Myers straight up 3 days later........
    I could see preferring Myers to that package given Belt's concussion issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  4. #48804
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,230
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 675 Times in 482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I could see preferring Myers to that package given Belt's concussion issues.
    lol at worrying about concussion history in baseball.....unless you are a catcher, it's probably the least likely injury to occur for any player in a non-contact sport.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  5. #48805
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,422
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 13,056 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    lol at worrying about concussion history in baseball.....unless you are a catcher, it's probably the least likely injury to occur for any player in a non-contact sport.
    Tell that to Justin Morneau. Dude still hasn't played since being concussed for the 4th time in his career. I definitely wouldn't be buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  6. #48806
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,757
    Thanks
    3,631
    Thanked 4,766 Times in 3,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    lol at worrying about concussion history in baseball.....unless you are a catcher, it's probably the least likely injury to occur for any player in a non-contact sport.
    One concussion can screw you up for the rest of your career lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  7. #48807
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,378
    Thanks
    706
    Thanked 2,854 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Tell that to Justin Morneau. Dude still hasn't played since being concussed for the 4th time in his career. I definitely wouldn't be buying.
    Or Mauer, who has really dropped off.

  8. #48808
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,757
    Thanks
    3,631
    Thanked 4,766 Times in 3,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Tell that to Justin Morneau. Dude still hasn't played since being concussed for the 4th time in his career. I definitely wouldn't be buying.
    I think Morneau actually retired now, which is really sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  9. #48809
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,027
    Thanks
    1,423
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 864 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    One concussion can screw you up for the rest of your career lol.
    I've had several, but I don't have any lasting side effects that I can remember.

  10. #48810
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,230
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 675 Times in 482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Tell that to Justin Morneau. Dude still hasn't played since being concussed for the 4th time in his career. I definitely wouldn't be buying.
    It's not even a remotely common issue, stating "tell that to Justin Morneau" is akin to referencing a historic terrorist attack to rationalize a fear of it happening to you in the future. What was it last year? 8 guys with "potential" concussion symptoms? Belt's chance of another concussion being greater than any other MLB player is statistically insignificant.

    But maybe I can use your irrational hypochondriac nature to my advantage in trade discussions with you, any players that you roster you be a worrying about there BTS?
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  11. #48811
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,422
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 13,056 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    I think Morneau actually retired now, which is really sad.
    His story is so sad. He had a 183 wRC+ and 5 fWAR after 81 games in his age-29 season. Then he got concussed and would only put up 3.2 fWAR the rest of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  12. #48812
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,422
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 13,056 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    It's not even a remotely common issue, stating "tell that to Justin Morneau" is akin to referencing a historic terrorist attack to rationalize a fear of it happening to you in the future. What was it last year? 8 guys with "potential" concussion symptoms? Belt's chance of another concussion being greater than any other MLB player is statistically insignificant.

    But maybe I can use your irrational hypochondriac nature to my advantage in trade discussions with you, any players that you roster you be a worrying about there BTS?
    It's not the chance of another concussion you have to worry about, it's the potential for lingering effects from the 4 he's suffered. He hasn't played a game since the last one. And it's not just Morneau who got one and concussed and was never the same after - that happens to athletes in all sports. His value should be certainly be discounted to reflect that - you've experienced one team do it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  13. #48813
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    41,040
    Thanks
    42,678
    Thanked 8,227 Times in 6,334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    If every owner in the league rejects an Adam Jones trade offer, one of you all could Moneyball the system by finally accepting, thus finding a market inefficiency.

    And BTW, Adam Jones among others is on the block.
    Sending me an Adam Jones offer for Suarez and a 1st, after trading you guys Inciarte that I kept my word(in a full rebuild)l, as I was rejecting it?! This after I was told you guys would remember it for the future, not cool... that had me pissed the fuck off! I should've just kiboshed that trade as I intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  14. #48814
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,230
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 675 Times in 482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    It's not the chance of another concussion you have to worry about, it's the potential for lingering effects from the 4 he's suffered. He hasn't played a game since the last one. And it's not just Morneau who got one and concussed and was never the same after - that happens to athletes in all sports. His value should be certainly be discounted to reflect that - you've experienced one team do it already.
    He says he's ready to go for spring training, with no lingering effects. And judging by the way he's played after each concussion (getting moar betterer) I'm not concerned in the least about it aside from his shit luck as all of them were freak occurrences.

    My orignal point stands. Responding to the offer I made for Rendon as insulting/not worth the time, only to trade him for what the majority would argue is a lesser return (Belt is measurably better than Myers) just aided in further illustrating the confusion of valuations when dealing with the Reds in trade talks. Especially considering the interest in Belt was conveyed from their end in other discussions.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  15. #48815
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,977
    Thanks
    3,382
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 2,768 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Going once, going twice on Kyle Schwarber...
    ....

  16. #48816
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,216
    Thanks
    3,513
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Since we're getting close to the season, I wanted to briefly mention the optional buy-in again. Come join the Mets, White Sox, and Padres by putting your money where your mouth is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •