• TEX
    KC
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    NYM
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 2859 of 3215 FirstFirst ... 1859235927592809284928572858285928602861286929092959 ... LastLast
Results 45,729 to 45,744 of 51432

Thread: League of #Despair

Prospect
    Thanks
    Reds looking to move pick 3.26, 5.10, 5.11 for a 2019 2nd. Please let us know.

Thanks
    Pick 1-5 is still open for business if there are any takers
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Prospect
    Thanks
    Also open to doing a prospect of the following with picks to get a 2nd in 2019.

Taylor Hearn - Pirates - SP
    Kevin Newman - Pirates - SS
    Tyler Stephenson - C - Reds
    Jacob Lindgren - RP - Braves

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cats Ass View Post
    I took Greenwoods advice and traded a starting pitcher for an infielder and an RP.

But I now have 10 pitchers projected to start atleast 20 games. I'd like to trade a couple of the lower tiered guys in 1 for 1 deals for an equally sufficient RP.
    I sent you a trade proposal
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 1,235 Posts
    National League West

San Francisco Giants

The Giants should never be underestimated. They're always stronger in the game, than on paper, due to smart management decisions, and timely roster moves.

Infield:
    It's hard to peg them, because there are a lot of infielders. Three at-least-servicable shorstops, with one being Correa, three third basemen, a second, a catcher and a 1st baseman. There's a lot of talent here, but a lot of it will also get left on the bench, unless changes are made.

Outfield:
    There's a lot of power, with three outfielders and Hanley, all expected to get over 25 HR. It's a little tilted towards power and RBI's as opposed to OBP and runs, but that could work.

Starters:
    There's as many as eleven starters, but five of them have a projected k/bb of less than 2. and none of have a k/bb over 3. The ratios aren't great, but a strategy of winning wins, strikeouts, and innings pitched could do very well. If that is the plan, there's no point in acquiring an ace, because the other ten starters will water down the good start too much.

Relievers:
    There's Kimbrel, and a lot of fringe relievers good for mid-teens holds, with poor ratios.

Other:
    The cupboards are bare, with the minors mainly being used to house backup players. Also limited picks for 2018.

Advice: The Giants have been stockpiling assets for some time, and have close to 40 MLB players. When the season starts, most of them will have their flags removed and be on MLB rosters, which means the Giants need to cut 15 players. They'll need to start cashing in some of those players, either in 2-1 deals or for draft picks/prospects.

Suggested Trade: Beckham and Dejong for draft picks.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (01-06-2018),Spanky99 (01-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,872 Posts
    Thinking of putting some relievers on the block for a decent starter. Contact me if you have surplus SP and need a chunk of bullpen patched up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,051 Posts
    All 3 of my 2018 first round picks are on the block. I'm looking for SP or prospects.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,673 Times in 3,142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    All 3 of my 2018 first round picks are on the block. I'm looking for SP or prospects.
    You will probably have better luck with this during the draft when people know who's available. I'll likely make an offer. The picks hold more value when you know who you can get.

I tried desperately to start a fapathon over Gore in the hopes of getting a good starting pitcher and failed. Although Pendleton display picture is now Gore so maybe it worked a little.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    You will probably have better luck with this during the draft when people know who's available. I'll likely make an offer. The picks hold more value when you know who you can get.

I tried desperately to start a fapathon over Gore in the hopes of getting a good starting pitcher and failed. Although Pendleton display picture is now Gore so maybe it worked a little.
    Yeah I might draft him, we'll see

Thanks
    Thanked 4,673 Times in 3,142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    Yeah I might draft him, we'll see
    You should trade with Spittin and do it. He told me wanted to shop the pick but got shit offers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    National League West

San Francisco Giants

The Giants should never be underestimated. They're always stronger in the game, than on paper, due to smart management decisions, and timely roster moves.

Infield:
    It's hard to peg them, because there are a lot of infielders. Three at-least-servicable shorstops, with one being Correa, three third basemen, a second, a catcher and a 1st baseman. There's a lot of talent here, but a lot of it will also get left on the bench, unless changes are made.

Outfield:
    There's a lot of power, with three outfielders and Hanley, all expected to get over 25 HR. It's a little tilted towards power and RBI's as opposed to OBP and runs, but that could work.

Starters:
    There's as many as eleven starters, but five of them have a projected k/bb of less than 2. and none of have a k/bb over 3. The ratios aren't great, but a strategy of winning wins, strikeouts, and innings pitched could do very well. If that is the plan, there's no point in acquiring an ace, because the other ten starters will water down the good start too much.

Relievers:
    There's Kimbrel, and a lot of fringe relievers good for mid-teens holds, with poor ratios.

Other:
    The cupboards are bare, with the minors mainly being used to house backup players. Also limited picks for 2018.

Advice: The Giants have been stockpiling assets for some time, and have close to 40 MLB players. When the season starts, most of them will have their flags removed and be on MLB rosters, which means the Giants need to cut 15 players. They'll need to start cashing in some of those players, either in 2-1 deals or for draft picks/prospects.

Suggested Trade: Beckham and Dejong for draft picks.
    Thanks for the write-up.

I really like my bullpen after Kimbrel. Steckenrider and Goody are both young with high K rates and very nice upside. Barraclough could get some saves in Miami possibly. Phelps is solid, Minaya could be a sleeper. Ramos, Ziegler and Thornburg are meh, though still could be very solid and pick up holds or saves. Unfortunately Steck & Phelps lost SP eligibility, though oh well. Still think the bullpen is one of my strengths. You even ranked my BP 4th best in the league lol.

I'm looking to trade Beckham and/or DeJong in a deal for a 1B or as part of a larger deal. I wouldn't trade them for draft picks, doesn't really make sense. As well, after trading DeJong for a draft pick, who becomes my starting 2B? I prefer Owings as a super utility guy for me rather than a starter. Depth and roster flexibility is so valuable in this league and my MI depth was one of the reasons why I was lucky enough to win a wildcard spot last season. Lets say Owings is my starting 2B and then gets injured, who then? Again, I don't mind trading DeJong in the right deal, though I don't see why I would trade him and Beckham just for picks.

My outfield: it has a lot of power, though not many guys other than Souza will help in .OBP like you said. Picking up Granderson went under the radar, though he can still be productive (20-25 HR) and could rotate him at my CF position with Cameron Maybin. Saved me from spending a big price to land a younger CF bat this offseason and could use those assets to improve else where.

As for my SP, I don't plan to keep all of them obviously (Ubaldo, Tillman and O'Grady are on the bubble depending on where they sign and on my roster) and again depth is very important because in a league like this since its tough finding a reliable starter on the wire. I agree with your point that it doesn't make sense to acquire an ace or elite arm since my other starters would water down their good start. I've given up going that route since its even tough just trading for a mid-rotation starter in this league. Hoping Rodon could turn into that ace eventually if he takes the next step.

My farm system is awful. I did turn out Paul DeJong last season though, so I'm hoping maybe I could have another surprise from the farm in 2018. If I get something out of Clarkin maybe at some point this season, that would be nice. Hopefully I could nab a nice prospect in the 2nd round and my plan is to hold onto all my 2019 picks since I'll need to replenish my system next year if I want to remain a perennial contender.

Thanks
    ^ Speaking of depth:

Does anyone have a depth 2B to sell? Multi-positional would be even better.

Prospect
    Thanks
    Anyone looking to add some depth let us know if you want the following.

Nick Hundley - C
    Tyler Saladino - 2B/3B
    Luis Torrens - C - Upside young C

Thanks
    Also considering packing up Gattis + some holds guys for a SP.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,662 Posts
    #9 waiver wire spot is available

Thanks
    Thanked 13,826 Times in 8,196 Posts
    Seems like a light return for Inciarte
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3