Page 2872 of 3072 FirstFirst ... 1872237227722822286228702871287228732874288229222972 ... LastLast
Results 45,937 to 45,952 of 49139

Thread: League of #Despair

  1. #45937
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,369
    Thanks
    2,501
    Thanked 6,905 Times in 4,343 Posts
    The whole three meals a day ideology is a total fabrication of 20th century Western civilization and huge contributor to obesity. We didn't evolve to gorge ourselves so regularly. It's okay to be hungry sometimes. Pay down some of your fat debt. It's actually gratifying.

  2. #45938
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,871
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 4,088 Times in 2,744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    The whole three meals a day ideology is a total fabrication of 20th century Western civilization and huge contributor to obesity. We didn't evolve to gorge ourselves so regularly. It's okay to be hungry sometimes. Pay down some of your fat debt. It's actually gratifying.
    You should actually probably eat more than 3 times a day.

  3. #45939
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,324
    Thanks
    3,747
    Thanked 13,006 Times in 7,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    The whole three meals a day ideology is a total fabrication of 20th century Western civilization and huge contributor to obesity. We didn't evolve to gorge ourselves so regularly. It's okay to be hungry sometimes. Pay down some of your fat debt. It's actually gratifying.
    Son, I’m 185 lbs at 6’2” with the blood pressure of an Olympic athlete. Don’t you ever disrespect me on these forums again by talking about my fat debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  4. #45940
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,369
    Thanks
    2,501
    Thanked 6,905 Times in 4,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Son, I’m 185 lbs at 6’2” with the blood pressure of an Olympic athlete. Don’t you ever disrespect me on these forums again by talking about my fat debt.
    Could have sworn you were like 220. I'm 6'1 185 and my body comp has never been better. I'm an IF convert, though it's not something you should do if you already have a low % of BF. If you don't have any fat reserves to draw upon, it's not feasible.

  5. #45941
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,324
    Thanks
    3,747
    Thanked 13,006 Times in 7,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Could have sworn you were like 220. I'm 6'1 185 and my body comp has never been better. I'm an IF convert, though it's not something you should do if you already have a low % of BF. If you don't have any fat reserves to draw upon, it's not feasible.
    I was closing on 220 a year and a half ago after being in shape my whole life. Metabolism slowing down as you get close to 30 ftl. Decided to not be a guy who got fat as he aged. I actually used IF to cut down on my weight, but now I've settled in on 3 meals a day and a healthy snack to maintain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  6. #45942
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,369
    Thanks
    2,501
    Thanked 6,905 Times in 4,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I was closing on 220 a year and a half ago after being in shape my whole life. Metabolism slowing down as you get close to 30 ftl. Decided to not be a guy who got fat as he aged. I actually used IF to cut down on my weight, but now I've settled in on 3 meals a day and a healthy snack to maintain.
    Yeah I'm 32 now and I was hovering around 2 hundo, I didn't like that. Started IF and reduced carb diet about two months ago and have already cut 10 lbs of fat while working out more. I've never had more energy, and I never feel uncomfortably hungry. At some point you can either accept the slow accumulation of fat, or you can turn the tide. Now I can't even fathom having a bagel for breakfast, the thought kind of disgusts me. I save money too. Would recommend.

  7. #45943
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,013
    Thanks
    1,416
    Thanked 1,500 Times in 860 Posts
    I'm 7'3 and 106lbs, all muscle

  8. #45944
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,324
    Thanks
    3,747
    Thanked 13,006 Times in 7,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Yeah I'm 32 now and I was hovering around 2 hundo, I didn't like that. Started IF and reduced carb diet about two months ago and have already cut 10 lbs of fat while working out more. I've never had more energy, and I never feel uncomfortably hungry. At some point you can either accept the slow accumulation of fat, or you can turn the tide. Now I can't even fathom having a bagel for breakfast, the thought kind of disgusts me. I save money too. Would recommend.
    Nothing like a bagel covered in cream cheese for breakfast. Like a million calories of carbs and fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  9. #45945
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,871
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 4,088 Times in 2,744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I was closing on 220 a year and a half ago after being in shape my whole life. Metabolism slowing down as you get close to 30 ftl. Decided to not be a guy who got fat as he aged. I actually used IF to cut down on my weight, but now I've settled in on 3 meals a day and a healthy snack to maintain.
    Your breakfast smoothie makes a lot more sense now.

  10. #45946
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,469
    Thanks
    1,668
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Definitely not. Water and coffee. I'm never hungry til noon. Intermittent Fasting is actually very rewarding once you adjust to it, I feel sharper than ever in the mornings.
    I usually skip breakfast in the morning as well during the week. Just water, coffee and a banana and I'm good until lunch. On weekends, I'll have a big breakfast though more like brunch and don't bother eating a meal again until dinner.

    If I do eat something in the morning during the week, usually will just have once slice of toast with organic peanut butter.

  11. #45947
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,369
    Thanks
    2,501
    Thanked 6,905 Times in 4,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I usually skip breakfast in the morning as well during the week. Just water, coffee and a banana and I'm good until lunch. On weekends, I'll have a big breakfast though more like brunch and don't bother eating a meal again until dinner.
    Yeah, goddamn if I don't love a weekend brunch. But that's functionally your lunch anyway, if you sleep in a bit (which I love to). I don't really get hungry until after 11 am, and even then it's nothing too intense.

  12. #45948
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,871
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 4,088 Times in 2,744 Posts
    We really need to start the LoD draft.

  13. #45949
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 940 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Your breakfast smoothie makes a lot more sense now.
    This is how I get my greens and fruits. Kale, spinach, banana and a bunch of frozen berries.
    #FireCasey

  14. #45950
    MVP Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,321
    Thanks
    2,289
    Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,436 Posts
    How do you guys drink coffee on an empty stomach? When I do that it ruins my guts.

  15. #45951
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Drinking more than 2 IPA's ruins my stomach the next day. On the toilet a lot.

  16. #45952
    Blue Chip Prospect MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,323
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 601 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Definitely not. Water and coffee. I'm never hungry til noon. Intermittent Fasting is actually very rewarding once you adjust to it, I feel sharper than ever in the mornings.
    Would agree with this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •