NYM 1
    In Progress
    Bottom 3rd
Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143
Results 2,273 to 2,288 of 2288

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    Bob, you're probably going to like this game when you finally get your hands on it. It's probably the most open game I've ever played.

You can go anywhere at any time, including the very end, and you don't even have to deal with any story. Even games like Skyrim make you follow a main questline to go beat by beat until you see the whole plot they want to give you. In Zelda, you don't have that. I fought the final fight last night and I can see how some crazies have probably figured out how to win the game with a tree branch and no pants, but IMO there are extremely good reasons to achieve your main quest objectives. Not only to fight the boss but even to survive Hyrule castle itself.

The way I described it to my girlfriend is that the main objective is to fight Ganon. He is very strong and Link is very weak. Everything you do in the game is to even the odds as much as possible so you can finally kill him. It's a really simple setup but it's executed incredibly well.

Even the open world is amazing. Being able to climb everything opens up so many amazing scenarios. Not to mention all the extreme conditions you have to deal with, like freezing or sunstroke. I love that you can get around these barriers in a number of ways: buy proper clothing; cook up status elixirs, or even carry elemental weapons. Once I was trapped on a frozen mountain and out of body-heat raising food and had no wood to make a fire. On a whim I decided to equip a fire wand just to see if I could light a tree on fire but I discovered that just holding hot or cold things changes your body temp and I survived just by holding it. The physics are just amazing. Once I tried to shoot a bomb arrow at an enemy while I was on a volcano and the environment heat ignited the bomb in my hands. Once a used a steel sword to conduct electricity instead of using the provided items for that puzzle.
    Man you were so right! Itís taken me a year to get round to it, but finally played Botw today.

After playing up to receiving the paraglider, I havenít felt the same excitement and anticipation of exploring a game world that I can see from a high vantage point since Oblivion.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (03-08-2018),SirBJay (03-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,867 Posts
    For anyone who has Playstation Plus, Bloodborne is free for the next month. As in, it costs $0 to download one of the best games of the decade.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

Pinkfloid (03-20-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,642 Times in 8,087 Posts
    Just finished Breath of the Wild. One of the very best games I’ve ever played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (04-15-2018),Pinkfloid (03-20-2018),SirBJay (03-19-2018),wilko (04-18-2018)

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Fortnite is like fucking crack. I can't stop playing it no matter how much I suck
    ****FREE SPANKY****

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

wilko (04-18-2018)

Thanks
    Monster Hunter World, while definitely grindy, has some of the most rewarding gaming mechanics since the original Demons/Dark Souls days. Worth checking out (or if you have a decent rig get the PC version later this year). Dark Souls remaster is also out in May, I believe.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Just finished Breath of the Wild. One of the very best games I’ve ever played.
    Have you really finished it though - I thought I was doing well finding 60 Koroks until I found out there's nearly 1000 hidden in the world, haha. I love the little things, it encourages you to investigate everything and prevents the world feeling like a skybox - reminds me of the interactivity of the Elder Scrolls / Fallout worlds.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,867 Posts
    I am going to buy the new God of War game on Friday. I never buy games brand new unless I have a gift card to the mall or something, but I used to love the old God of War games and I'm suddenly hearing that this new one is incredible. I have decided I am going to risk it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 Times in 1,142 Posts
    Plague Inc Evolved was on the most recent steam sale, and it looked right up my alley, so I bought it. So far it's so damn addicting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Heck no. I'm not too impressed with Garcia. Has been overly wild imo and gotten them to chase some which has helped a lot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Fortnite is like fucking crack. I can't stop playing it no matter how much I suck
    This. Fortnite has reached a frenzy that is pretty amazing. Itís become a full on meme at this point. Itís incredibly addicting, but itís the multiplayer with friends that has really taken it to the next level.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,670 Times in 5,355 Posts
    This is so interesting. Thief Gold and Thief II are two of the best pure stealth games ever made and were way ahead of their time, but nearly didn't happen.

According to the top comment, LGS is back together under a new studio name and are in the process of making new games, including System Shock 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 1,074 Posts
    I fuck'n loved the Thief games. Thief 3 was fun as well, if not as innovative. Much bigger universe in that one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r0s For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (04-20-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    I fuck'n loved the Thief games. Thief 3 was fun as well, if not as innovative. Much bigger universe in that one.
    Yeah, and those games had surprisingly great stories, too. Much more supernatural than you'd expect. Garrett was a great character.
    Frag are you alive?

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    "The Stranger" knocking on the door was one of the least unexpected and up there in the great moments in video game history.

I'm just past that now.
    There are no atheists in foxholes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    "The Stranger" knocking on the door was one of the least unexpected and up there in the great moments in video game history.

I'm just past that now.
    Wat
    Frag are you alive?

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Wat
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    There are no atheists in foxholes

Thanks
    I enjoyed the demo of David Cageís latest game Detroit: Become Human. Youíre an android negotiator trying to save a hostage.

Seems like the setting is a good one from what Iíve seen.