KC
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,793 to 1,800 of 1800

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,740 Posts
    I played it for a very short time, so I admit I probably didn't get to any really good parts. I've heard nothing but good things about it all but it just does stuff that I don't really like.

My beefs were:

I hated how the guy controls. I was looking through the options for anything that would help, but I still just hated moving him around.

I couldn't read the text on the screen. It was so tiny. Not having any previous experience with these games made it worse since I didn't know what any treasures were instinctively.

My screen was cluttered with bullshit telling me where to go and what to do. I didn't like having to use his spidey sense or a radar to find things. I turned all this off but then the game just became unplayable since no one actually gives good directions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 946 Posts
    Yes the facial animations suck in Andromeda. At one point my character was smiling when talking about a dead family member. Really I just find it funny and dont let it ruin the game.

The gameplay and combat is VERY good and the overall game is great if you can get past bad facial animations and some bad voice acting.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Yes the facial animations suck in Andromeda. At one point my character was smiling when talking about a dead family member. Really I just find it funny and dont let it ruin the game.

The gameplay and combat is VERY good and the overall game is great if you can get past bad facial animations and some bad voice acting.
    It's REALLY bad. I have had characters lips not moving as well as my characters skin turn orange and hair colour turn white during conversations. The frame rate drops are bad too and it gets to the point where you have to re-load a save. It is unacceptable IMO especially with the quality this franchise offered in the past.

I find the lack of polish and poor decisions with character creation, menus, upgrade system, voice acting etc quite embarrassing for that developmental team. They deserve all the criticism they get.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    I played it for a very short time, so I admit I probably didn't get to any really good parts. I've heard nothing but good things about it all but it just does stuff that I don't really like.

My beefs were:

I hated how the guy controls. I was looking through the options for anything that would help, but I still just hated moving him around.

I couldn't read the text on the screen. It was so tiny. Not having any previous experience with these games made it worse since I didn't know what any treasures were instinctively.

My screen was cluttered with bullshit telling me where to go and what to do. I didn't like having to use his spidey sense or a radar to find things. I turned all this off but then the game just became unplayable since no one actually gives good directions.
    They fixed the small text and icons via patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    They fixed the small text and icons via patch.
    I need to get back into this game. I got to about 19% done and stopped playing after it came out. I'm probably better off starting fresh to get up to speed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 693 Posts
    Went with witcher 3 and the graphics look amazing. Only problem I have with it is geralt's voice acting. It's like he's doing a batman impersonation.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dineke View Post
    Went with witcher 3 and the graphics look amazing. Only problem I have with it is geralt's voice acting. It's like he's doing a batman impersonation.
    Geralt's voice acting is like one of the best things about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

P2F (03-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,077 Posts
    So I'm not sure if anyone's ever heard how Matt Groening originally intended Marge to have rabbit ears, as some weird tie-in/reference type thing with his Life in Hell show,

Originally, Marge Simpson’s hair style was designed that way because the creator, Matt Groening wanted to reveal in the very last Simpsons episode that underneath her hair was rabbit ears!

This idea was a shock to the other writers and co-creators, who sat there stunned with disbelief at the madness their boss just said. Matt Groening was then shouted at by co-creator Sam Simon, who told Matt what a stupid idea it was and that they would not be using it.
    However!

In The Simpsons Arcade Game, it turns out that Matt Groening did get his own way after-all and Marge was given large bunny ears! The images above are sprites taken from the game, where you can see that the hoover to her head, reveals bunny ears. And when she gets zapped, her skeleton also shows her rabbit side!

Uh...