NYM
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,193 to 2,208 of 2288

Thread: Vidya Games Chat

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think one of the most underrated games is the Serious Sam series. Yeah, there's zero attempts at a plot or anything, but there's something to be said for blasting endless enemies with massive guns. It's even available in VR now, if you have it!

I think Steam might have a free preview version for the HD edition, although in the sales it's often dirt cheap anyway.
    I haven't had a chance to try out VR yet, in theory it sounds amazing but I'm concerned about the reports of motion sickness.

When more full games are released (Skyrim VR just came out) I may be tempted to get one anyway.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try out VR yet, in theory it sounds amazing but I'm concerned about the reports of motion sickness.

When more full games are released (Skyrim VR just came out) I may be tempted to get one anyway.
    Yeah, I don't have a VR system yet, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out before getting one

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (11-19-2017)

Thanks
    Yeah, I don't have a VR system yet, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out before getting one
    I just hope it doesn't go the way of 3D TVs and get dropped. Although still in the early adopter stage, with investment and development VR could be a real game changer. Imagine a stealth or sport game in true VR - the immersion would be intense.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,668 Times in 5,353 Posts
    I started playing Path of Exile and I'm basically back to the days where I was addicted to Diablo 2 in elementary school. It's free to play but you oddly get a perfectly full experience even if you choose not to spend a dime.

It's so good. The number of classes to explore is so diverse (Shadow, Ranger, Marauder, Scion, Duelist, Witch, Templar and each one has 3 ascendancy classes that each play pretty differently) and the way they implement skills is very interesting. Skills are not class specific.

Here's an example of a passive skill tree (every single node is passive - active skills like attacks and spells are implemented via gems in your equipment)

I can't recommend this game because it will ruin your life, but it is so, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I started playing Path of Exile and I'm basically back to the days where I was addicted to Diablo 2 in elementary school. It's free to play but you oddly get a perfectly full experience even if you choose not to spend a dime.

It's so good. The number of classes to explore is so diverse (Shadow, Ranger, Marauder, Scion, Duelist, Witch, Templar and each one has 3 ascendancy classes that each play pretty differently) and the way they implement skills is very interesting. Skills are not class specific.

Here's an example of a passive skill tree (every single node is passive - active skills like attacks and spells are implemented via gems in your equipment)

I can't recommend this game because it will ruin your life, but it is so, so good.
    Yeah, I've played around in it a bit, and it is quite good. I think I prefer the Diablo series better (would be nice if Blizzard released a classic version or the original and second with updated graphics, and given they have for Starcraft, it's not that big a stretch). Definitely worth checking out given it's free. Torchlight II also looks interesting, but I haven't played it.

MVP
    Thanks
    Steam's autumn sale has also started.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,668 Times in 5,353 Posts
    Yeah, I've played around in it a bit, and it is quite good. I think I prefer the Diablo series better (would be nice if Blizzard released a classic version or the original and second with updated graphics, and given they have for Starcraft, it's not that big a stretch). Definitely worth checking out given it's free. Torchlight II also looks interesting, but I haven't played it.
    What do you prefer about Diablo? PoE is more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 is. Just curious.

I like that it's easier to solo in PoE as well. Currently playing a Ranger and dabbling in Witch (love both) but I honestly want to play every main class except Shadow and Scion.
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

MVP
    Thanks
    What do you prefer about Diablo? PoE is more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 is. Just curious.

I like that it's easier to solo in PoE as well. Currently playing a Ranger and dabbling in Witch (love both) but I honestly want to play every main class except Shadow and Scion.
    I'm not really sure. Maybe it's just the familiarity. I agree it's more like Diablo 2, which isn't surprising since it was created by basically the same team.

Thanks
    Steam's autumn sale has also started.
    I've recently started using isthereanydeal.com which is really useful - it tells you the cheapest current and historical price for any PC game.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

Abomination (11-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,175 Times in 3,277 Posts

If you like ARPG's and haven't tried it yet, I strongly recommend Grim Dawn. It's made by the same developers who created Titan Quest - another excellent game which I would strongly recommend, it's a bit on the older side but it ages really well. Grim Dawn from what I understand has a pretty good skill system in comparison to other games in the genre (where PoE is also lauded), and from having played it the settings are great, it's very fun to play, and the story/lore is well developed so that you really immerse yourself into the game. It's not the most expensive game, should only set you back around $20 on Steam, less on a sale.

Also the developers are really just quite fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks

All Star
    Thanks
    I read today EA lost $3b of value as people were pissed about the need of in-game buying for the new Star Wars Battlefront game

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    I read today EA lost $3b of value as people were pissed about the need of in-game buying for the new Star Wars Battlefront game
    They made a really good game but screwed it up with the progression system.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,867 Posts
    PS4 question:

If I sign up for one month of PS+ membership to take advantage of some good sales/discounts, will my purchases still be available to me after the membership expires? Will they be accessible even if I am not a member?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    PS4 question:

If I sign up for one month of PS+ membership to take advantage of some good sales/discounts, will my purchases still be available to me after the membership expires? Will they be accessible even if I am not a member?
    If you're buying full games yes you will still have the games. Not the online aspects. Unless they are exclusive games only available with PS PLUS. Which a majority of games aren't.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonn For This Useful Post:

intentional wok (12-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,601 Times in 6,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    If you're buying full games yes you will still have the games. Not the online aspects. Unless they are exclusive games only available with PS PLUS. Which a majority of games aren't.
    Oh shit, I'm dumn.